• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Dealing with DHC wd/s.

thatrandomdude

Bluelighter
Hello fellow bluelighters, I'm in a bit of a pickle at the moment as I can't get any more dihydrocodeine from my doctor for another week or so but only have 2 days worth left, I can already feel the leg pain starting to set in (always the first and worst sign of incoming wd/s for me) and I was just wondering if the Codeine linctus sugar free cough syrup would help at all with the WD/s?

I've never really used codeine at all, done a few CWEs on co-codomal in the past but never really had to since I have a DHC script.

The codeine linctus cough syrup only active ingredient is Codeine phosphate (5ml = 15mg)

Thanks and good day.

I'm glad, I just wasn't sure since dhc is almost twice as strong and dhc => hydromorphone where as codeine => morphine (I think that's right?)

dhc is dihydrocodeine not hydromorphone, and codeine is codeine, not morphine. All of which will stave off opioid wd.

yeah I know that but I meant codeine is converted to morphine where as DHC is converted into hydromorphone, that's what gives the euphoric effects, or am I wrong?

Close.. dhc is metabolized into dihydromorphine. But all of the previous stated substances and their metabolites operate on the mu receptors

ah that's the one, that's all I meant but yeah thanks for your feedback.. i'm hoping to get off taking any opiods soon but it's not an easy mule to kick.. even though I've beaten benzo and alcohol withdrawal and their dangers I somehow just can't beat the non dangerous but painful withdrawals of opiods :(

^, DHC is actively in it's own, unlike codiene which has a pair of active metabolites

Honestly it may be a tricky transition, you can mess with DHC to ~double the BA% and potency, not really so w/ codiene, and although the jury is out on CG's role in analgesic effects, you probably need morphine conversion for full opioid effects-what was DHC dose?

It is -typically- about twice as potent, though this can range from 1.5-3x as potent, depending upon circumstances-maybe for an ultra-rapid or extensive metabolizer, more similar potency. It should help though, just CWE and all

Hi and thanks, yeah I thought it could be tricky that's why I came on here for some advice. The DHC tabs I am prescribed are 30mg, and I usually take 8 or 9 for first dose, then take another 10 or so periodically throughout the day. But I am running short and unable to get more until late next week so i'm stuck with either the Codeine linctus syrup (5ml - 15mg codeine, only active ingredient) or doing CWE. I'm not too fussed about getting a buzz off it I just don't want to go through the pain of the WD's.

The DHC I get isn't the slow release ones btw, just the standard tablets.

EDIT: also I've done some CWE's in the past but they didn't seem to have any effect on me.. maybe because I didn't do enough IDK, but the codeine syrup is 600mg a bottle so I think that will be more than enough

Last edited:
You know 800mg cimetidine per day, or a liter of grapefruit juice (or both) can make dhc twice as potent-you could double your supply

Hit me up if need safe guidance to that (dhc has low BA%)