• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Dear Santa,

Jail is actually the last place I read anything productive lol, hospital before that.

There's snow forecast during the time I'm in Tennessee. If life gives you lemons, make lemonade. If there's snow forecast in Nashville, there will likely be substantial snow at elevation at Fall Creek Falls. If Hanukkah Harry or Santa doesn't bring me snowshoes, I'll treat myself to a pair from REI and go snowshoe hiking.

^^^^^ there ya go. Sometimes we gotta be our own Santa .

I almost Santa 'd myself today but the potential gift is soooooo embarrassing I probably won't tell you guys what it was.

If it's still there after I'm done with my Christmas spending, trucks outta the shop n January rent paid then I will Santa Myself that item.
Hint : it's literature.

I wonder if there IS a tweaker mechanic in my town ??
I've lived here going on 5 yrs and I barely know anyone . Pretty dry town from what I hear but then again I've never actually asked around

Ime there's meth literally everywhere lol. And quite a lot of mechanics are tweakers

Well. I dont want any so it really doesn't affect me. But now it makes sense why Labor is damn near $100/hour.
Lol

There used to be a shop down here, that was open literally 24/7. Those guys were fucking tweaked. Owner got murdered over dope. Surprise surprise

(Believe my post disappeared. I lost signal there for a min )

But I was saying ya live by the sword, you might die by the sword. Hazards of the Game n all that.
Damn we do dangerous things .

Your tellin me lol. Not sure how I'm still breathing. I think the devil don't wanna deal with me

Well when i get back I'm kicking that damn gate down, and taking my throne

I contacted St Judes and they sent me info- Its inexpensive and you have to be detoxed first. They are affiliated w a place in Arizona that does an IV detox which apparently is much more comfortable than traditional oral comfort meds.

I have to write an essay to try to get a scholarship. Please Santa make the executive board have mercy on my tortured soul.

As far as reading in jail---when I was detained at probabation and put in jail for 6.5 mos- somehow my handbag w my glasses in it never made it to the jail. So I couldnt read anything. That sucked. They held my handbag "for evidence"

Ridiculous. It had makeup, mints, a pen, my wallet and glasses in it. Oh and 2 packs of unopened cigarettes-which they took. I had to fight w them for months to get my handbag--I loved the handbag itself. Good times.

And probabation kept my newly filled Lyrica Rx-which conveniently wasnt logged on the item sheet.

Well when i get back I'm kicking that damn gate down, and taking my throne
They kicked me out for pissing on the fire.

10YearsGone said:
And probabation kept my newly filled Lyrica Rx-which conveniently wasnt logged on the item sheet.

Ouch! Lyrica is expensive.

I hope your essay is successful. Treatment of any sort is pricey. One of the reasons I don't want to contemplate going back to treatment is my mother talks out her ass. She told me several years ago to find a place I wanted to go and she would pay for it no strings attached. I told her I found a place (I was still in VT at the time) in western Connecticut called High Watch Farm and that they did not take insurance but it was relatively inexpensive as far as rehabs go at $8000 for 28 days. Her response was, "Do you think I'm made of money?" There's no reason to think she won't pull the same shit again so rather than finding a place I want to go and getting my hopes up, I'm just putting the idea of treatment out of my mind. I'm back to seeing my own therapist since I had to quit IOP. He has no personal experience with addiction but he's a former Franciscan monk and is one of the most compassionate persons I've ever met, plus he has his practice in my psych doc's office so they use the same chart, so it's all good. And I hate to say it but most therapists I've had that are recovering addicts/alcoholics themselves have sucked.

I wish we could both go to St Judes aih.

It really does sound amazing doesnt it? And aih, I need to get the fuck out of here for awhile. Meaning away from my husband and just everything. I feel like Im losing my mind.

Thankyou for the support aih. Hope you're well. I really REALLY fucked up when I came back from Florida. The Franciscan monk sounds cool.

10YearsGone said:
I need to get the fuck out of here for awhile.

That's what makes the idea of treatment so attractive. It's not "getting treatment," it's getting away. You're fed, you don't have to worry about shopping and preparing you're own meals and you're away from the daily stressors of life in general. I looked at the "tour our retreats" photo gallery and it looks like it would be worth going for the meals alone. Seriously, it looks like a meal from a Michelin starred restaurant!

Seems odd to me though that they're partnered with a detox in Arizona. Seems like they could find a place closer to their own location.

Last edited: