• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Cocaine Nasal spray - Conservatives for storage

endomike

Greenlighter
I've been experimenting recently with a cocaine nasal solution.I have a good bottle that delivers the equal of 1.8-2 drops of water in each spray as fine mist.I've used it twice with good results but there is a problem:

I use 0.4grams of the purest cocaine in 1.5ml of water (18 drops of preboiled water + 4 drops of vodka), that gives me 20-25mg per spray, 40-50mg per dosage.The volume of the spray does not allow 2 sprays in each nostril because it starts to drip down my nose and down my throat, so a part gets wasted.With only 1.5ml water inside the bottle I get not full, unequal sprays most times.What I need is to be able to put 1.5grams of cocaine (for 4 nights) and 6ml water.That way I should only have this problem when I'm down to the last 1.5ml.
Cocaine loses potency when in solution and I will need it stable for about 2 months.I have access to a pharmaceutical lab so I should be able to get any ordinary conservative that suits the need.

So, does anyone familiar with the cocaine chemistry know what would be a suitable conservative for such use?
I have some other fixes in mind, that would improve a bit the current situation, but the best solution would be to make the cocaine stable in solution.

Unfortunately cocaine is an ester, it's unstable when in solution and there's not much you can do to fix that, maybe keep the pH near 7 but even then it's going to hydrolise eventually.

Unfortunately cocaine is an ester, it's unstable when in solution and there's not much you can do to fix that, maybe keep the pH near 7 but even then it's going to hydrolise eventually.

I've read that again but the reason I think it might be possible is because pharmaceutical cocaine comes in solution, in dropper bottle.Also a vendor in DN markets used to sell premade nasal mixes.This is no easy task and for sure needs a professional pharmacist.For now I've ordered the smallest spray bottles I could find in order to minimize the issues.The bottle I was using was 30ml, but it was very high quality and I've got the tube to go all the way down so it doesn't leave anything.Now I ordered 10ml and 5ml from ebay.

This is no easy task and for sure needs a professional pharmacist.

No, it's not that difficult. Dissolve cocaine HCl in cold water, adjust pH to 7 with HCl or NaOH as needed, keep the stuff cold...

about 10 yrs ago it was used medically for nose bleeds. Came in a ~30ml vial that I assume had a decent storage life. the solution was blue in color and therefore nicknamed "blue solution" so patients wouldn't freak out. keep googling.

If you research cocaine 4% which is the medicinal strength you get:

Each mL contains:

Cocaine hydrochloride 40 mg or 100 mg As aqueous solution.
The topical solution contains the following inactive ingredients: citric acid, D&C Yellow No. 10, FD&C Green No. 3, sodium benzoate, and water.