• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Dihydrocodeine - Opinons?

I absolutely love DHC. It is hands down my favourite opiate and I've had oxy. It lacks potency yes, so if you're on methadone you probably won't be getting much off it, but if you have a low tolerance DHC is an amazing high.

After I had surgery I got a huge script for two 30mg tablets four times a day for a total of 240mg daily. I was in bliss! Nodded out easily on it as well especially with a little Valium on top. The NHS seems to love throwing the stuff at people, although only for short-term use.

Beautiful drug, one of the most underrated. I'd honestly rather have DHC than an oxy script if given the choice.

I get 3x30mg prescribes for chronic back pain (genuine before you ask) and find it really useful. No real euphoria and controls the pain well. Lucky really as I've had a serious heroin addiction which is well documented in my notes but tried so many options for pain control and found this plus excercise to be the most effective.

I absolutely love DHC. It is hands down my favourite opiate and I've had oxy. It lacks potency yes, so if you're on methadone you probably won't be getting much off it, but if you have a low tolerance DHC is an amazing high.

After I had surgery I got a huge script for two 30mg tablets four times a day for a total of 240mg daily. I was in bliss! Nodded out easily on it as well especially with a little Valium on top. The NHS seems to love throwing the stuff at people, although only for short-term use.

Beautiful drug, one of the most underrated. I'd honestly rather have DHC than an oxy script if given the choice.

Welcome back Wilson, good to see you posting.

I really rate DHC as an orally active opiate but alas, since graduating to end stage narcotics I am no longer able to get any effect from the drug. During the winter of 2006, my heroin use was so ridiculous and my tolerance was so high as I was still drawing my nurses wage and was smoking over a quarter a week. That was the last time I found any use for DHC, although I could not get high from the drug any more, I was finding it really hard to get high from the heroin and found that the only way to catch a goof was to chew on an XR 120mg DHC tablet which I had an abundance of at the time. If I ever lose my tolerance to poppies I would certainly try DHC again but at present they would just be a waste for me to take

I get 3x30mg prescribes for chronic back pain (genuine before you ask) and find it really useful. No real euphoria and controls the pain well. Lucky really as I've had a serious heroin addiction which is well documented in my notes but tried so many options for pain control and found this plus excercise to be the most effective.

Tell me to fuck off if I am being too nosey but otherwise may I ask how long you have been free from heroin from?

I've been desperately wanting to try desomorphine-D, almost got there too, but I decided to try the intermediate alpha-chloromorphide though and it was just SO peculiar and not opiate-like that I couldn't help BUT to try bioassay of the stuff, and it got into too much of an interesting project that I never got to final reduction to desomorphine. But...it'll happen alright. Its one of my top opioids, along with dipipanone, ketobemidone and levorphanol.

NOT 'krokodil', mind you in the case of desomorphine, but catalytic hydrogenation of the chloromorphide intermediate to desomorphine-D, rather than any nasty-ass Nagai reduction of chlorocodides etc. and certainly no russki peasant-style synthesis of it and injecting iodinated, solvent-soaked, phosphorus-containing nasty ass mixtures of obscene shit. Something that'll be purified and recrystallized, tested via chromatography etc. before ever going into me, but the drug itself, as it should be. Fuck yes, do I ever want to try the proper desomorphines in the clean state. No Nagai HI/red phosphorus reduction of chlorocodide, but nice, clean, environmentally friendly, selective reduction of the intermediate via various types of catalytic hydrogenation and if needs be, chromatography to ensure purification, and indeed selecting out other desomorphines so that each, and modifications of each can be tried separately.

(and of course, unlike desperate russian peasant junkies, I of course have both the equipment and knowledge to carefully separate out the different types of desomorphines, and most CERTAINLY would not ever, ever just shoot up a slurry of iodinated, iodine-contaminated, phosphorus-in-lighter fluid toxic, acidic slop. Nor would I be in the very tiniest degree satisfied with either an impure mixture when it comes to administration, or for that matter multiple-component otherwise clean mixtures of various different desomorphine-type compounds, since merely 'extreme euphoric rush on IV injection' in a mixture of similar ppioids isn't good enough or anywhere close. I want to try each possible one, on its own, so I can broaden my experience overall, and test each drug individually.

Also oxylove, the pressurized reaction with HBr/dihydrocodeine WON'T give desomorphine, but rather would give dihydromorphine. I've never had any of the desomorphines, not yet. Got as far as alpha-chloromorphide, but got distracted since there is VERY very little in-vivo data on it, even in mice or rats. So decided to guinea-pig it, and the alpha-chloromorphide got used before any could be subjected to catalytic hydrogenation using Pd/BaSO4 etc. So, some more will have to be...made available...at some point and the reduction step followed through by those kind, and quite madly generous chemists who seem to want to use LC as a tester for so many things...before he gets to try desomorphine-D and desomorphine-C etc. He's been meaning to let them know, and likewise, to tell them he's interested in desocodeine if ever said selfless people decide that desocodeine and analogs of it are on their to-do list for the day. He has heard that desomorphine-D is worth it certainly, so if they do decide to make any, then they can sign him up without any complaint on his part as a tester=D

