View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Recently had a seizure and considering taking lsd

Hellothere33

Greenlighter
Hey so a few weeks ago I had my first ever seizure was a gran mal, was induced by dehydration and alcohol, cat scan showed nothing and blood tests were all clean, I had an eeg done and the neurologist said it was abnormal. I haven’t heard anything else about it he said he would speak to me when I next saw him, I was considering taking lsd this weekend am I at risk of having another seizure or is it an extremely low chance. I’m not on any epilepsy meds or any meds in general and have used lsd before a few times. An abnormal eeg could still be epilepsy but epilepsy would have come up in a cat scan right, the abnormal eeg scan could be a tumor or infection. Thank you any help appreciated

It's definitely not a low chance to have a seizure when taking lsd with abnormal brain activity. I'd say even more likely than taking stimulants(as far as the little anxiety inducing ones, like amphetamine and meth, not methylphenidate mdpv apvp.. you get the idea). please don't. the idea of seizures scare me. I don't get how you aren't more concerned

Don't put anything into your body right now but good healthy food. Work with the doctors--if they don't call you, you call them. That is a serious situation and you should be giving your brain all your best physical practices right now: good food, exercise and good sleep.

Alcohol is one of the major causes of seizures, first thing you need to do is stop drinking altogether, at least for a few months, no exceptions.
You also need to avoid sleep deprivation as that is another major cause.
Do not start to use benzodiazepines to sleep, as when quitting those meds your risk for seizures skirockets.
Avoid being hungry and dehydrated as well, and if you get a fever keep it down as much as possible.
All these things that I listed are more likely to cause a seizure than LSD, and although it would be safer if you abstained from drugs for a few months, as long as none of the above applies and you only take one blotter your risk to have another episode is not too high.

Mind you, I'm not encouraging anybody to take LSD when at risk of seizures, I'm just trying to give harm reduction suggestions rather than just saying don't use, which is not very helpful for those that do choose to take LSD anyway.

I'd worry first about this "abnormal EEG" of yours. For one thing, I don't think that's standard ER procedure for seizure after just drinking on a hot day. They'll do a CT scan just to make sure you didn't crack your skull or there isn't any bleeding or a big tumor--it can't tell you one way or another about epilepsy.

There had to be a reason to hook you up to an EEG, and having it come back "abnormal" sounds more like Jennifer Lopez is chasing Vincent Donofrio through your subconscious full of bad modern art museum sculpture.

If you just had a heat stroke and been healthy since, I wouldn't worry about taking any LSD. If your seizure was due to alcohol w/d, the doctors wouldn't have let you go without some counseling and a benzo script (in which case, give it like another month at least). LSD is somewhat stimulating; probably fine, but you don't want to fuck around with seizures.

If you really have an abnormal EEG, I'd be calling your doc to ask WTF before I'd take anything harder than some Motrin.