Sneaky- Saturday June 21~ Amazura Ball Room (WHY?!?)

Dazzle

Bluelighter
Sneaky- Saturday June 21~ Amazura Ball Room Queens NYC (WHY?!?)

Saturday June 21, 2003
Funky Element Productions & Recordings Presents
SNEAKY

Funky Element Productions & Recordings invites you to join us and bring in the summer with a Bang Bang Bang! Come celebrate the first day of summer with the Funk EL - We have brought you some of the best talent from the US and around the globe, combined with top notch production that you have been waiting for and deserve, synonymous with the name Funky Element. International acclaimed artists playing on the world class premier "Turbo" sound system (www.turbosound.com) as herd in Rockefeller Center. Insane lasers, visuals and projections that will for sure stimulate your mind body and your soul. All this combined of course with the MANY "Sneaky" surprises and tons of free giveaways we have in store for you on this long anticipated night. QUALITY NOT QUANITY that will be talked about during the hot summer days & nights to come. How appropriate to bring in the summer of 2003 proper with this top notch event @ Queens very own sneeky megaspot, the all newly renovated, reguvinated Amazura Ballroom. Under 100% new management. NO OLD AMAZURA SECURITY, FUNKY ELEMENT WILL BE PROVIDING THERE OWN SECURITY FOR THIS EVENT. Our friends and family from the Northeast and the entire US, Funky Element brings this all to you, and invites you to get "Sneaky" in New York with us one more time. We are gonna show the masses how we do it up proper. Let's all come together, turn heads and make history as we get down, dirty and "Sneaky" NYC Underground Style Baby!

YOUR SNEAKY SELECTAS, PERFORMING ON 2 STAGES:

-Main Sneaky Stage-

UBERZONE * LIVE
*Official NYC release party for "Uberzone: The Digital Mix" now available on Moonshine Music * CD Give aways
(Moonshine, LA)

DJ HARDWARE
*Official NYC release party for "DJ Hardware: Psychotrance 2004" now available on Moonshine Music * CD Give aways
(Moonshine, Pure Music, P.O.D., EssentialGroove.com, AmpedRecords.com, www.djhardware.com, FL)

BABY ANNE
*Official NYC release party for "Babie Anne: IM About To Break" now available on Moonshine Music * CD Give aways
(Zone Records, Moonshine Records, FL)

HOUSE O'HOLICS
* On 4 Decks*
*Official NYC release party for "House O'Holics: The History of Hard House" available on Surge Records and Moonshine Music * CD Give aways
(Waxworks, UC Music, Contagious, LA)

BAM BAM
*Official NYC release party for "BAM BAM: Do You Like it Hard?" available on Topaz Records * CD Giveaways
(Contaminated Records, Jackstar, Topaz Records, Chicago)

ADAM X
(Sonic Groove, www.sonicgroove.com, NY)

DJ DELIRIUM
*Official NYC release party for "DJ Delirium: Dedicated To The Core!" available on Encore Records * CD Giveaways
(Versatile Groove, www.djdelirium.com, Encore Records, Psychotic Records, MegaRave, Masters of Hardcore, Holland)

X-DREAM
(Topaz, Caffeine, CFN, Stimuli, Stuck On Earth, www.djxdream.com, NY)

KNOWLEDGE
*Official NYC release party for "Knowledge: Live At Boo 7" Giveaways from Columns of Knowledge Recordings * CD & Vinyl Give aways
(www.columnsofknowledge.com, Columns of Knowledge Recordings, CT)

CHRIS LOVE
(Stuck on earth, TreeHouse Recordings, NY)

DJ DANK
*Official NYC release party for "DJ DANK: Midnight Toker" available on Funky Element Recordings * CD Give aways
(Funky Element, www.funkyelement.com, Ravers Only,
www.dj-dank.com, NY)

-Upper Sneaky Stage-

J MAJIK
(Infared records, www.infaredrecords.co.uk, UK)

TECHNICAL ITCH
(Tech Itch Recordings, Penetration Records, www.techitch.com, Bristol, UK)

