herbavore

39688983385_69f8d61657_z.jpg

Jekyl Anhydride

mal3volent

FsMX4tG.jpg

hydroazuanacaine

Last edited:
Round 394: Flower Power!

This round's theme is PLANTS and FLOWERS, as dictated by myself, your reigning Festivemeister

Show us your pansies! Whether it's a feast of spring flowers, a weird and wonderful tree or shrub, the beautiful patterns on a wilting leaf, or an arty close-up of a rose-bud, submit your favourite botanical snaps below!

Now taking your submissions! Submit to the heartless rulers of the dearest of all the Internet forums, LAVA!

LAVA Photo Contest Rules

1. This contest is open to everyone, regardless of equipment and skill level.
  2. Submissions will be taken until April 4th.
  3. Voting will be open from April 5th to the 25th .
  4. Photographs or variation of a photograph cannot be recycled from previous rounds.
  5. Photographs must be your original work.
  6. Only one photograph may be entered per contest per member.
  7. Post your photo in the the form of an image, not a link to click on.
    • To insert an image, host the image on a 3rd party site and post it using the picture button or this code [IMG]...[/IMG].
    • Those who wish to participate in sharing full versions of their entries may do so by providing a link to the full sized version in the same post as their entry.
    • Please be sure the dimensions of your photo are not obtrusive when displayed.
  8. This month, the winner shall be crowned and known throughout the land (of BL) henceforth as Gardenmeister.
  9. PS don't be boring! Don't vote for your own photo. Make it fun and pick a favorite from your worthy competitors.

Previous thread here

Become our new Gardenmeister just in time for the spring!!!

Last edited:
This is a photo of some mountain laurel flowers. One of the most beautiful flowers in the Appalachians. They grow in clusters on the trees, very much like rhododendron trees. This shows them in various stages of maturity on a single cluster, with more clusters on the same tree in the background and also some of the leaves in the foreground. In the winter they fold up into tubes when it gets really cold but they're not deciduous, they're glossy and thick leaves.

cSdBdQ5.jpg

As an aside, I sure love the place I live. <3

Very nice photo man. Do they smell good as well?

Not very strongly at all, unfortunately. Thanks! It's another one from my iPhone, those things really take some nice photos.

Gotta find something to take a pic of, no flowers here yet, but alot of beautiful scenery still.

This is a photo of some mountain laurel flowers. One of the most beautiful flowers in the Appalachians. They grow in clusters on the trees, very much like rhododendron trees. This shows them in various stages of maturity on a single cluster, with more clusters on the same tree in the background and also some of the leaves in the foreground. In the winter they fold up into tubes when it gets really cold but they're not deciduous, they're glossy and thick leaves.

cSdBdQ5.jpg

As an aside, I sure love the place I live.

Lol, nice submission zoplicone bandit.

I do try my best, I meant to say & did type "Needs to be shot with a high F number" though why it didn't show I have no idea.

If you actually took the time to see my photography & are aware of the PROVOKE/Japanese scene with folks like Moriyama etc you'll very well be posting "nice submission zoplicone bandit" very fast =D

Look forward to seeing it mate, I'm a shit photographer lol.

Look forward to seeing it mate, I'm a shit photographer lol.

What makes you think that?
What got me was when I started I felt I was "shit" too but I was passing my eye over Western work (Cartier-Bresson) & then I found the "New York" book by William Klein & then the work of the early 1960's Japanese folks & it blew my mind.

Like William Klein said "Fuck them all"

If you wanna do it go hit the street, you don't need a 10,000 dollar Lecia with a F1.0 lens or some 25,000 dollar DLSR to do good work, the first thing is you have to feel it & the rest comes quickly after that.

That's why, you have to see beauty to capture it, but I won't get into that here.

I do try my best, I meant to say & did type "Needs to be shot with a high F number" though why it didn't show I have no idea.

Well can't do much about that with an iPhone (I don't think), but I like it when the near background is blurred/softened so I probably would have done similar if I had had my Nikon 3200D with me.

I wish you could see the shit eating grin going on as I look through the submissions thus far =D

I think they call this feeling “rapture” in english :)

It is making me feel super nostalgic for my old poppy garden. Hopefully someone has some nice chicks and hens or Persian whites going and doesn’t mind sharing <3