• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

Testing Xanax?

bluntsnbeats

Greenlighter
Hello,

I have recently been open to the power of being able to acquire Xanax pills.

Following the death of a rapper who has said to have had overdosed by taking Xanax laced with Fentanyl, I have become paranoid about the fact that the pills I can acquire may be laced with Fentanyl.

My question is, is there anyway of testing Xanax pills for any drugs that it may have been cut with?

I currently live in the UK, so Xanax is one of the harder prescription drugs to acquire, both legally and on the black market. I'll be acquiring them 'through a friend' and not a doctor. Due to its rarity in the UK, or even so the area I come from, I have a feeling it'll be easier to get your hands on a fake Xanax pill rather than a real Xanax pill.

The easiest way to do this if you're worried about fentanyl is to soak a tablet in vodka for 12h, give it a squish then after another 12h test it with a fentanyl testing strip. You can get these from https://www.reagent-tests.uk/product/fentanyl-test-strip/ in the UK and other vendors as well, it's literally just a case of dipping it into the liquid. They also detect some analogues of fentanyl.

Even if the test comes back clear, you should always start with a small dose to check the strength and consider that xanax has plenty of risks even if it's pharmacy grade.

Hello,

I have recently been open to the power of being able to acquire Xanax pills.

Following the death of a rapper who has said to have had overdosed by taking Xanax laced with Fentanyl, I have become paranoid about the fact that the pills I can acquire may be laced with Fentanyl.

My question is, is there anyway of testing Xanax pills for any drugs that it may have been cut with?

I currently live in the UK, so Xanax is one of the harder prescription drugs to acquire, both legally and on the black market. I'll be acquiring them 'through a friend' and not a doctor. Due to its rarity in the UK, or even so the area I come from, I have a feeling it'll be easier to get your hands on a fake Xanax pill rather than a real Xanax pill.

I would go with Transform's idea to be safe.

The vast majority of 'xanax' bar I got in the Uk were etizolam or other RCs. Alprazolam isn't prescribed in the UK so there isn't pharm grade pills floating about unless they're from overseas.

Let me guess your xanax bar is very crumbly and the stamp doesn't look quite right?

I acquired some in a Pfizer bottle but when looking closely the label was all wonky and just didn't look right.

It's so easy for people to make fake xanax bars with fake bottles as well just using RCs. Most users wont know - they're still getting the 'benzo feeling' and it's much much cheaper for these people to do that.

To be honest I prefer an RC like etizolam to an alpazolam high anyway.

I am (and have been for years and years) prescribed 8mg of Xanax daily and have taken 20mg and higher single doses while eating my legally prescribed Roxicodone (oxycodone without acetomenaphen/paracetamol) as well as street bought opioid pain pills, shooting heroin (and I sold heroin for a good while, so my dope was good since I made the product myself and used the same dope I sold, and I generally did 1 and 1/2 to 2 grams per day for years and years via the IV ROA) and drinking liquor all day and into the night). I did this for a long time and was always fine (I'm a real good guy for HR huh? Actually, I don't recommend doing this combo, even at lower doses than mine, as even a fraction of that can kill you easily. Be safe, know your limits, and use common sense. You can always take more, once you ingest a substance or cocktail of substances it's gonna have combined and increased poly drug effects and you are basically at the mercy of your tolerance). I haven't touched heroin in years, but I still take my prescribed Roxicodone and Xanax combo every day for chronic pain and panic disorder, and unless you need these medications, they can be a real pain in the ass to keep up with once you become physically dependent on them. Since the state in which I now live is very nazi-esque when it comes to opioids, I'm grossly under medicated on the roxy when you factor in my pain levels and more than 20 years of opioid and benzo tolerance levels (Xanax dose is spot on). This is why I normally run outta roxy early every month and have several hellish days of increased pain, coupled with physical withdrawls that suck ass, until roxy refill day. Point being, even with a legitimate prescription, physical dependence can be a pain in the ass.

As to your question, I'm sure you're aware that Xanax has a very distinctive taste, as do opioids. While I'm just offering a bit of advice, not saying it should be your number one test in determining adulterants in pills, I would taste a piece a pill (assuming you're buying more than one) and chew it without swallowing. Pretend it's a wine tasting and swish the chewed piece around your mouth, especially all the areas of your tongue, while checking for the subtleties and nuances of the Xanax taste (plus any benzo taste, as they all have their own subtle nuances of flavor but all taste like benzos, IME anyway. It may be a mix of Xanax and Valium or some other benzo or thienodiazapine, for example) while also tasting for that bitter opioid taste (same as with benzos, all have their own flavor, but all have that opioid taste. Again, I say this from my own personal experiences. Your palate may vary). That's about the safest and best way I can think of for a quick check of what you already think will be some cocktail of stuff put into a pill press. As I said, it's not a rock solid method that should be your only way of testing it, but if the friend has the pills in hand and you've got the cash in hand and it's time for making a deal, I think it's a pretty good way to do it. Something to consider. Oh yeah, while counterfeits are often crumbly and the real pills are usually kinda "shiny" when light hits them right, I have personally had many legitimate, real pills that were old and were crumbly, so crumbliness isn't always a 100% indicator of a counterfeit.