ODI
(Koncrete Jungle, NY)

DATCYDE
(Taciturn Records, NY)

LINK
(Response, Drum N Breaks, NY)

KRAZYGLUE & SHANE
(Drum N Breaks, www.drumnbreaks.com, NY)

SKOPE & IMPACT & HEXXUS
(Funky Element, www.funkyelement.com, NY)

DJ PAULY
*Official NYC release party for "Frankie Bones & DJ Pauly: DJs United For America" available on Eastbound Recordings * CD Give aways
(Sympty, East Music, NJ)

MYTH I-S
(Cousins productions, DPIM, NY, Liquid Fire NY)

CRAIG HARRIS
(Cousins productions, NY)

DRAE 192
(Break Junkiez, NY)

JOE JACK
(Funky Element, www.funkyelement.com, www.djjoejack.com, NY)

DJ PHRITZ
*Official NYC release party for "DJ Phritz: Echoes of Trance" available on Hysterik * CD Give aways
(Hysterik, Digital Entrapment, Groove Network, Ravers Only, www.djphritz.com, NY)

J. COSTAS & GOODFELLA
(Groove Network, Liquid Fire www.liquidfireny.com, Mars graf-x, www.groovenetwork.net.com, NY)

HOWHARD
(Hardmind Productions, Ravers Only, groovenetwork)

WWW.FUNKYELEMENT.COM

8:00 PM - 6:00 AM

18 to enter 21 to drink

Advance tickets:
Will be $30
MORE AT THE DOOR

www.spinfoil.com
www.ticketweb.com
charge by phone: 1.866.468.7619

NEW YORK//
Sonic Groove 212-675-5284
Satellite Records 212-995-1744
Breakbeat Science 212-995-2592

LONG ISLAND//
East West 631-451-0034
Funtazia 516-520-0090

UPSTATE//
EGO 518-434-4131

NEW JERSEY//
Cafe Sounds 973-509-2233
VIP Records 732-866-9984

PHILLY//
611 Records 215-413-3150

CONNECTICUT//
Spiritual Emporium 860-524-9719

MASSACHUSETTS//
Satellite 617-536-5482
Growroom 413-549-929

Amazura Ball Room : 91-12 144th pl, Jamaica, Queens 11435
www.amazura.com
718-298-6760

NEW GATED SMOKING AREA
PRIVATE FUNKY ELEMENT SECURITY

Directions:
BY SUBWAY: TAKE THE E,J,Z SUBWAY LINE TO SUTPHIN BLVD STATION. WALK DOWN ARCHER AVE., TO 144TH PLACE.
MAKE A RIGHT AND AMAZURA IS AT THE END OF THE STREET.

L.I.R.R.: FROM ALL POINTS (EAST OR WEST) TAKE THE TRAIN TO JAMAICA STATION. WALK DOWN ARCHER AVE. TO
144TH PLACE. MAKE A RIGHT TO AMAZURA.

MANHATTAN: QUEENS BOROUGH BRIDGE/59TH ST. BRIDGE TO L.I.E. TO GRAND CENTRAL PKWY EAST TO VAN WYCK
EXPWY SOUTH, TO HILLSIDE/JAMAICA AVE. EXIT. TRAVEL ON SERVICE ROAD TO JAMAICA AVE. AND MAKE A LEFT
GO STRAIGHT TO 144TH PLACE, MAKE A RIGHT AND AMAZURA IS AT THE END OF THE STREET.

BROOKLYN/STATEN ISLAND: BELT PKWY TO VAN WYCK EXPWY TOWARDS WHITESTONE BRIDGE. EXIT ON ATLANTIC
AVE. TRAVEL ON THE SERVICE ROAD TO JAMAICA AVE. TAKE JAMAICA AVE., GO STRAIGHT TO 144TH PLACE,

FROM STATEN ISLAND: TAKE VERRAZANO BRIDGE TO THE BELT PKWY TO VAN WYCK EXPWY TOWARDS WHITE-
STONE BRIDGE. EXIT ON ATLANTIC AVE. TRAVEL ON THE SERVICE ROAD TO JAMAICA AVE. MAKE A RIGHT, TAKE
JAMAICA AVE. STRAIGHT TO 144TH PLACE, MAKE A RIGHT AND AMAZURA IS AT THE END OF THE STREET.

