• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Your experience with CBD?

Mafioso

Bluelight Crew
Just like the title says, I'm curious to hear about other peoples' experience with it. I'm asking about both high CBD:THC ratio and pure CBD, please specify which one you are talking about. Has it helped you? Did you have a positive, negative, or neutral experience with it? Would you say it is effective or ineffective, and if so, for what?

There is no right or wrong answer, just looking for honest and truthful responses. There is a lot of hype surrounding cannabis, but that is not to say it does not have it's uses.

I sometimes use weed that's around 15% CBD and .5% THC or less (effectively, it's just CBD plus some random terpenes) alone and I also keep it around in case I take too much high-THC weed and get anxiety.

When I use it alone it kind of fogs my mind just the slightest amount for a day or two, being that is has an extremely long half life. That's mainly what I notice, although I can definitely sleep better too. Helps a little with anxiety but not a ton, I recall reading you need something like 600mg of CBD to actually get significant anti-anxiety effects.

When I use it to tame a THC high it makes the high feel like it lasts a lot longer and brings down any crazy mental effects like dissociation, CEVs, obviously the paranoia. It makes it a bit less euphoric too so I try to avoid using it when possible because I live for euphoria.

Thanks for your reply, TN.

So you're saying you experience mild amounts of "mind fog" from pure CBD? Did you feel like it was harder to focus when on CBD than when sober?

Again, no right or wrong answers here, just curious about your personal experience with CBD.

i tried a cbd vape pen recently, bought off DNM so not sure as to its provenance.

maybe a mild anxiolytic effect, very subtle though. disappointing tbh.

It is my experience that CBD ( I tried 99% crystals vaped in a meth style glass pipe with bowl) will tame the racing thoughts, anxiety and paranoia induced by an excessive dose of synthetic cannabinoids as well as high THC weed strains.
To achieve this only a few mgs are needed for me, something like 5/10.
To be noted I have no tolerance to weed or synthetic cannabinoids as I smoked maybe 3 times this year and I need to go back to 2015 to get to more than 10.
Weed and hash give me anxiety, but thj 2201 a bit less and on the comedown from MDMA or speed (both substances reduce my anxiety) it has helped going to sleep.
Ofcourse if I ever so slightly overdo it, I need some CBD on top.

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply, TN.

So you're saying you experience mild amounts of "mind fog" from pure CBD? Did you feel like it was harder to focus when on CBD than when sober?

Again, no right or wrong answers here, just curious about your personal experience with CBD.

It's a little bit harder to focus but it would never get in the way of me doing anything other than maybe a literal test like if I was in school. In real life where adults do actual stuff rather than proving their ability to remember formulas or regurgitate sentences from a textbook, no problem at all.

I think I can relate. I had a similar experience with CBD. I didn't really feel "high", but I definitely felt altered so to speak. It didn't really do much for my anxiety, but I was trying to use it to help with opiate withdrawal at the time, so I definitely had some elevated and intense levels of anxiety and insomnia. To be honest, I felt like it made it a little harder to focus and felt a little scatter-brained.

Would love to hear peoples' experience with CBD and chronic pain, anxiety, depression, or just general first hand accounts of your experience with CBD. There are a lot of conflicting stories about CBD, just interested in hearing your personal story. I have PTSD and would not consider it effective in managing the symptoms, but find more holistic approaches very effective. Everyone is different though, share your story with CBD.

I recently bought a CBDoobie at a local store, this is what the packaging says:

CBDoobie
Do You Doobie?
4% Terpenes Jack Herer Flavor Profile (up to 4 servings per cone)
NO THC
50mg Smokable CBD

I'm not sure if I felt anything after I smoked half of it. It says 4 servings and when I smoked it I had a fairly low tolerance. It smelt and tasted like tea. If anything, I was a bit more relaxed. Keep in mind someone else mentioned in this thread that it can take 600mg of CBD for strong anti-anxiety effects (I'm not sure how true this is).

