• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

When will I feel normal

My experience:
I was given gabapentin in rehab( for opiates, about a year of mild but constant use)(I've used drugs for about 10 years and been to rehab once before) to help me sleep and help with neck pain. I was only taking 300mg at night. They wanted me to take it 3x a day :(
Anyway I stopped taking it (was only on it for about 3 weeks) and im having horrible withdrawal from it! Really bad spinal pain, stomach pain, head ache and so on. I feel so hypersensitive to everything!
I know from such short usage this is a rare occurrence. I wish they never gave me anything. I guess what I'm trying to say is be careful using one drug to get off another. Best of luck and much love!

I don't understand it been watching these youtube videos people on day 11 already feel better then me.Today I got the flu my legs are stiff and hurt and I feel miserable.Could it be the poopy pod tea is the reason I feel like this but that was only a Friday thing to add a better buzz to black tar.I had a peak on Sunday then it has nosedived.I snappy moody and so miserable if it was normal for people to cry in public I would have cried all day.

... people on day 11 already feel better then me ...Today I got the flu my legs are stiff and hurt and I feel miserable
Ninety nine percent of people 11 days free from opiates will feel better than someone experiencing full-on flu symptoms. Don't give yourself any excuses to backpedal. My own thinking can be my worst enemy at times. I was told not to leave (relapse) one day before the miracle takes place.
Get well. You have the flu. Otherwise you are doing just fine.

Ninety nine percent of people 11 days free from opiates will feel better than someone experiencing full-on flu symptoms. Don't give yourself any excuses to backpedal. My own thinking can be my worst enemy at times. I was told not to leave (relapse) one day before the miracle takes place.
Get well. You have the flu. Otherwise you are doing just fine.
Thanks for that I think I let things get to me there.Today I was cleaning out my draw and I found 5 30mg codeine pills all day I've been trying to convince myself I'm in pain I should take them there is only 5.You saw right through that .after years of addiction it just seems a easier way to live do some opium feel good sleep well no anxiety.My wife back from states Saturday maybe seeing her will cheer me up.Plus she brings back some fruity pebbles cereal

Day 20 and I messed up a bit 2as feeling so crappy I took one 30 mg codeine tablet.Had 4 left I knew where this was going so threw them in toilet.I spent all day yesterday thinking why I should take one or two still only took the one.

At first it's 99% physical and 1% mental. Day 2 it's 98% physical and 2% mental. Day 3 it's 97% physical and 3% mental .... and on and on. Of course it's not as simple as that, but point is the longer I'm away from the "last one" the physiological hold eases yet the psychological grasp remains. Don't get me wrong, the mental aspect does ease also, but never entirely (in my experience). I've surrendered to the fact that I will always be drawn to "do some opium feel good sleep good" have energy, to recapture the ease and comfort I once knew. After all, it makes perfect sense. Unfortunately using opiates comes with a price for me. Fortunately there are steps that I can take to move away from unhealthy thinking and behaviors. The lingering question, the daily question: am I willing to take those steps today.

I hope you are feeling better. Your fruity pebbles comment made my day ... and it's only just after 9 am here on the east coast US. Best to you.

Last edited:
At first it's 99% physical and 1% mental. Day 2 it's 98% physical and 2% mental. Day 3 it's 97% physical and 3% mental .... and on and on. Of course it's not as simple as that, but point is the longer I'm away from the "last one" the physiological hold eases yet the psychological grasp remains. Don't get me wrong, the mental aspect does ease also, but never entirely (in my experience). I've surrendered to the fact that I will always be drawn to "do some opium feel good sleep good" have energy, to recapture the ease and comfort I once knew. After all, it makes perfect sense. Unfortunately using opiates comes with a price for me. Fortunately there are steps that I can take to shake that thinking. The lingering question, the daily question: will I take those steps today.

I hope you are feeling better. Your fruity pebbles comment made my day ... and it's only just after 9 am here on the east coast US. Best to you.
Thanks for the words of support.Even though I did a 30 mg codeine tablet it never did anything but make mypupils small.I think I came of the tamazepan and pegablin to early and with having the flu and insomnia and looking after kids and work got to me.what does not help is dealer saying he got some good shit.I have decided to take pegablin 3 times a week until sleep returns not up my nose but how they meant to be taken.Have a few days of decent sleep.During wd and with my wife gone I was horny as anything now she coming back I got no energy for it sods law I guess

Took 2 300 mg capsules of pegablin last night about 9 pm.Knocked me right out feel great after sleep will 9nly use them a few times a week.Why is everything good addictive.Told my cousin yesterday about my drug use and recovery felt good for 13 years only my wife knew.My cousin and wife stayed at mine last night looked after kids cooked dinner that helped so much.