Last edited:
I am (and have been for years and years) prescribed 8mg of Xanax daily and have taken 20mg and higher single doses while eating my legally prescribed Roxicodone (oxycodone without acetomenaphen/paracetamol) as well as street bought opioid pain pills, shooting heroin (and I sold heroin for a good while, so my dope was good since I made the product myself and used the same dope I sold, and I generally did 1 and 1/2 to 2 grams per day for years and years via the IV ROA) and drinking liquor all day and into the night). I did this for a long time and was always fine (I'm a real good guy for HR huh? Actually, I don't recommend doing this combo, even at lower doses than mine, as even a fraction of that can kill you easily. Be safe, know your limits, and use common sense. You can always take more, once you ingest a substance or cocktail of substances it's gonna have combined and increased poly drug effects and you are basically at the mercy of your tolerance). I haven't touched heroin in years, but I still take my prescribed Roxicodone and Xanax combo every day for chronic pain and panic disorder, and unless you need these medications, they can be a real pain in the ass to keep up with once you become physically dependent on them. Since the state in which I now live is very nazi-esque when it comes to opioids, I'm grossly under medicated on the roxy when you factor in my pain levels and more than 20 years of opioid and benzo tolerance levels (Xanax dose is spot on). This is why I normally run outta roxy early every month and have several hellish days of increased pain, coupled with physical withdrawls that suck ass, until roxy refill day. Point being, even with a legitimate prescription, physical dependence can be a pain in the ass.

As to your question, I'm sure you're aware that Xanax has a very distinctive taste, as do opioids. While I'm just offering a bit of advice, not saying it should be your number one test in determining adulterants in pills, I would taste a piece a pill (assuming you're buying more than one) and chew it without swallowing. Pretend it's a wine tasting and swish the chewed piece around your mouth, especially all the areas of your tongue, while checking for the subtleties and nuances of the Xanax taste (plus any benzo taste, as they all have their own subtle nuances of flavor but all taste like benzos, IME anyway. It may be a mix of Xanax and Valium or some other benzo or thienodiazapine, for example) while also tasting for that bitter opioid taste (same as with benzos, all have their own flavor, but all have that opioid taste. Again, I say this from my own personal experiences. Your palate may vary). That's about the safest and best way I can think of for a quick check of what you already think will be some cocktail of stuff put into a pill press. As I said, it's not a rock solid method that should be your only way of testing it, but if the friend has the pills in hand and you've got the cash in hand and it's time for making a deal, I think it's a pretty good way to do it. Something to consider. Oh yeah, while counterfeits are often crumbly and the real pills are usually kinda "shiny" when light hits them right, I have personally had many legitimate, real pills that were old and were crumbly, so crumbliness isn't always a 100% indicator of a counterfeit.

A basic method of testing xanax is to just chew it, if it's alprazolam it should taste extremely bitter and disgusting. If not, then you have something else. Obviously that's not 100% fool proof.
And no doctor in the world, is telling you to take 8 mg xanax in one day. They don't even make more than 2 mg pills, so you must be going through a month's script in a couple weeks. I hate junkies like you that fuck it up for everyone else.

A basic method of testing xanax is to just chew it, if it's alprazolam it should taste extremely bitter and disgusting. If not, then you have something else. Obviously that's not 100% fool proof.
And no doctor in the world, is telling you to take 8 mg xanax in one day. They don't even make more than 2 mg pills, so you must be going through a month's script in a couple weeks. I hate junkies like you that fuck it up for everyone else.

User was warned for this post. We work hard to make bluelight a place where everyone feels welcome regardless of our background and comments like this strongly detract from that.

I am from the West Coast and within the last 2 years especially, I have seen a huge increase in "fake" or pressed xanax bars. I got some 'GG' ones that had no bitter taste or RC high/relief, and even next to a prescription one, the shape and lettering were virtually the same; the fake was slightly more glossy and a little denser i think then scrip GG's. But around here right now i'd say like 80% of the bars coming in are pressed ones, (G's, yellows greens, like 20 different looking "Xanax 2"s!! And i have had crumbly ones that are decent, dense ones that are great(i sublingual my barz to check/taste the alprazolam) but no relation to good or bad quality. honestly it seems hit and miss... but i'd take scrip barz over "3-4mg double stack bars".

