• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Distancing Talk Thread: Swirly Congregation That's 100% Pandemic-Proof

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fortunately there is a psychedelic renaissance going on now. Research is finally unfrozen, psilocybin is in clinical trials, MDMA is soon to complete clinical trials and be used in therapy as it used to be with fantastic success. psychedelics used to be used in therapy with fantastic success too. Oregon is voting to legalize recreational mushroom use. I'm excited for that because imagine people who are sick in the mind, be it depression, anxiety, PTSD, or whatever, having their lives changed and even having the psychedelic awakening experience. The research that is being unearthed that wads suppressed/buried after they became demonized and illegalized, and also the modern research done for the last 15 years at Johns Hopkins and other institutions shows that, when psychedelics are given i n the right environment, with trained professional therapists or guides, with expectations primed and preparation made, very few people have negative experiences and the percentage of the time real, life-altering results are had is quite high. I'm excited about the future. I think a lot of people will be exposed to the psychedelic mindset and we certainly need that now more than ever.

For sure. It's on the ballot in Denver as well, I think the vote is in May. I think psychedelics are the drugs with the most widespread potential for mental illness, and research may discover structurally similar compounds which aren't psychoactive but with similar efficacy as antidepressants, which would be great for a lot of people. There's a lot of excitement with ketamine now too, but I think dissociatives are a slipperier slope. Maybe I'm just biased because I spent a couple years hooked on MXE =D. Thats the best aspect of psychedelics in my opinion, although they can be abused, they just aren't addictive in the sense that almost all other drugs are.

Yeah also with dissociatives, with chronic use of ACHs anyway, we're beginning to discover various serious organ damage problems. Using it for anesthesia once or twice in someone's life is probably really safe, but using it chronically for depression may not be. Whereas we have extremely good evidence that psychedelics are quite safe, and the vast majority of people do not seek them out or abuse them, and a single powerful experience can alter your mindset forever without further drugs. I think we should keep pursuing dissociatives for their medicinal properties and it's amazing that ketamine is being used for depression and really working for some people and I totally support it. But I think dissos also have a strong ability to deceive people. I do not think they're harmless drugs at all.

@sm

the inherent problem with capitalism is that people who have capital have the potential to make more money just because they had it in the first place. they get a share of the value actually created by labour, without having provided any value to the actual product itself. if you think, a system where a small class of wealthy individuals can freely suck in the money earned by others is a great system, I disagree. I think corporations should be inherently structured as cooperatives, where all the profits go to those people who make it work (including management).

I guess I'm saying that our version of capitalism is not necessarily representative of ideal capitalism. I mean honestly I think ideal communism is what I most think would work, but it seems less likely to be able to actually work. On the other hand, I also think any system is going to be corrupted by people who have what I consider to be a mental disorder, maybe it's sociopathy, but it drives certain people to be obsessed with power and infinite wealth. Most people would be happy to just be comfortable and provide for their families, but certain people don't stop there and commit all sorts of atrocities for more, more, more. That's the entire problem with humanity and human nature, in my opinion. It's the sociopathic power mongers. They will corrupt and ruin anything we try, eventually.

Just finished playing a show at a day festival, it went super well, great turnout, great show, I was on point, met so many people and got so many people gushing to me about my playing, I felt like a rock star to be honest with you. :)

Last edited:
I am super hammered. Went to the 'gay' districtt in my city and it was extremely fun, wish I took some amps. haven't dsanced .like that in yreears. Damn.

I'm sorry if the dconversation is serious, I mrean no disrespect nor ignorance. I am just drunk. AF.

Haha I'm rather drunk myself. Just drank some skullcap tea but I kinda want to drink another cider. Not sure if I will. Either way I don't think I'm as drunk as you because I can still type. ;)

I guess I'm saying that our version of capitalism is not necessarily representative of ideal capitalism. I mean honestly I think ideal communism is what I most think would work, but it seems less likely to be able to actually work. On the other hand, I also think any system is going to be corrupted by people who have what I consider to be a mental disorder, maybe it's sociopathy, but it drives certain people to be obsessed with power and infinite wealth. Most people would be happy to just be comfortable and provide for their families, but certain people don't stop there and commit all sorts of atrocities for more, more, more. That's the entire problem with humanity and human nature, in my opinion. It's the sociopathic power mongers. They will corrupt and ruin anything we try, eventually.

Just finished playing a show at a day festival, it went super well, great turnout, great show, I was on point, met so many people and got so many people gushing to me about my playing, I felt like a rock star to be honest with you. :)
yeah I agree with you about the sociopathy bit... orobably one reason for the failure of communist countries.

I am actually pretty much for free market, but in my opinion, a market where those with the most capital having the easiest time to set up business and the highest potential to grow even larger cannot really be called a free market..

So I'm having a pretty shit month :/ My partner of more than a year broke up with me unexpectedly a couple weeks ago, blocked me on everything, and from what I've heard from mutual friends, their mental health has been on a downward spiral ever since. They've been blowing up at old friends for innocuous comments on their Facebook posts and then blocking them, they've been having paranoid delusions about police and/or neo-Nazi groups coming after them, mutual friends have been asking me if they're okay and I have nothing to tell them. I don't even have a way of getting in touch with my ex and I live hundreds of miles away. Everything about this situation sucks.

That sucks man. It's really hard to deal with someone whose mental health is going down the drain, unfortunately.

I am actually pretty much for free market, but in my opinion, a market where those with the most capital having the easiest time to set up business and the highest potential to grow even larger cannot really be called a free market..

Well I think it's only natural that it would end up being the easiest for those with existing capital to set up businesses, simply because it takes money to do things. However when policies are made to make it harder for those with little money to do it than it needs to be, and to make it so that those with the most money hold less and less of the collective burden of society, then something is very wrong. And I also think it's absurd that the people who just use money to make money are making the most money. The people who make the most money should be those who add the most to society. If we, for example, paid teachers adequately for the incredibly important task they do, rather than paid them shit, it would attract the best and brightest and we'd have a much smarter and more informed population with greater critical thinking skills as a result.

Maybe you should check out the "economy for the common good", a movement initiated by an austrian economist.. I read his book/manifesto about it and it really resonated with me. Basically it is free market with regulatory ideas which would make it work for the common good. Should be available in english.

How's everyone doing :)?
Got back from my vacations a few days ago. It was an amazing time, I got to know the Amazon jungle, which was something I had been wanting to do for a good few years now.
It was every bit as beautiful as I thought it would be. The colors where so bright and intense, such intense greens, beautiful flowers, enormous colorful butterflies, the dense fog of the rainy afternoons, the humidity and the constant choir of birds and bugs ..! I spent around five days there, but look so forward to going back if life allows again. So grateful for this trip. The rest of my holidays I spent at the north of Per? and the south of Ecuador.

Interestingly I spent all of my vacation sober. Only had like two coffees and a little bit of alcohol three times. My girlfriend has been having issues with anxiety so she went straight edge to see how it affected her and it seems to be working. I kinda just opted out of buying weed in our trip to support her decision, even though weed in Per? is stupidly cheap compared to where I live. I had still planed to trip in the jungle and took some blotters with me, but while we were travelling there we got awful diarrhea xD. That turned me off from trying to trip, my stomach sometimes gets upset when I do. The prospect of tripping while in the jungle with the constant worry of having a nearby toilet made me op out of it. Also my girl wasn't going to partake anyway, that also made it less appealing.

Anyway, I've been drug free for 5 weeks now, which is the longest I haven't taken any drug since ... I don't know, maybe 2013?? Crazy to think. It puts some things into perspective. Honestly I don't feel particularly different, because I have never been taking drugs everyday, but I do feel slight differences in headspace and in my energy levels, but that could also be because I just arrived from an awesome trip.

Now I'm back at work again.

Hope everyone else is doing great

Sounds like a great trip, glad you're back. :) I definitely want to visit the Amazon one day.

I have not been drug free but I have stopped taking phenibut, I take gabapentin from time to time as I am still dealing with residual anxiety and lack of motivation from stepping off phenibut. Gabapentin produces much the same effect but less intensely, and it's actually even better for playing music because it's less intoxicating. So I've been taking it at shows, which I have been playing a lot more. The new band I joined is busy, next weekend we're going to West Virginia and this summer we're going to traveling for a week straight here and there and also we have a couple of festivals booked. It's very exciting, I recently bought copies on some equipment such as my double keyboard stand and a few pedals, so I don't have to totally take down my setup and reassemble it every time. I got a case for my Moog Sub-Phatty synth and as soon as the mail gets here today, all I will have to do is unplug the Moog and its pedals, stick them in the case, and go. I have all the cords in both places.

Last week my new band had organized a day festival and we ran that and played a great set and so did 2 other bands. It was really fun. :)

It's exciting to be in 2 bands, a bit busy but my other band is much slower going. We do have 3 shows booked this spring so far though, the first one is in 2 weekends. My girl is worried it will be too much for me and I'll party too hard and burn out, which is a valid concern, so I'm making sure to not do that.

Got my old account back today!!!

I'm really happy right, it's been a long time coming. Had an excellent Mescaline trip yesterday. Spent the first couple hours outdoors walking around and it was just stunning, the world looked so beautiful. After that i spent the evening with friends and went out to this Hot Pot Japanese restaurant and the food was great. All of the flavors we're amplified and it was delicious.

I spent the whole evening smiling and was able to get to sleep around 2am. The Cannabis Edible I'd eaten blended in lovely with it as well. About to head off to work in a couple hours, really enjoyed myself this week. Even having a cold didn't have effect the trip because my symptoms are very mild. Hope everyone is having a great day.

~Charlie

Fuck yeah man nice to see you back with an old-school join date, Crew status and a much heftier post count. :)

I must admit I felt like something today and took a combination of proscaline and AMT and it's coming into its own around now and I, too, am smiling. :)

I found like a gram of AMT I forgot I had, in 2 batches, the white succinate and the brown HCl that is probably somewhat degraded but it still feels nice to me. :)

Eating on mescaline is wonderful. Soon I hope to have a nice supply of cactus so I can revisit that wonderful stuff. I've actually only had mescaline maybe 6 times? I'm excited to explore it more.

That sounds like a great combo man and I'm sure you'll have an amazing trip. I've always loved mixing Phenethylamines and Tryptamines together, it really takes it up a notch to a place unlike no other. I've never had the chance to try AMT but I've always wanted to. I'd probably plug it and start with a small dose to feel it out. It's one of those compounds that have been eluding me. Did see it available from one of my old vendors back in '08 but opted for 4-AcO-DMT because it was at the top of my list back im those days and still a compound I hold close to my heart.

I've planned on deeply exploring Mescaline myself this year. It's one of the best drugs I've taken in my life and have sampled many...

Trying to convince my girlfriend to take some with me soon bit she is nervous. Sge is opening up to the idea more now and takes mushrooms with me frequently. Once the Spring is officially here I'm gonna plan a day where we picnic at the park and I will give it to her for the first time. The place is enormous and we will have a blanket and our on little spot for the day, go for walks. It's gonna be magical.

AMT is kind of like mescaline, but different, more manic and less centered, more intoxicated.But similar in many ways. It's kind of like a much chiller, very drawn out MDMA-like thing with a low dose of LSD mixed in. Definitely empathogenic but in a more direct and overt way than mescaline is. Probably more similar when you add proscaline, but to be honest it's hard to tell they just totally blended and it feels more or less like AMT. It's one of my favorite drugs, very nice, lovely, loving, social. Not stimulating really either, other than it will keep you awake for a long time. It gives me some restless limb energy but it feels really good and makes me want to squirm. But when I do fall asleep the next morning my girl will tell me I was squirming all night and talking in my sleep and stuff.

I think my girl would love mescaline... sadly it would probably fuck her stomach up, she has stomach issues. Maybe I can make a good extract and she can try it.

Got my old account back today!!!

~Charlie

I think the VA is calling! Jk man, I look up to you guys that have been around here for so long. Living proof that you can balance a psychedelia lifestyle with the existentiality we're all perfused in. While I can't admit to having imbibed any exotic psychedelic cocktails, I have had a few beers so I'm feeling alright (not much of a drinker!). Good news today, I'm getting financial aid so I finally have eluded the financial crisis that has bedeviled my reentrance into academia.

Btw, SM, how is that succinate aMT?? I had some from the Iberian peninsula but I gave it away to some random when I downgraded my psychedelic collection. Was always suspicious that getting the dose right would be tricky with that salt (kind of like the contrast between succinate and fumarate 6-APB).

It's great, but I figure it to be a little over 60% as potent so just account for that. It's very stable, doesn't smell much, and tastes a lot better than freebase or HCl. I wish so much I had known they'd suddenly stop, it was so cheap, I could have easily gotten a lifetime supply. It's hands down my favorite festival drug.

But yes thank you. It's true that you can balance a psychedelic lifestyle with a normal life and with success. A lot of us from the old glory days (2006-2008 I'd say but spring/summer 2016 was the PD Summer of Love) succumbed to opiates and stuff but I climbed back, so has Charlie, and some others. :)

Man it's been a great ride. PD is the place. Guys, we did it!! =D

Just don't get stuck in a time loop with ketamine. ;)

It's great, but I figure it to be a little over 60% as potent so just account for that.

There we go.

Been here since Fall 2014, "MXE is the second Acid Revolution" Flex! But forreals, I love you guys that are still standing (and pour out some liquor for the fallin' homies) and keep it going, so 20 years from now, we'll really be able to say we did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.