Good morning everyone.Last night it finally happened got my first 5 hours of undrugged sleep.The anxiety is in the background barely not enough n0w to not let me sleep.My wife is back from the states so that has improved my mood.The cravings still there but I know they will come and go.

Would just like to thank everyone on here for their help.Its been over a month since detox finally feeling good getting natural sleep not a lot but enough.Also my depression has gone and am now feeling like what I was proberly like before drug use.I still get cravings out of the blue but I ignore them or smoke a joint

Grats yubacity. Take it one day at a time, each day is a victory. Exercise, going outside in the sun, and eating healthy (with vits) can make a huge difference mentally and physically.

As for me, I don't believe in such innovations in opiate withdrawal. I know that only Clonidine helps in opiate withdrawal . Otherwise maybe depends of people immunity. l

Clonidine works ok but it's generally given with other drugs as a cocktail. A muscle relaxer a benzo and something for nausea.

Grats yubacity. Take it one day at a time, each day is a victory. Exercise, going outside in the sun, and eating healthy (with vits) can make a huge difference mentally and physically.
Thanks mate I found once I could get 5 or 6 hours natural sleep things went better so quick.I just love being alert not always taking naps.I find that if im happy im really happy but if sad really sad.Joined gym will start exercise and weights soon start repairing the damage of all the years of drug use

Hey Yuba - you still out there? I'm at it again trying - in the middle of day 2. Again. How you?

Hey Yuba - you still out there? I'm at it again trying - in the middle of day 2. Again. How you?
I'm doing good more importantly how are you doing in the middle of day 2.Keep thinking to yourself in a few days you be over the worst of it.I been feeling really good this week mood has lifted energy coming back.For 13 years I was a prisoner to this drug it controlled me.Keep going you can do it I never got past the runny nose teary eyed yawning stage before this detox.If you put your mind to it and think within a week the worst be over.Life is so much better without opiates.Im booking a family holiday to Sicily over Easter I could never do that before because I would have no access to any gear over there.Please keep me updated on your progress I wish you all the best.I found that pegablin also known as lyrica helped me sleep and stopped the crippling anxiety that was driving me mad helped so much.

I can't believe it I fucked up last night no excuses I been feeling real good lately.Was at a friends house his mom had a mastectomy and was given tramadol 50mg she did not take them made her feel sick.My friend was gonna throw them away I don't know why but the cravings overtook me I took them of him and took 4 still got loads of strips at home hidden from wife.What the fuck is wrong with me I have been feeling so great lately.Been so proud of myself then to go and fuck it up again.I was getting back to what I thought was normal no major depression get 5 or 6 hours of natural sleep my wife so happy enjoying time with kids why was that not enough for me

Don't beat yourself up. Nobody is hurt. It's almost impossible to turn down opiates when they are so close to you like that. The trick is to not put yourself in situations where you have easy access. I think we've all learned that the hard way at least once.

What you do now is what matters

Don't beat yourself up. Nobody is hurt. It's almost impossible to turn down opiates when they are so close to you like that. The trick is to not put yourself in situations where you have easy access. I think we've all learned that the hard way at least once.

What you do now is what matters
Thanks mate it was not only the four I took 3 this morning to make Monday morning commute a bit more bearable.Going to go home today and throw the rest away.Its my third relapse in just over a month so far I been just doing it the once this the first time it gone into second day.Im worried about the cravings I got yesterday by just seeing the tramadol even thou during my addiction I would never think they were any good.Need to learn how to live life clean.I am so disappointed with myself even caught myself thinking I should have brought a strip to work.I hope to learn from this nothing lost yet it helps I can talk to people here that can have an idea how hard it is.

Just be safe. Remember tramadol causes seizures in high doses. I can't be aresed to Google the amount but just keep that in mind before you start eating handfuls

Just be safe. Remember tramadol causes seizures in high doses. I can't be aresed to Google the amount but just keep that in mind before you start eating handfuls
Thanks for the advice mate but I won't be taking any more.Knowing I got some opiate drug at home has made me restless at work.I know I can't get addicted by a couple of days of use but my mind been on those pills hidden in my drawer all day will have to bite bullet call wife and tell her to throw them will be an argument when I get home.She thinks once I got over the detox I will be back to normal and I was feeling good again seeing those pills the urge was to much.