• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

81 days off suboxone,Xanax and Adderall... need some relief

131 days sober. Just read this... SELLING YOUR HOME IS MORE STRESSFUL THAN BANKRUPTCY, DIVORCE AND LOSING A LOVED ONE!!! I JUST WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW THIS BECAUSE I HAVE HAD MAJOR ANXIETY AND HAVE BEEN DOCUMENTING THIS ALMOST DAILY. I feel like the reason my anxiety is very bad is due to my house! Not PAWS!! life has been great. Really great besides being now one week until closing! Please do yourself a favor, do not make any life changing plans after you become sober! We have had too much stress and it’s driving me nuts. When I stopped using drugs I desperately wanted to change all of my life and wanted a better life for my family as well as myself. I never thought selling a home would be so hard but it is! I pray constantly about this situation and focus on this so much of the time! Please pray we get through this week and life can slow down soon!

Thank you very much! I am so thankful for my life! My family, my friends and all those who have inspired me to change and continue to be sober. I am very BLESSED! I pray I will keep God first in my life and to spread the love to others. I hope and pray I help those in need everyday. 132 days sober feels great. Please just keep it simple the first year of sobriety!!

133 days sober. I have learned this morning something that may seem simple for others but has been very hard for me. You have to love yourself! By loving other people and seeing yourself in others, you love yourself. I know the ones I have wanted to surround myself with because I know myself. I love them because I love myself. Of coarse you love your children unconditionally, but I loved and still love my husband and am able to feel the feelings he has and I really know him. We are all one. We have compassion and empathy because we have been there in the same position other people are. We help others because we love them and understand their problems. We can empathize with them because we have been them. I think i have this right. I am learning something new all the time. I have all these feelings about everything and it gets overwhelming at times but I have to deal with them without taking pills. I am so used to pushing things down. These feelings can be very overwhelming and the anxiety can be really hard but thank God He has gotten me through another day without abusing drugs. I hope we all have a good day and pray we are able to help others today! I pray we all find the strength today to do the best we can. I am thankful for the people in my life!! I am thankful I have an amazing family and we are all healthy. I pray for my home that we are closing on April 2 and we receive the peace of mind we need to help us get through another day without abusing alcohol or drugs.

There has been a lot of days (because i am having a hard time dealing with anxiety and stress) I wanted to shove my feelings down and have come very close to abusing medication again. I am thankful God allowed me to push through.

140 days sober! Thank you Lord! Still anxious but it’s not as bad. It could be worse. My home situation passed appraisal and we are closing Friday!

Stopped obsessing about the days I’ve been sober! I checked my clock and I’m 147 days. I have been going to meetings and I would highly recommend this to everyone. Please just try it and give it a chance. I have really learned that God has always been with me. I left Him. He is everywhere. We have nothing to be scared about when we put our faith in Him.

I just want to tell y’all what happened. Last night at a meeting I learned this in my heart. I’ve known this in my head but not in my heart. We are used to using our head not our heart. That is why we turned to drugs or alcohol. We weren’t designed to think and solve everything in our head. We have help and love in our heart! Truly amazing! I also read of 417 in the big book. I have been going to meetings and meet with a sponsor. Please rd 417 and try and go to meetings. It’s no joke! I woke up feeling like a person this morning. I am amazed at how good I feel. You don’t have to wait as long as I did. I feel like you could get better and feel better when you put your heart in it! God is good! All the time! 157 days today!

And acceptance is the answer to all my problems today.
When I am disturbed,
It is because I find some person, place, thing, situation --
Some fact of my life -- unacceptable to me,
And I can find no serenity until I accept
That person, place, thing, or situation
As being exactly the way it is supposed to be at this moment.
Nothing, absolutely nothing happens in God's world by mistake.
Until I could accept my alcoholism, I could not stay sober;
Unless I accept life completely on life's terms,
I cannot be happy.
I need to concentrate not so much
On what needs to be changed in the world
As on what needs to be changed in me and in my attitudes."

Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition p. 417

Thank you! That was very sweet of you! I know you are as strong as I am! If I can do this I know you can! I really believe in prayer and God now. Before I only thought I was the one doing everything and I became so self centered and selfish, etc. I had no understanding of what God was and who He or She could do. I promise you, you can do this. Pray, pray and pray. I finally got sick of myself really bad. I was sober and I still experienced a lot of pain. So I finally gave myself to the idea of AA and started believing in it. It works for me because it has a lot spiritual aspects in the program of AA. Keep me updated and if you have any questions please know I will help you!

Feeling like I need more excitement than n my life. I guess it’s my addictive mind! I pray to be joyous, peaceful and free from my crazy mind of mine!

This is what it means, dying to yourself and renewing your mind! Im a totally different person now!