BRONX/WESTCHESTER: WHITESTONE BRIDGE TO WHITESTONE EXPWY TO VAN WYCK EXPWY TO JAMAICA/HILLSIDE
AVE EXIT. TRAVEL ON SERVICE ROAD TO JAMAICA AVE AND MAKE A LEFT GO STRAIGHT TO 144TH PLACE, MAKE A
RIGHT AND AMAZURA IS AT THE END OF THE STREET.

LONG ISLAND: L.I.E. TO VAN WYCK EXPWY SOUTH (KENNEDY AIRPORT) TO HILLSIDE/JAMAICA AVE EXIT. TRAVEL
ON SERVICE ROAD TO JAMAICA AVE AND MAKE A LEFT, GO STRAIGHT TO 144TH PLACE, MAKE A RIGHT AND AMA-
ZURA IS AT THE END OF THE STREET.

NEW JERSEY/PENNSYLVANIA & ALL POINTS SOUTH: TAKE NJ TURNPIKE TO GEORGE WASHINGTON BRIDGE TO
CROSS BRONX EXPWY TO WHITESTONE BRIDGE TO WHITESTONE EXPWY TO VAN WYCK EXPWY TO JAMAICA/
HILLSIDE AVE EXIT TRAVEL ON SERVICE ROAD TO JAMAICA AVE AND MAKE A LEFT GO STRAIGHT TO 144TH PLACE,

FROM CONNECTICUT: AND ALL POINTS NORTH: TAKE THE NEW ENGLAND THRUWAY TO THROGS NECK BRIDGE TO
CROSS ISLAND EXPWY HEADING TOWARDS THE WHITESTONE EXPWY TO VAN WYCK EXPWY TO JAMAICA/HILLSIDE
AVE. EXIT. TRAVEL ON SERVICE ROAD TO JAMAICA AVE AND MAKE A LEFT GO STRAIGHT TO 144TH PLACE, MAKE A
RIGHT AND AMAZURA IS AT THE END OF THE STREET.

Last edited:
Yes, I'm replying to my own thread...

I'd pay $30 for this lineup... damn it's at the Amazura Ball Room. I personally haven't set foot in there in years. I mean it was soo bad I can't even begin.

Anybody got something nice to say about it recently?

I'll post as many of the line up times as I can smooze out of DJ Dank since people are always saying NY doesn't post their line up times:

Main Sneaky Stage:

8:00 - 9:00 Chris Love & Drae 192
9:00 - 10:00 Knowledge
10:00 - 11:00 Delirium
11:00 - 12:00 Adam X
12:00 - 1:00 Babie Anne
1:00 - 2:00 Hardware
2:00 - 3:00 Uberzone * live
3:00 - 4:00 House O' Holics
4:00 - 5:00 Bam Bam
5:00 - 6:00 X-Dream

Upper Sneaky Room:

8:00 - 8:30 Howhard
8:30 - 9:15 J.Costas & Goodfella
9:15 - 10:15 Joe Jack & Phritz
10:15 - 11:00 Craig Harris
11:00 - 12:00 Myth i-s
12:00 - 1:00 Datcyde
1:00 - 2:00 J-Majik
2:00 - 3:00 Technical Itch
3:00 - 4:00 Odi
4:00 - 5:00 Link
5:00 - 6:00 Krazyglue & Shane

Hope to see you there... like it sais, turbo sound in both upstairs n main stage, pawn laser, 3 visual projection screens AND PRIVATE FUNKY ELEMENT SECURITY :)
speak to you soon-

Funky Element Productions & Recordings NY
www.funkyelement.com
www.dj-dank.com

I'm really diggin the lineup... shit... they are promising their own private security team, but I've heard that all before.
:(

Last edited:
this is a really good line up... i'm going to seriously consider going to this one.