Umm well I live In Newfoundland, Canada & I took a "2 mg Xanax bar" that are only made in the states to my knowledge & it looked the part so I bought it for 10$ cuz the guy argued they were really strong. I get xanax in Canada to but only smaller mgs like the orange 0.5 half mgs ( s0 4 is a bar) & I seen the blue 1 mg xanax here aswell (2 is a bar) & took them plus white .25s (8 is a bar lol) & again was perfect. Shit I took 40 0.5 half mg xanax yesterday with 7 Immovane popped & 10 snorted. I'm on Meathdone also MMT & been takin 80 mg for the last 3 years roughly. But Anyways back to the story I took the "2 Mg Xanax Bar" & next thing I knew after it kicked in (rather quick cuz I chew my benzos) & it tatsed off but I was thinkin maybe its the way they taste I never did em so whatever but I found out rather quickly what it was when I was walking to wal-mart & then all I remember is blacking out & waking up in the Hospital gettin hit with Naloxone (or however it's spelled) not a nice thing to be hit with,instantly sober but saved my life all the same. I woke up & asked the doctor how in the fuck did one xanax make me od & why hit me with something like that I can't even feel my Meathadone & he said " your lucky to feel anything you never OD'd on Xanax you overdosed on Fentanyl." So yeah it's fu*kin dummies pressing pills. Lil Peep is the rapper you mean right ? @bluntsnbeats

The vast majority of 'xanax' bar I got in the Uk were etizolam or other RCs. Alprazolam isn't prescribed in the UK so there isn't pharm grade pills floating about unless they're from overseas.
@
Throwdown Yeah it's like that here too In Canada. Alpazolam is xanax lol I know this right but what's etizolam ? Personally 2 mg Clonezapam & 6 mg Bronazeapam are my fav besises real xanax.

Benzo-'Done Cuffs For sure bro It almost ended my life one pill word. I've done the patch before & even pressed "CDN 80 mg pills" when I was not on Methadone & got lucky I guess. We called em Shady 80's but they packed such a punch well worth the money until I maybe would of got the wrong one cuz later found out they were filled with Fyentynal. Dangerous stuff man.

mp44god & Before you say im gloating about what mg of pills I can do I'm not. I'm doin this for harm reduction so someone else doesn't die or come close to it. I can take alot of pams sure but I gottta hella tolerance I wouldn't recommend a high dose for novice users. Word. Stay Safe Hope this helped someone. Inbox me or reply here if you have more Questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
All I've ever had is fake xanax bars. They work good enough and are cheap as candy online. Etizolam has hardly any taste, and xanax tastes very bitter as previous poster said. At the same time its kind of delicious because you know any second you will be relieved of whatever is ailing you you. Insomnia/anxiety/withdrawal.

I'm from the US , we have our fair share of fake bars. First time I ever had a xanax I chewed it, remembering that taste. Whenever I get xans I make sure to TASTE test as nothing in the world tastes worse than alp. Should taste really fucking bitter with a hint of death ;)

Would be really easy to cut these RC benzo bars with something bitter as a way to fool the customers. There use to be an actual BNZ testing kit which worked somewhat for say testing the difference between alprazolam or etizolam or even clonazolam. Google the BNZ testing kit. People in the UK should be rolling around with these kits so they can smack their dealers every time they try and pass off a RC benzo bar as Xanax.

Last edited:
could you crush a piece of xanax/valium/klonopin/etc and put it in urine and use a home drug test to see?

It depends if the test is testing for the actual drug or for the metabolite and also whether it dissolves well. That works for fentanyl for example.

As others have said the taste is a dead give away. I doubt that you could even reproduce the taste by cutting a rc bar with something bitter. Bitter is just used because of lack of a better term. I mean it is bitter but that word just doesn't do it justice. More like bitter multiplied a hundredfold.

I had white bars from over seas that were white and crumbly

When u have Benzo withdrawals they are horrible as u know
I took a white 1 from over seas and felt perfectly fine. So like an idiot I took another bar and 2 30 oxys which I've done before with a great high. With these after a half hour I collapsed and had no strength in my entire body. I couldn't even stand plus my brain was fried. Had no idea what day or time it was. So it was either 10x stronger than 4mg or they were mixed with something
I've learned my lesson. If I need in an emergency I only take half a bar

could you crush a piece of xanax/valium/klonopin/etc and put it in urine and use a home drug test to see?

No, you couldn't or it is unlikely you could because the urine tests look for metabolites of the drug not the drug itself. In some cases. This is certainly the case with benzos... There are two main components that benzos metabolize into. I don't recall what they are, but crushing a bar probably won't do it.

Last edited: