to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

RIP Laika

aaaaand some very elementary thinking from the lil fella

rip laiki

I'm really shocked. Such a top bloke. He will be missed. :(

Rip friend <3

Let's everyone move on.

He was a great mod of NEMD. Before my tenure but i remember him being really active. The forum was much busier. I might search for some of his posts.

He also provided me with my first proper blast off
Then I passed out in his kitchen in front of his mom I think lol, special times.

He asked me to mod nemd with him and for a few years it was great bs'ing about music and internet all the time because we had so much in common

I've had a few good internet friends but none as close as him
I'm gonna miss Dan a whole lot.
Rip ❤

Do we know what kind of surgery it was?

complications due to weight during surgery is what i heard ... he didn't hold fitness in high regard only intellect . picked the wrong side IME

complications due to weight during surgery is what i heard ... he didn't hold fitness in high regard only intellect . picked the wrong side IME

You'd think they would consider something like when doing the initial consultation for the surgery.

Every time I check in here there?s a new tombstone being written up. Is it really that hard to just not die so young.
Laika was one of the good ones ��

Blood clot from a hernia surgery... what the fuck. Sometimes the world isn't fair. Somehow the random nature of this makes it seem even more tragic to me than if it had been drugs (which is what we all probably initially expect it to be around these parts). I was stunned all day yesterday and I'm still stunned today. I never met Laika in real life but it was going to happen eventually, and I knew him a long time on here.

This is one of the bad ones for me... I called a mutual friend of ours (who was much closer friends with him than I) and told him the news yesterday after I heard. I've never had to be the bearer of bad news like that before, it was intense.

RIP Dan :( <3

It is very much true unfortunately :( he was my fianc? of 8 years and we met on Bluelight in the lounge thread: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/449436-Someone-IM-me-I-feel-like-chattin-P

I was very high on the research chemical mephedrone and he drove from NJ to PA to party with me.

I will miss him more than I can relay and I would love to talk about how amazing he was because he truly was so great. Maybe sometime soon I will have the ability to do so.

I will post info about his funeral arrangements soon.

He and I actually went on stage with the band and acted out a scene one time but hey never used his art.

Not complications due to weight. He woke up they extubated him he moved himself from the OR table to the moving gurney and he jokes with the surgeon for a second and then told them he was light headed and then he coded. I heard it on the loud speaker "code blue to OR" as I was in the OR waiting room. I freaked out called my parents because I knew it was him and they tried to calm me. 50 minutes passed and I was starting to calm down but was still pacing the hallways. A doctor and 2 other people stopped me and asked if I was his family and I said yes. I backed up a couple feet and asked if he was dead and they said no he was not in a good way. They had been working on him for 50 minutes and they wanted to take me into the room and asked if I could handle it. I said I could and they put a net on my hair and I dropped my bag outside and I went inside and they were pumping on his chest. A nurse held my side and asked me if I wanted them to continue, me probably wouldn't have any brain function, but I honestly couldn't physically say to end his life so I told them to continue. They told me FL law states they can work for 1 hour and then must stop and they asked if I wanted the last 10 minutes and I said yes. Unfortunately they didn't do anythibg either.the umbilical hernia was a success I saw it when they let me be alone in the room with him. He threw a blood clot and arrested.

thats fucking brutal. proof that there is no god.

we're all here for you, if there's anything we can do <3