• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Terrible after effects 2 years on from coke

Paulk8888

Greenlighter
Hi all

About Two years ago, I went on a night out and did about a g of Coke. I woke up the next day with a load of awful symptoms that to this day have either continued or have got less worse or gone.

- Bad pressure headache behind the nose - this was so painful and lasted for weeks until it subsided
- Tremor - resting especially, constant shake (e.g. When holding mobile phone)
- twitching and muscle spasms in legs and around body
- feel of blood flowing sensation in legs and feet, tingling
- vibrating feeling upon intial wake up in morning which then subsided
- body pulsing - can feel my heartbeat all over my body, in my neck, hands, feet etc
- Balance problems and light headed

I'm still struggling with these now. Ive been for an MRI and had all clear and seen a neurologist who have cleared me of anything f serious. I've read up numerous posts online with dopamine and serotonin and neurotransmitter issues, whether or not my symptoms are due to this I don?t know - I know a doctor wouldn?t be able to help, I feel like I?m at a point where I need to self help and diagnose.

Does anyone have any advice or suffered similar? Any help would be great - this can't get any worse.

Thanks for your time.

You won?t want to hear this or consider it seriously, but I implore you to try to not be reflexively dismissive of what I?m going to say:

It?s almost guaranteed to be psychological.

I will try to remember to come back here and elaborate on this, but here?s what I recommend:

1) Tell yourself you may or may not be damaged from the cocaine, there?s nothing you can do about it, and try to work towards acceptance of that possibility.

2) Stop any and all research into dopamine receptors, cocaine effects, etc.

3) when you feel any of those symptoms, instead of thinking about a solution or the cocaine, try to think ?this is just me now? -without a negative connotation - and move on with whatever you are doing.

There are other tips too but I gotta head out - the whole idea here is to lessen and then finally break the obsessive thinking and rumination about these symptoms.

Please know I?m not saying you?re wrong about the cocaine and your symptoms or you made them up. I believe you. But this general approach in which the fixation on the problem is lessened or dropped has not only worked for me with something VERY similar from meth use, but with several of my close friends. You would be amazed at the psychosomatic shit your brain can do.

Out of interest, did you tell the doctor you took cocaine and how much?

What JBrandon is saying is what I would like to say too. I have problems with anxiety and it makes me somatize alot. I was convinced I had some neurological problems due to my dizziness and legs that turned blue but as my anxiety lessened also did the symtoms/thinking about the symtoms. The doctors couldn't find anything wrong with me. Hope you get to feel better.

You won?t want to hear this or consider it seriously, but I implore you to try to not be reflexively dismissive of what I?m going to say:

It?s almost guaranteed to be psychological.

I will try to remember to come back here and elaborate on this, but here?s what I recommend:

1) Tell yourself you may or may not be damaged from the cocaine, there?s nothing you can do about it, and try to work towards acceptance of that possibility.

2) Stop any and all research into dopamine receptors, cocaine effects, etc.

3) when you feel any of those symptoms, instead of thinking about a solution or the cocaine, try to think ?this is just me now? -without a negative connotation - and move on with whatever you are doing.

There are other tips too but I gotta head out - the whole idea here is to lessen and then finally break the obsessive thinking and rumination about these symptoms.

Please know I?m not saying you?re wrong about the cocaine and your symptoms or you made them up. I believe you. But this general approach in which the fixation on the problem is lessened or dropped has not only worked for me with something VERY similar from meth use, but with several of my close friends. You would be amazed at the psychosomatic shit your brain can do.

This makes sense to me.

It isn't guaranteed to be psychological. That drug is directly cardiotoxic and bad reactions are definitely possible. Take care, hope you recover down the road. Try looking into nutrition in depth, especially related to the cardiovascular system.