• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

When will I feel normal

Hi Yuba!

I hope your wife is feeling a bit better now?

So happy you are doing so well, I'm really proud of you, I am hanging in there, I hate Mondays, lol.

You looking forward to the Super Bowl??? I hope Brady gets his ass handed to him but it never works out that way, lol. ; )

Here for you anytime,
your friend,
Ash.
How you doing ash glad to hear you hanging in I also used to hate Mondays but now not working it's just another day.On the super bowl I not watched american sports since I was a teenager used to go to candlestick park these the days of Joe Montana and Jerry rice just as young was becoming quarter back for the 49ers.My love of sports is football or soccer as it's called in states love Liverpool football club.Can not understand how the la raiders could move city to Oakland.And don't even start me on baseball fuck me does that bore me to death.How is everything else with you ash how is your h3alth

Been one year and one days since I quit heroin and opium related products.Been quite a few relapses and a few minor wd since.But I have done it something that has been the hardest expierance in my adult life.But I'm no longer addicted to gear or pregabs don't wake up feeling like shit don't have that eternal clock ticking that would start letting me know it's time to dose and for me that's the most beautiful aspect since my quit.Things have got easier but I still think about gear a lot and put some in front of me and I still not got the will power to say no but fuck it I'm proud of myself may seem like boasting wh8ch I'm not just happy that I have stuck at it.

Thankful for this message.

So happy to see it, YOU SHOULD BE PROUD!!!! Boast away my friend!!!! You struggled, but I think addiction sounds like a whole lot of struggling and then some break free.

Such a huge accomplishment, I am so proud to call you my friend, you really are the best!!!

Much love my dear friend,
Ash.

Been one year and one days since I quit heroin and opium related products.Been quite a few relapses and a few minor wd since.But I have done it something that has been the hardest expierance in my adult life.But I'm no longer addicted to gear or pregabs don't wake up feeling like shit don't have that eternal clock ticking that would start letting me know it's time to dose and for me that's the most beautiful aspect since my quit.Things have got easier but I still think about gear a lot and put some in front of me and I still not got the will power to say no but fuck it I'm proud of myself may seem like boasting wh8ch I'm not just happy that I have stuck at it.

2Q==

9k=

Thankful for this message.

So happy to see it, YOU SHOULD BE PROUD!!!! Boast away my friend!!!! You struggled, but I think addiction sounds like a whole lot of struggling and then some break free.

Such a huge accomplishment, I am so proud to call you my friend, you really are the best!!!

Much love my dear friend,
Ash.
Thanks ash you are a massive part of my quit seriously without your s and rios words of advice i would have been back on it again.I know that i will always have a thing for heroin. But things have settled down

As long as you're happy I'm happy.

Keep living life to the fullest with your awesome family Yuba.

Much love,
your friend,
Ash.

Thanks ash you are a massive part of my quit seriously without your s and rios words of advice i would have been back on it again.I know that i will always have a thing for heroin. But things have settled down

Thanks ash we be meeting in a few months time.Spain holiday come back and fly back home to the states.I feel confident about it now get back and get on the truck.Fancy driving 48 see the country and just be with my own thoughts.Need to work ash sitting around doing my head in.But first get the vows done make my wife happy she deserves this from me.How you doing mate what you been up to
As long as you're happy I'm happy.

Keep living life to the fullest with your awesome family Yuba.

Much love,
your friend,
Ash.

You sound really great Yuba. Say hello to your lovely wife for me please.
I look forward to meting you all.

Very proud of the man you are Yuba.

Much love,
your friend always,
Ash.

Thanks ash we be meeting in a few months time.Spain holiday come back and fly back home to the states.I feel confident about it now get back and get on the truck.Fancy driving 48 see the country and just be with my own thoughts.Need to work ash sitting around doing my head in.But first get the vows done make my wife happy she deserves this from me.How you doing mate what you been up to

How is everyone doing hope all is good.Not posted for a while been busy.Still clean still bored but I have come to terms with the fact that clean life is 90 per cent shit and some great moments.

Hey yuba,
good to hear from you, I was just coming to check on you. So proud of of you.

Hugs,
Ash.

Hello everyone,

This is basically my first post.

I've been heavily addicted to codeine for 5 years. I've been clean 3-days. I know the withdrawal ain't as bad as other drugs.

I've had some valium. I'm probably addicted to that to. Anyways, one day at a time.

I've quit maybe 4 times over the years. Last time was for 3 minutes months. But I decided I deserved a special treat and bang. Here I am again.

I'm day 8. I am guessing it doesn't get better for a while? I am wondering the same thing. Do I just not take anything at all for days and suffer through insomnia until the brain and body adjust? I have Gabapentin and that is the only thing that has helped me to sleep two hours or more a night but I don't want to get addicted to that either. Not sure what to do.

I'm doing great my friend!!

Went to the lake this weekend, it's really hot here!! What's the weather like there? Your weekend sounds so nice, I'm sure your kids like this new change in you so much!!! The boredom, yes, we could do without that couldn't we??? Oh well,could always be worse, right??? Keep being you Yuba, you're AMAZING!!!