But have had 6-monoacetyldihydromorphine and that, especially since I'd combined with memantine in the same shot. That, was absolutely astonishing in the sheer intensity of, and prolonged nature of the rush itself on IV, the rush itself lasted nearly 3/4 hour, before it began to tail off and the high itself started. Amazing, literally had me staggering and doing my best to hold on to surroundings to prevent my ass from hitting the deck. Unfortunately his...allies? seem to have a distinct shortage of precursors for desomorphine, and LC can hardly spare his pain meds en masse, considering he needs what he has, and is simply saving a small portion of the contents of the morphine. Still, it'll get done eventually, it wasn't as if, at least so he is told, that the formation of alpha-chloromorphide was difficult, and that was without any research papers to guide him. Now he can tell his little drug-gnome friends more useful things such as solubility data, workup guidance etc.

And no, it'd be no 'krokodil', no toxic slops floating in a sea of red phosphorus, iodine, SOCl2 and petroleum spirit, but nice, clean catalytic reduction under H2 using supported low-activity catalytic systems such as Pd on barium sulfate (sulfur, along with lead, are both highly notorious for 'poisoning' precious metal catalysts, lowering their activity, although in many cases most undesirable, there do exist deliberately 'poisoned' supported catalysts of that kind, which are intended from the outset to have such lowered activity, in order to confer upon them, greater chemoselectivity and allow for a finer touch where certain functional groups are present. He's buggered in an entirely new whole SET of assholes, diagonally with a rusty garden rake if he'd ever inject dirty, poisonous muck like russian krokodil.

Those gnomes though, they just need to get together say, 10g-20g of morphine to make a synthesis of that nature viable in terms of not having to fart around with ultramicroscale chemistry, they have always told LC that they hate doing that wherever it is avoidable.

Last edited:

Odd, I was on that same dose. 2x30 mg 4x a day. It does nothing for me and I'm very sensitive to pretty much all drugs. I now only use as and when needed for pain rather than the higher dose prescribed. I think I'm immune to the enjoyment side of DHC. TBF though when I first took it I did feel quite squishy.

Welcome back Wilson, good to see you posting.

I really rate DHC as an orally active opiate but alas, since graduating to end stage narcotics I am no longer able to get any effect from the drug. During the winter of 2006, my heroin use was so ridiculous and my tolerance was so high as I was still drawing my nurses wage and was smoking over a quarter a week. That was the last time I found any use for DHC, although I could not get high from the drug any more, I was finding it really hard to get high from the heroin and found that the only way to catch a goof was to chew on an XR 120mg DHC tablet which I had an abundance of at the time. If I ever lose my tolerance to poppies I would certainly try DHC again but at present they would just be a waste for me to take

Thanks man, didn't know I was active enough for anyone to notice I was missing!

This is the issue with DHC, a lot of people who are already on harder stuff like oxy or H will say it's shit but they don't realise the people who like it are those with a low tolerance. If you ever kick the H, the DHC's glory will shine through once again. In fact the NHS used to script DHC as maintenance meds back in the day so it's safe to assume if you were to taper off and make the switch, DHC would eventually work for you again. But that would depend on the size of your habit and the dose of DHC as well.

Odd, I was on that same dose. 2x30 mg 4x a day. It does nothing for me and I'm very sensitive to pretty much all drugs. I now only use as and when needed for pain rather than the higher dose prescribed. I think I'm immune to the enjoyment side of DHC. TBF though when I first took it I did feel quite squishy.

That is interesting, but much like regular codeine, DHC has to metabolised into other drugs before it's active. It could simply be the enzyme responsible for that metabolism is underactive on your body so you don't get much from it for this reason.

Considering I find DHC to be superior even to oxy I've been wondering whether or not I am an ultra-efficient metaboliser of the stuff.

If you want to be really jealous though, I gave one of my ex-girlfriends just 60mg DHC and she was straight up nodding from that dose! Lucky so and so...

Tell me to fuck off if I am being too nosey but otherwise may I ask how long you have been free from heroin from?

Fine to ask...free from active addiction for about 5 years but had a couple of very short term slips within that. Am also a nurse and went through 5 years of being on a conditions of practice order which has now been lifted.

That's rather interesting Wilson. I do have a lot of health issues. Do you happen to know what enzyme that is? I'm really curious now. I'm deficient in a lot of things and have some trouble with the way my body processes things.
For instance certain drugs that come with a light or lack of body load cripple me and the issue with the dhc which has no rec use for me at all ( I'm happy with that being the case with dhc)

Sorry to hear that sweetie *hugs tight*

CYP-P450-3A4 and CYP-P450-2D6 would be the most likely alterations in a biological sense that would be viable targets for such prodrug type opioidergics.

