• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

March Getting/Staying Clean/Sober Thread

Thanks Captain... Going to do whatever it takes. Feeling good about being on my 4th day cigarrette free.

Relapse day before yesterday :/

I didn't use it as an excuse to say "fuck it" and jump back on the dope train though. 15 days into March, 14 of them completely dope free. I'm not going to let my relapse get the best of me.

I didn't use it as an excuse to say "fuck it" and jump back on the dope train though. 15 days into March, 14 of them completely dope free. I'm not going to let my relapse get the best of me.

Good job on keeping the relapse a one time thing. Slips are common and as long as you don't let them gain traction then the coping skills will start to come more naturally with time.

Good job on keeping the relapse a one time thing. Slips are common and as long as you don't let them gain traction then the coping skills will start to come more naturally with time.

That's how I'm trying to look at it instead of with shame and regret. This forum is amazing at helping me understand my addiction and all that comes along with recovery. I'm against a lot of things about NA and the 12 steps (I know it works for others, and thats great, but not me) so this is one of my only places I can truly discuss my addiction with people who know what I'm going through. You guys rule over here in SL!

A tiny slip up - it happens.

When I was on Suboxone I probably did heroin again a few times here and there. Always went back to suboxone the next day; and very glad I stuck with it.

When I was on Suboxone I probably did heroin again a few times here and there. Always went back to suboxone the next day; and very glad I stuck with it.

Yeah, I'm glad I didn't say "fuck it" afterwards and keep using. I feel like that isn't an option for me almost. I mean, it is, but I can clearly see the outcome and it's no good.

Lots of positive things going on, good job to everyones' clean time, and everyone else stay strong!

Haven't really been keeping track but probably over a month of no cigs, over 2 months clean from my DOC (on bupe though), and started to exercise.

Next is to cut down on the alcohol consumption and drop my bupe dosage.

Overall a good month so far, hope you all keep the positives rollin'!

No opiates, alcohol, or benzos since Jan 1. Still getting mild urges but doing great otherwise. Sleeping 8 hrs a night is delightful! Also have my appetite back, which is nice, but I gotta watch that: my belly is growing a bit.

Peace&Love,
jasper

I still get urges myself from time to time, mostly they are fleeting thoughts of remembering a time from back when I was getting high. Then I think of something else like a video game related thought and the urge to use goes away.

Had plenty of moments blurred together by obsession in the past 2023 days, but none have been blurred together by the obsession to use drugs just for today.

Hey there SOMNI!! Glad to see you here I've been wondering where you've been. I haven't been posting much- very very depressed and anxious w alot of stressful things on top of it.

I have my long-awaited sub appt a week from today. I'm so ready. More ready than I've ever been. I'm falling apart. Change is long overdue.

I hope all of my BL family is in a good place today. <3

10years, hope your sub appt goes well. I know bupe works very well for me, and not just suppressing WD but making me normal and productive again. Have you been on it before?

hey tjmothy- Thank you for the supportive words.

I have never been to a sub Dr and program but have illicitely obtained subs pretty many times.

I'm very ready to get off the deranged dope merry-go-round. It is causing tremendous suffering for me. On top of not being on Neurontin as Im supposed to be.

Glad to read your doing better every day tjmothy!

All of the mods know already but I figure I'll make this public, I relapsed the other night.

All of the mods know already but I figure I'll make this public, I relapsed the other night.

Relapse means you are back in active addiction.

It sounds like you merely had a lapse. Are you planning on quitting again?