Hugs,
your friend always,
Ash.
How you doing my friend the weather here is shit windy and cold as fuck .Be back in the states on the 23rd.My dealer mate had a going away party for me all my pals were the the smack heads and the coke heads was on it for two days wife is so pissed of not talking to me.How are you my friend

I'm day 8. I am guessing it doesn't get better for a while? I am wondering the same thing. Do I just not take anything at all for days and suffer through insomnia until the brain and body adjust? I have Gabapentin and that is the only thing that has helped me to sleep two hours or more a night but I don't want to get addicted to that either. Not sure what to do.
Try taking a Oct sleeping tablet.Insomnia is so bad I got some lyrica on day ten it helped but I end up getting addicted to that so be careful with Gabapentin which is like lyrica.It does get better but takes time .

You need to redefine normal friend. You?ll never feel normal again because your idea of normal constantly changes with your growth. You?ll get used to sobriety one day and the constant hot poking of addiction will lessen to a itch to forgetting what youre missing

Hello, all. Just reading that others are still in the beginning stages of getting through this and are also having trouble seeing an end is somehow reassuring to me. I usually only make it about a week and then I convince myself I can use once and somehow my body and sleep will regulate, but that obviously doesn't happen, and I keep starting over. Hoping this time will be different, and also hoping to read some positive posts when some of us start feeling better.

Hello, all. Just reading that others are still in the beginning stages of getting through this and are also having trouble seeing an end is somehow reassuring to me. I usually only make it about a week and then I convince myself I can use once and somehow my body and sleep will regulate, but that obviously doesn't happen, and I keep starting over. Hoping this time will be different, and also hoping to read some positive posts when some of us start feeling better.
How you doing mate you can get through this it's hard but defiantly can be done. We all make that mistake of thinking we can somehow doing gear recreationly but have not met anyone that can keep it that way. If you need advice or just some words of encouragement this a great place for it. Life is much better without it don't loom at this thread and think this guy keeps relapsing I'm just weak I think people do stop and stay clean keep at it mate and keep thinking how much better it is when not needing gear to function

Thank you, Yuba. I appreciate the encouragement and the positive words. I'm weak too, yet I keep trying to do this on my own with the same results. I've been reading these threads for years while sick, at first just to read how different people were doing short term sub tapers, but now I'm finally posting - maybe so I don't feel so alone in this. I wasn't sure what the best non-triggering, positive thread was, so any advice on that would be appreciated.
If you don't mind me asking, where are you in this process? You don't have to answer. I've read posts over the years from you and various others, and it sounds like you have the tools you need to beat this, so I can't help but be curious what sets other back, when they know the grass is greener on the other side.
Again, thank you for reaching out.

I'm learning to appreciate smaller returns to 'normal', rather than wondering if and when I will feel like myself again. I like how cyberius said that our idea of 'normal' changes with growth. Last time I had any real time off H, once I was a month or so in, I felt like a completely different person. Awkward in social situations, high anxiety, racing thoughts, restless... and although it was uncomfortable, overall I felt so much better. This was the beginning of the new 'normal' for me, I guess.
Still in the early stages now, but instead of sitting in the chair all day hiding under a blanket feeling sorry for myself, I've been seeing family, and just being able to laugh with my sister last night was one of the first signs to me that I'm getting better. Just experiencing some positive emotion....how about that? Didn't realize how long it has been.
I'm hoping someone else who's still in the early stages can look forward to feeling some of those feelings and remind themselves how much better it really is once they get through the worst of it.
Although it probably feels like it, you are never alone in this fight.

I'm learning to appreciate smaller returns to 'normal', rather than wondering if and when I will feel like myself again. I like how cyberius said that our idea of 'normal' changes with growth. Last time I had any real time off H, once I was a month or so in, I felt like a completely different person. Awkward in social situations, high anxiety, racing thoughts, restless... and although it was uncomfortable, overall I felt so much better. This was the beginning of the new 'normal' for me, I guess.
Still in the early stages now, but instead of sitting in the chair all day hiding under a blanket feeling sorry for myself, I've been seeing family, and just being able to laugh with my sister last night was one of the first signs to me that I'm getting better. Just experiencing some positive emotion....how about that? Didn't realize how long it has been.
I'm hoping someone else who's still in the early stages can look forward to feeling some of those feelings and remind themselves how much better it really is once they get through the worst of it.
Although it probably feels like it, you are never alone in this fight.
Sorry I not replies earlier been having a relapse so mood was up and down to post.You are doing well my friend. I found that during recovery it feels good to start having natural emotions again. The time I felt I knew I'm getting better was when a few days in I started feeling so horny then I knew it all coming back. When I got through my wd I was expecting me to be back to normal but it was not the case. You are right it does take time but the amount of abuse we put our bodies through it's surprising how the brain does heal. Keep going my friend you are doing well .