My husband takes about 200 ml CBD every night. We get it from a medical collective that makes sure the dose is consistent. He also uses THC in edible form for sleep (his insomnia is acute due to the steroids he is on for lymphoma) so it is a little hard to say what's what but he does say he feels like he is walking around in a fog all day.

I personally have not had any direct experiments with pure CBD, but i've smoked on quite a few high CBD low THC strains and didn't really notice too much of a difference other than the psychoactive effects weren't as pronounced. I did have a lot more calming effect as really powerful stains always get my heart racing for a brief period of time.

A close friend of mine is what I would describe as a borderline sociopath has had conversations with me on numerous occasions about how him using CBD has helped with his schizophrenia and extreme impulsive desires to start things with people. He is heavily institutionalized unfortunately, but he swears up and down that smoking on high CBD strains gives him more clarity into addressing his own emotional distresses.

I've so far tried two different types of CBD oil and have felt absolutely nothing from it.

If anyone responds to this then I'll come back and report what the strengths of the two oils where (I took them as tinctures, but I won't mention the vendors obviously...) and people can guess as to whether or not they are too weak or what.

One of them tastes like weed while the other does not.

I mean what should I be feeling in the first place?

I was kind of hoping for a nice relaxation effect like the body high from weed but without the mental effects which might help with my depression and anxiety but I literally felt nothing.

Is that the kind of effect you guys get from it, like a body-relaxation thing but without an actual head high?

Both my brother and I had high hopes but so far we feel completely let down and disappointed.

I don't believe CBD has any real psychoactive effects from what I interpret from the dispensary employees here in Maine. Smoking on high CBD/low THC strains gave me little to no actual "high" or buzz. Just a calming sensation, but I think that's more due to the tranquility I find in just smoking.

Sometimes I wonder if I just enjoy the act of smoking more so than the actual substances that I burn.

Next time I'm at a dispensary I'll grab some of the pamphlets they have. There is a bunch of witch doctor-ish papers at these dispensaries promoting holistic approaches so you have to really cipher through a lot of the B.S

I don't believe CBD has any real psychoactive effects from what I interpret from the dispensary employees here in Maine. Smoking on high CBD/low THC strains gave me little to no actual "high" or buzz. Just a calming sensation, but I think that's more due to the tranquility I find in just smoking.

Sometimes I wonder if I just enjoy the act of smoking more so than the actual substances that I burn.

Ok, so if you use quality CBD whole while not smoking weed or high on anything, then what effects can you hope to get?

I mean I was just hoping for some anxiety and depression relief and my brother was hoping for some relief from his insomnia, yet neither of us got any of that out of our CBD oils and we both took it while sober and not smoking weed.

That seemed odd to us because if it works to stop people who have 20 seizures a day from serious epilepsy and things like that then why wouldn't it help with our relatively minor issues?

Shouldn't we be able to feel at least SOMETHING after taking it?

If you're trying to feel anything from CBD I wouldn't recommend purchasing it. In my experiences with CBD it's nice when you're coming off stimulants, like a weaker benzo, and it has very weak anxiolytic effects. I would feel a very slight increase in well-being and less anxious at around 150 mg of CBD.

Like others said it seems to be most noticeable in combination with THC, where it seems to lessen the more psychoactive components

Edit: Also if someone tries to treat anything with high doses of CBD it becomes very expensive very quick.

my experience with cbd is that I've been smoking/vaping on a 50/50 thc/cbd strain now for a couple of months and I can say that this profile definitely is less prone to racy, trippy thoughts and anxiety than regular high thc low cbd weed. a few weeks ago I got a nug of trainwreck and the difference was very noteable. I like both but the cbd weed is definitely more useful for everyday smoking and being functional.

once in a while I'll add a few drops of a cbd tincture from hemp in the evening (10-14 mg) before bed and this really makes me more sleepy than smoking my usual night bowl/spliff alone. but I have never really used cbd while not having any thc in the system so I cannot really comment on that...

Ok, so if you use quality CBD whole while not smoking weed or high on anything, then what effects can you hope to get?

I mean I was just hoping for some anxiety and depression relief and my brother was hoping for some relief from his insomnia, yet neither of us got any of that out of our CBD oils and we both took it while sober and not smoking weed.

That seemed odd to us because if it works to stop people who have 20 seizures a day from serious epilepsy and things like that then why wouldn't it help with our relatively minor issues?

Shouldn't we be able to feel at least SOMETHING after taking it?

You really have to find out who is making it. Source is the biggest thing. There is a lot of clandestine chemists who are doing very rudimentary extraction methods and then trying to pawn it off to the consumer as medical grade. I can't even begin to tell you how many care givers I've went through in the medical program. I eventually just went back to buying my bud on the "black market" because majority of the caregivers in my area are growing for their own preference and just happen to sell. I had one guy that legit told me he had a dozen strains and when I went to check it out he had multiple phenotypes of one specific strain and just kept calling it Cotton Candy #1, Cotton Candy #2 etc etc.

A lot of basement growers came out into the medical/recreational scene just bringing bunk product. I'm just waiting for the market to become oversaturated and watch the prices fall.

I think the quality of the CBD oil out there is all over the map as has been stated in this thread. I live in a state that is just now getting it's medical cannabis act operational but don't think I'll apply after the hassles my friend is going thru getting it. Maybe down the line. I guess the reason I'm mentioning this is that to my understanding CBD oil is legal in all 50 states. No offense to our BL friends in other countries but for now this seems to be an issue a lot of us primarily in the US are interested in getting a better understanding of. There is that well known site similar to BL out there that allow sources and ratings of those sources, I'm just not sure how subjective and reliable those ratings are.

I have a 1500mg/30ml CBD oil brand which is really expensive and supposedly good quality. I find it to be subtle and definitely not psychoactive but my experiences tell me there are some neuroprotective benefits associated with it's use. There is something there, I just can't quantify it very well. After a lifetime of taking drugs and having no doubts about whether they were producing effects, this is different territory as I transition to hopefully more begin substances. Things can always change but I'm not really interested in being totally abstinent at this point.

How much are you actually supposed to take in a given day? Should it be taken as needed or daily like say a vitamin so it can build up in the cannabinoid receptors? Is there a CBD oil megathread yet? Does it warrant one?

Is a good quality CBD oil the same structure as what's in a CBD only product that you could get in say CO? I've asked this question many times and still don't have a handle on it.

There is no need to take a vitamin to 'make it build up in the receptors'

Sometimes, some drugs can be poorly water soluble, being fat soluble instead, and these benefit from being taken with fat-containing food, cannabinoids are good examples of such lipophilic drugs, aniracetam is another good example, its the reason for using oil, butter etc. in leaching out the goodness in herb when making edibles. When I was taking aniracetam, before I decided to switch to pramiracetam, unlike piracetam and pramiracetam, the aniracetam was quite insoluble in water, soft drinks etc. so I took each dose with fish oil capsules, which helped.

If you parse every utterance (if typing something is like an utterance) I make on BL, I'm sure I've said plenty of inconsistent things. I don't always have the patience anymore to look at my draft posts 100 times before posting to make sure everything is airtight. What I meant was is it best to take as needed or on a daily basis or does it even matter?

CBD oil is not legal in all 50 states. You should see the shitfest that is going on in my old homestate, Indiana. A lot of the heavily religious indoctrinated states that have no separation between church and state will fight it tooth and nail until the end of time.

In regards to getting a medical marijuana card. It's nice to have for the legality sake, but I still deal with the black market as they aren't adding in the costs of overhead, employment wages, trivial packaging costs, and their own personal opinion on what "retail" marijuana should cost.

I have not been to the CO scene yet, but I'd love to check it out. Maine has a wonderful program, but it's slowly being dismantled as they are now trying to figure out how recreational/medicinal laws and programs will coexist.