A quick little google brings up this study which suggests CYP2D6 is responsible for DHC's metabolisation. That's the same enzyme used to metabolise codeine into morphine. Interestingly it's also apparently involved in metabolising amphetamine, and I am certainly more sensitive to amphetamine than most people. That said I only get mild effects from codeine, I'm not one of those lucky buggers who can take a few codeine 30mg and feel like I'm on morphine. But I'm guessing the way enzymes work is more complex than just a dimmer switch so the way an enzyme is involved with metabolising different substances will vary. Human biology is a complex thing.

Grapefruit should in theory cause your body to metabolise DHC more efficiently and essentially potentate it as it directly affects CYP2D6.

Isn't grapefruit juice an CYP-P450-2D6/P450-3A4 inhibitor? so for a largely prodrug, that being the case you'd expect the reverse of potentiation.

And make you feel kinda squishy sadie? that might just possibly be because you are kinda squishy=D

I wasnt implying krokodil was made from dihydrocodeine, I meant codeine as thats how people do it in Russia and was saying otc codeine is so easily available here in the UK im surprised people dont use it to make desomorphine, maybe we brits (even us heroin users) cant stand the idea of skin turning green. I know dihydrocodeine goes to dihydromorphine :) I get you, chemically pure desomorphine is nothing like krokodil, would be awesome to try

Its worse than just skin turning green. Have you seen some of those videos and pictures? I've seen poor bastard addicts who's forearm was showing the bones, the muscle and skin having literally rotted off, right down to the radius and ulna, from wrist to elbow. Just a pair of bones for an arm, underlayed by half an arm's thickness of necrotizing muscle tissue underneath.

Also, IIRC whilst it works (krokodil synth) with codeine, to produce alpha-chlorocodide, the same does not go for dihydrocodeine, apparently on reaction with SOCl2, if any at all, yields of alpha-chlorodihydrocodide are in the region of just a percent or two, 3-5% AT BEST.

It is easier to reduce dihydrocodeine to dihydromorphine though, using a pressure vessel and hydrobromic acid and heat. AFAIK codeine doesn't tolerate such harsh conditions, but seemingly DHC does.

Have tried alpha-chloromorphide, made directly from pharm morphine and SOCl2, but didn't end up doing the Pd/H2 catalytic reduction, since I decided to bioassay the chloromorphide itself, and it turned out active, although in a most certainly NOT opioid-like way, at least not a MOR agonist type way. Have been meaning to go the whole hog so to speak, and try desomorphine for myself. It seems like a most worthwhile opioid, if short acting, for IV use.

Yeah much worse so it must be a put off for British users or something. cant picture 14yo prostitutes hooked on krokodil like in russia in the uk still with all our country's flaws

Make sure police dont hack you if youre making good yields of class A drugs :) and you can complain and sue at any time, especially if its still "causing you distress" or whatever but many people here dont seem to do it enough, the nhs just gets away with doing things like leaving people in pain and treating anything to do with drug dependence like scum

Who'd WANT to fuck a 14yo prostitute hooked on krokodil? at least, not the way the russians make it. Desomorphine would be a different matter...but a slop consisting of a trace of desomorphine, a fuck-ton of vile byproducts mixed in with phosphorus, iodine, acidic god only knows what in cheap lighter fluid? That'd be like fucking a 7-year-old...because there is only half of them left. A 7-year old thats one step away from moaning 'must...eat..braiiiinnnsss...' at that. If I'm going to fuck a 14yo desomorphine addict then they better be making it via catalytic hydrogenation=D (not that I'd want to do a hooker in the first place. No thanks.)

Not the most appetizing proposition I've ever heard. And besides, I'm not a bastard (well not usually), and I wouldn't screw a 14yo in any exploitative way. Not counting my former fiancee....she'd probably have eaten me if I'd have said no. Or at the very least I'd have needed bits surgically reattaching. And in any case it was her idea, she's fucking hot, doesn't take no for an answer and we were in a relationship. And her not having any bones showing or rotting flesh was a distinct good point.

...one step away from moaning 'must...eat..braiiiinnnsss...

hahahaha

Zombie%20Flesh%20Eaters%20(18)

Russian DIY homebrew krokodil user. be warned

That's rather interesting Wilson. I do have a lot of health issues. Do you happen to know what enzyme that is? I'm really curious now. I'm deficient in a lot of things and have some trouble with the way my body processes things.
For instance certain drugs that come with a light or lack of body load cripple me and the issue with the dhc which has no rec use for me at all ( I'm happy with that being the case with dhc)

I just read this on ket and was really confused as to why some drugs might come with a light. Like a free torch or something.

hahaha I was saying that its fortunate we dont have 14yo prostitutes like in russia selling their body to get impure krokodil and yeah, not very appealing... Im guessing your former fiance wasnt a kid either lol?

I've been trying DHC - the 30mg tabs so no CWE needed

I haven't felt anything really at a dose of 210mg. I'm titrating upwards to be safe, but I haven't found much info on the net about what the
lethal/toxic dose is - presumably less than codeine as it's stronger. Is there a dose I shouldn't go over?