about the amazura... a lot of people have serious problems with the security there, but i personally don't. yeah, they're a little rough on some people, but the only people i've seen them drag off to the secret back room were dealers. so, i feel that as long as you're not selling at this party, you won't have to deal with issues with the security there.

generally, i do like the venue. i've never seen it packed and overcrowded. the jungle room is a little too small and hot, but we're used to those conditions, huh? ;)

eh, the amazura keeps me away from this, that and the fact that craze is spinning at the asylum with dieselboy, db, and dara the same night.

and another quote from Dank who is throwing the party regarding security and the ability to refill your water in the bathroom:
"im throwing this party... i can 100% confirm to you what has been agreed upon by all parties involved including owners of the venue, and the private security team that i am bringin in that i have used in the past... water WILL be flowin like a mo fo in the bathrooms, and you WILL be able to fill up your water bottles if needed. and you can quote me on that---

so I did...

i dunno... his personal responses and assurances regarding security have me sold. He's gone out of his way to answer every question I've had, and I just have a good feeling about this party.

I'm gonna go.

Adam X then Baby Anne then dj Hardware back to back to back, (oh that is SO NICE), that would be hot, but I proberly be @ the Asylum that night too
who knows, my plans may change to this

Maui2k said:
the fact that craze is spinning at the asylum with dieselboy, db, and dara the same night.

^^that sounds better much than this. we'll see how the money situation is then, but i think i just changed my mind.

gmni13: do i hear road trip?!?!

line up looks phat, and it is my birthday so...anyone have any positive comments on venue?

I've never been to the Amazura.. i've heard its a cool place, but shady...

This line up is pretty nasty.. i'd also pay the 30 for this.. However, the line-up at Tables Turn 2k2 at the Asylum is also really nasty and a lot closer and less shady... In conclusion... To the Asylum... again. 8(

I hate Amazura, and after Fuck the Prejudice, I swore that I would never step foot in there again. BUT... if Uberzone and House-o-holics are spinning, I have to be there, and I only live 20 min. from there.

i hate amazura... uberzone and house-o-holics almost made me think about it=--and tech itch fuckin rox but.... tables turn has a much beter lineup, and you can smoke in mass... so those things alone are reason enuff to say fuck this party.

sugafist said:
Adam X then Baby Anne then dj Hardware back to back to back, (oh that is SO NICE), that would be hot, but I proberly be @ the Asylum that night too
who knows, my plans may change to this

bitch--you decide to go to this instead of tables turn im apt to kiiiiiick your black ass all the way to mexico. ;) xox

^^^^^^, grrrrrrrr, spoken with allot of fire & attitude.
I LIKE, I LIKE!! :)
I will try not to disappoint, Tables Turn is where I'm at
yeah, anyway I'll be hearing Adam X on the 31st before this

Shit, I didn't even see tech itch on the line-up at first. Now I'm definitely going. Maybe if I get drunk enough I'll forget that I'm at the Amazura:\?

FUCK. I just saw that uberzone and tech itch are on at the same time. Now I'm gonna have to be running up and down the stairs fro an hour8(.

^^^^^^ (hahhahahaha, I complete agree), I've done that before, running back & forth to try and catch 2 of my favorite acts that were on at the same time.

Cass:
1. Get out of my thread Lil Ms. Jaded... go on to Tables Turn 2k2 and don't let the door hit ya on the way out! :p
2. Not a *one* of the Amazura Security will be on staff for this party. Don't expect a smooth ride if you're acting retarded, but if you're responsible you will not have an issue with the security. And there is a NEW GATED SMOKING AREA.
3. If you end up being right, and security is shady ... you have my consent to bitch slap me... hell, even to Mexico if your up for it.
4. I dunno, but I still feel like goin on so :p

I'm going to edit this... I can't make personal assurances because when it comes down to it, I'm not involved in throwing this party. I just know, this is *not* a shady crew, and they're committed to ejecting shade from this venue. If anyone has an issue or a question that needs to be addressed about this event, speak up. I'll either find out, or ill ask him join the board to respond.

Last edited: