• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Dear Santa,

Runningfox

Bluelighter
It's that time of year ....

If a fat man in a red suit showed up on your rooftop, offering One Gift (to you and you only) from his magic sleigh, WHAT ITEM would you ask for?

*** Stipulations :
* it's just for You

* it must be a tangible item ( not an ideal or subjunctive situation like "world peace")

* it cannot be a Person

*no substitutions, refunds or exchanges

I'll go first.
Dear Santa,
Gimme that hot -off-the-press new James Rollins hardcover "The Demon Crown".

Go!

A plane ticket to chitown.
Would've been a truck load of dope last year. How far I've come

****clapping enthusiastically ****

I can't remember what I wanted last year. Wait -- yes i can. It was a DVD and I asked for it & I got it.

Lol I kind of got the truck load of dope too. Just took about 6 months

Delivered in installments
Like a coin collection or Fruit of The Month Club

Lol I think it was because Santa was a little disturbed by the psychotic tweaker, he made his dope elves do it

Santa has a magical sleigh.
Santa doesn't have dope elves.
I think it's in the Bible .

Ohhhhhh dear
I just NOW discovered they have the same letters only transposed. Ohhhhhh they both wear RED.

Explains the hell hound I got when I was 5. Asked for a puppy

The ability to go to St Judes Retreat in Albany -after getting the 2wk IV detox in Arizona. In short-lasting sobriety. Thankyou Santa.

Just googled St. Jude's Retreat. Sounds fantastic. If I still lived in VT I'd be totally into it. My mother's pushing me to go back to treatment and just when I start thinking it's a good idea, I remember how 90% of it is just painfully boring.

Last edited:
Just googled St. Jude's Retreat. Sounds fantastic. If I still lived in VT I'd be totally into it. My mother's pushing me to go back to treatment and just when I start thinking it's a good idea, I remember how 90% of it is just painfully boring.

I hear you. I was bound and determined to ride my bupe withdrawal out at home. After a couple of weeks with no sleep and all those other symptoms we know so well, I was having second thoughts though. My wife was determined to keep me from getting caught up in "the system". She thinks she understands addiction and withdrawal but my opinion is if you've never had the direct experience, you don't really get it. Kinda like if you've never done acid, no words can really articulate it properly. She probably thought "oh he's just got something like man flu", lol.

So my fellow floridian, what do you think of John Morgan's chances of being elected governor? I think the idea of running as an independent is good. Too much stigma being a democrat these days, don't you think?

Best of luck with whatever you decide to do.

I hear you. I was bound and determined to ride my bupe withdrawal out at home. After a couple of weeks with no sleep and all those other symptoms we know so well, I was having second thoughts though. My wife was determined to keep me from getting caught up in "the system". She thinks she understands addiction and withdrawal but my opinion is if you've never had the direct experience, you don't really get it. Kinda like if you've never done acid, no words can really articulate it properly. She probably thought "oh he's just got something like man flu", lol.

So my fellow floridian, what do you think of John Morgan's chances of being elected governor? I think the idea of running as an independent is good. Too much stigma being a democrat these days, don't you think?

Best of luck with whatever you decide to do.
I am not a John Morgan fan. He's a raging alcoholic and has way too many skeletons in his closet. I am waiting for Gwen Graham (daughter of Bob and former US Rep) to announce. I think she would be the best chance Democrats have. I don't think there's any stigma to being a Dem after what happened in VA and AL.

I didn't go back to medical detox at the psych hospital I've been to before because once you're admitted there are just way too many hoops to jump through to be discharged (they really try to strong-arm you into residential treatment somewhere) so I know where you're coming from. I ended up doing an outpatient detox via my local hospital.

So this post isn't completely irrelevant, I want Santa to bring Tennessee good weather on Dec. 30 because I don't have to work remotely that day and am planning to go hiking in the Cumberland Mountains at Fall Creek Falls State Park which has the highest waterfall east of the Mississippi River at 256 feet.

Last edited:
That's a great park.
Hell maybe I want a ride to Tennessee

I am not a John Morgan fan. He's a raging alcoholic and has way too many skeletons in his closet. I am waiting for Gwen Graham (daughter of Bob and former US Rep) to announce. I think she would be the best chance Democrats have. I don't think there's any stigma to being a Dem after what happened in VA and AL.

I didn't go back to medical detox at the psych hospital I've been to before because once you're admitted there are just way too many hoops to jump through to be discharged so I know where you're coming from. I ended up doing an outpatient detox via my local hospital.

Good to know about Morgan.

Okay, I misunderstood about the detox. An outpatient deal sounds much better. Looks like St. Jude's is non 12-step based for whatever that's worth. I'm not particularly religious although I do my best to attend to my limited spirituality, but that old adage "god works in mysterious ways" seems to come into play for me sometimes. When I was in rehab up in Jax, my health insurance company coincidentally called the inpatient rehab doctor exactly when I was having my brief consultation with him. I talked loud enough for them to hear that I wanted the money faucet for this situation to be cut off. I don't know that it influenced any decisions but I was free a few days later.

That's why God createdLiterature.
Bring some good books with ya.
Some of the best books I ever read, I read in Treatment Jail or Hospital

That's why God createdLiterature.
Bring some good books with ya.
Some of the best books I ever read, I read in Treatment Jail or Hospital
I agree. I read some really good paperbacks in jail and treatment. Unfortunately, one of the places my mother is pushing does not allow any reading material other than AA/NA or spiritual (i.e. the Bible) literature. And no matter where you go, you can't read a book or play with your phone while you're having to listen to some other person to whom you wish you could say, "just shut the fuck up." Then there's the added issue that most rehabs will not allow controlled medications to be dispensed which comes as an unpleasant surprise. The last place I went near Orlando, the psych doc was not particularly happy about continuing me on Ativan but he didn't cut me off either. No I don't think I'll do residential again. There's plenty of people who managed to get sober and stay sober by working a good program. I was one of them and there's no reason I can't be again.

These are great wishes, folks.

And nobody Has To be religious to enjoy the holidays or to be able to adhere to 12step philosophy I don't think. Ya simply replace the term "God " with the expression "The Universe " . It works real well for me when talkin to folks who don't particularly identify with any Religious Dogma

*** Santa just granted a wish for me! I was whining about No Chocolate In the House and my husband suddenly produced a box of Russel Stover. Yummmmm !