• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Human Beings Suck Ass, Basically.

You forgot the 3rd category--
those who realize the above, find faith and salvation in a personal God, and go on to live relatively peaceful lives amid the waves.

Yeah, good point. There are also pigs (three different ones). Unfortunately the pigs don't seem to be in the majority. Maybe one day they will and all the dogs and sheep can slowly leach out of humanity and we can overcome our legacy and things can be different.

Yeah man, Bluelight is pretty special. The Internet in general is such a horror show so much of the time... people allowing anonymity to bring out their worst. There really isn't much of that at all around here and I love that. Glad to see you back CT. :) It's been quiet around these parts, I'm hoping that it livens up again.

Okay. Usually only anti-social/loner types think that way.

If the world had more bad than good then civilization would cease to exist. And, in actuality, 2018 has been one of the best times to live in. It's just that the most peaceful countries are becoming even more peaceful and the most violent countries are becoming even more violent.

Do something about it, help make the world a better place instead of getting high

If the world had more bad than good then civilization would cease to exist. And, in actuality, 2018 has been one of the best times to live in. It's just that the most peaceful countries are becoming even more peaceful and the most violent countries are becoming even more violent.

Do something about it, help make the world a better place instead of getting high

You are living in one of the less difficult places. Do you really think 2018 is the best time to be alive for those in war torn starving lands? You seem focused only on yourself and then project it onto the rest of the world.

How do you know what makes the world a better place? Maybe getting high makes it better.

God bless the anti social loner for he is wise.

I think that there have definitely been good people throughout history and even now who use their resources for making this a better place. Of course, it's easy to just say go out and make a difference in the world, but I think a better way is to just talk to people. Project that positive and constructive mindset on others so that they too can project it onto others. Be the best that you can be (of course, we all make mistakes) and do what you can to educate those around in a way that inspires change. That's an oversimplified version but I think it can still be effective.

"countries" are a human construction, and no places are inherently more violent than any others.
it's a matter of resources, economics, politics, culture, history, ideology etc etc.

i think a lot of people in the west have encountered a sense of profound disillusionment because of the political turbulence we've seen in the US (trump) and UK (brexit) and the implications of those things.
a lot of people are finding it hard to eke out a living in the way their parents and grandparents (and so on) were able to, and have a feeling of insecurity that goes along with not having secure employment or stable housing.
add climate change, pollution, deforestation, mass extinctions and a whole lot of dark, depressing ecological shit...and yeah, it's a pretty fucking crazy time to be alive.

humans have been altering the planet's ecological systems since pre-agricultural times, and downright destroying our environment since the industrial revolution.
i don't see greed, corruption or destruction as inherently, unavoidably human traits.
i see them as a result of our societies, the way we organise our resources and labour. basically - capitalism (in our current world) - or feudalism, in earlier times (royalty, aristocracy, serfs and peasants etc) or whatever power structures are based around exploitation. exploitation of other people, animals, the earth and its various resources.

our societies have grown out of these unbalanced power relationships that give influence and agency to greedy, ruthless people - and those that aren't too troubled by trashing the planet.
these societies have become enormous and complicated in the last couple of hundred years, with technology that makes our lives easier (in countless ways) but which also threatens our very survival.
it's becoming more and more apparent that we're a toxic blight on the planet (and often, one another) - but the growth and expansion of our societies (countries, cities, the massive expanses of farmlands, factories, mines etc that make 'modern society' possible) is unstoppable.

it's hard to come to terms with, and it's really difficult to see the damaging impact our societies have on the natural world - but the systems that have made these social and technological advancements possible cannot simply be stopped or changed to be more efficient.
actually - that's not true; they can be made vastly more efficient, but the political will of industry and big business is to maintain the status quo.
the wealthy and powerful are not prepared to give up their positions for the common good, because for the most part, those people are motivated by ambitions which are rather more driven by material concerns and the power/influence that comes along with wealth.

humans havent lived like this for very long, in the scheme of things - and there are plenty of people that don't live in developed societies, and aren't destroying the world.

indigenous australians, for example, lived as hunter-gatherers on the continent for something like 100,000 years before british colonisation.
that's the longest known continual human civilisation - through ice ages and massive continental changes.
because of their population size, and harmonious co-existence with the land, they were able to survive for that amount of time. the arrival of europeans absolutely ravaged their communities, cultures - and many thousands died from foreign disease, alcohol abuse and the various depravities of colonial bondage.

we are pretty fortunate to live in a time where medicine is as advanced as it is - we in the west have high life expectancy, low infant mortality, good food security and clean drinking water and sanitation.
but we are faced with the knowledge that our comforts, security and our social order are directly responsible for some pretty major environmental and human devastation.

for a lot of us, that's a pretty big burden to have been born into. "making the world a better place" is a lot harder than it seems. most of the people i know are pretty environmentally conscious - some of my close friends are extremely so - and i know people who put their bodies and freedom on the line regularly to try to stop ecologically (and socially) destructive things like deforestation or the building of new coal mines.
we all do what we can - but it still weighs on a lot of us. because it's real. we can't just switch off (with drugs, distractions, or denial) all the time. and as tough as that is, it's just a burden we all have to carry. but let's not act like it's a sign of weakness to 'give a shit'...

i think people are amazing - and utterly fucked. but i try to seek out the good when i can. for the sake of my sanity.
that's life in the modern world; deeply paradoxical.

I realized that it was utterly pointless to try and figure out, much less, debate anyone about WHAT should be done, when the real problem is WHO is doing it. Any system of government or social organization will be corrupt, unethical and a failure so long as the people making up that system are that way. It doesn't matter what you name it or how wonderfully elegant it was designed. There's a saying that goes, "if the wrong man uses the right means, the right means work in the wrong way". So however fair, just and harmonious we endeavor society and life to be, it will ultimately just be an expression of how basically flawed we are and thus, will devolve into the same mess of inequality, violence and discord we find ourselves in currently.

'Who' is doing it, indeed.

The idealist and utopian believes if he could just find a new bountiful land free of the corruptions of modernity and take the best of mankind with him to start anew then things would turn out differently. But there will never be peace until man first knows himself and all the forces that impinge upon his nature, especially the ones he can not perceive. There is no 'flaw' in our design, we just don't understand it. Nor do we want to understand it - we prefer our modern utilitarian psychological concept structures that help us continue playing games, elevate our status above the animals, and which make us such beautiful divine creatures of free will. The majority of people struggle with their basic animal nature on a daily basis, getting stuck in ruts and cycles of behavior. The rich hide theirs behind facades, the noble and virtuous behind pretense, the intellectual behind impregnable concepts, and the poor display it openly.

This is a mad house and we're not going to change it.

A lot of it has to do with Jews owning shit and people too afraid of saying what it is for fear of being called a nazi

And Jews owning things doesn't automatically equal some elaborate Zionist conspiracy.

A lot of it has to do with Jews owning shit and people too afraid of saying what it is for fear of being called a nazi

Bullshit. This conspiracy thing is literally fucking hundreds of years old and has never once been adequately demonstrated.

I think you're just a spoonfed racist who is parroting Nazi and antisemitic nonsense. Take that shit elsewhwere, they are not welcome on Bluelight. Get some original ideas :|

Seems like there is a lot of this antisemitic shit around lately, it's really getting irritating.:|

Lots of non-Jews own shit too and control people. Does that make every ethnicity who participates in that evil inferior and the cause of all the problems in the world? No, it doesn't, because the vast majority of any ethnicity of people just want to live in peace, they are good people. I've known, and know, a lot of Jewish people and they're as nice as anyone else. Nicer than many. Most people are good people, and a small minority of any group are sociopathic wealth/power hoarders. Bigotry against a race is not the answer.

The statistics are Jewish people control 90% of the media and all of the banks. Those are very big pieces to modern day soceity is all I?m sayinf

"countries" are a human construction, and no places are inherently more violent than any others.
it's a matter of resources, economics, politics, culture, history, ideology etc etc.

i think a lot of people in the west have encountered a sense of profound disillusionment because of the political turbulence we've seen in the US (trump) and UK (brexit) and the implications of those things.
a lot of people are finding it hard to eke out a living in the way their parents and grandparents (and so on) were able to, and have a feeling of insecurity that goes along with not having secure employment or stable housing.
add climate change, pollution, deforestation, mass extinctions and a whole lot of dark, depressing ecological shit...and yeah, it's a pretty fucking crazy time to be alive.

humans have been altering the planet's ecological systems since pre-agricultural times, and downright destroying our environment since the industrial revolution.
i don't see greed, corruption or destruction as inherently, unavoidably human traits.
i see them as a result of our societies, the way we organise our resources and labour. basically - capitalism (in our current world) - or feudalism, in earlier times (royalty, aristocracy, serfs and peasants etc) or whatever power structures are based around exploitation. exploitation of other people, animals, the earth and its various resources.

our societies have grown out of these unbalanced power relationships that give influence and agency to greedy, ruthless people - and those that aren't too troubled by trashing the planet.
these societies have become enormous and complicated in the last couple of hundred years, with technology that makes our lives easier (in countless ways) but which also threatens our very survival.
it's becoming more and more apparent that we're a toxic blight on the planet (and often, one another) - but the growth and expansion of our societies (countries, cities, the massive expanses of farmlands, factories, mines etc that make 'modern society' possible) is unstoppable.

it's hard to come to terms with, and it's really difficult to see the damaging impact our societies have on the natural world - but the systems that have made these social and technological advancements possible cannot simply be stopped or changed to be more efficient.
actually - that's not true; they can be made vastly more efficient, but the political will of industry and big business is to maintain the status quo.
the wealthy and powerful are not prepared to give up their positions for the common good, because for the most part, those people are motivated by ambitions which are rather more driven by material concerns and the power/influence that comes along with wealth.

humans havent lived like this for very long, in the scheme of things - and there are plenty of people that don't live in developed societies, and aren't destroying the world.

indigenous australians, for example, lived as hunter-gatherers on the continent for something like 100,000 years before british colonisation.
that's the longest known continual human civilisation - through ice ages and massive continental changes.
because of their population size, and harmonious co-existence with the land, they were able to survive for that amount of time. the arrival of europeans absolutely ravaged their communities, cultures - and many thousands died from foreign disease, alcohol abuse and the various depravities of colonial bondage.

we are pretty fortunate to live in a time where medicine is as advanced as it is - we in the west have high life expectancy, low infant mortality, good food security and clean drinking water and sanitation.
but we are faced with the knowledge that our comforts, security and our social order are directly responsible for some pretty major environmental and human devastation.

for a lot of us, that's a pretty big burden to have been born into. "making the world a better place" is a lot harder than it seems. most of the people i know are pretty environmentally conscious - some of my close friends are extremely so - and i know people who put their bodies and freedom on the line regularly to try to stop ecologically (and socially) destructive things like deforestation or the building of new coal mines.
we all do what we can - but it still weighs on a lot of us. because it's real. we can't just switch off (with drugs, distractions, or denial) all the time. and as tough as that is, it's just a burden we all have to carry. but let's not act like it's a sign of weakness to 'give a shit'...

i think people are amazing - and utterly fucked. but i try to seek out the good when i can. for the sake of my sanity.
that's life in the modern world; deeply paradoxical.

Thought you would like this video. Iceland is the most peaceful country in the world! 1 murder per year

Human beings are the absolute epitome of this wonderful, weird world. No animal is fit to tie a human shoelace, and some animals are beyond amazing.

That said, there's quite a few cunts about.

'Who' is doing it, indeed.

The idealist and utopian believes if he could just find a new bountiful land free of the corruptions of modernity and take the best of mankind with him to start anew then things would turn out differently. But there will never be peace until man first knows himself and all the forces that impinge upon his nature, especially the ones he can not perceive. There is no 'flaw' in our design, we just don't understand it. Nor do we want to understand it - we prefer our modern utilitarian psychological concept structures that help us continue playing games, elevate our status above the animals, and which make us such beautiful divine creatures of free will. The majority of people struggle with their basic animal nature on a daily basis, getting stuck in ruts and cycles of behavior. The rich hide theirs behind facades, the noble and virtuous behind pretense, the intellectual behind impregnable concepts, and the poor display it openly.

This is a mad house and we're not going to change it.

Spot on!

I feel like I?m constantly in a daily struggle with being overcome with sadness and a sense of despair with the state of our world. The biggest thing that helps me, is remembering that even though I?m only 1 person, I can make a difference.