• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Wiping my butt is never enough

Dont bother. Its longer than you think and its meant to have shit in it.

It doesnt need cleaning out.

Just use metamucil and wipe ya bum and wash your hands.

Any on going worries get a colonoscopy and check for microscopic colitis/ polyps/diverticulum.

Everyonw has a rectum with aome amount of faeces so alls you can do is prol use baby wipes, clean jocks and hygiene, balanced diet and charcoal tablets

It only stinks when gets outside the body . Maybe you need to focus on something else.

Gay people (and some straight) use anal douches regularly without ill effects so maybe I'll try that. I just don't want to do any damage to my rectum.

is ur issue that toilet paper is ineffective at cleaning ur bum after a BM?

if thats the case, i also find that to be the case after having used bidets in SEA.

what i do is take a bottle of water with me to the toilet when i go, and use the water with my left hand to wash bum after having wiped once/twice to get majority poo off.

its like a manual bidet, i wash my hands with soap after, its not ideal but i am not into walking around with a shitty ass all day. idk how everyone else does it..

I use disposable wipes after using toilet paper. I also find it hard to get my head around how everyone walks around with a shitty ass in our culture. It's disgusting.

Every house should have a bidet.

Last edited:
Please don't resort to enemas or anal douching to solve this problem. You just need more fiber in your diet. Your diet is pretty bad, I'm not going to tip toe around that. You eat only processed food, no fiber, no fruit, no veggies, no whole grains. Of course you're going to have wipe your butt 50 times and still not get it clean. There's no fiber cleaning your gut while so you're constantly excreting shit. Your colon is probably caked with old feces because it's so sticky that it never completely moves out. Sorry if that's gross but the quality of your shit actually tells you a lot about what's going on inside you.

The term "incomplete bowel movement" is specific. It means that you keep having to return to the toilet because it's not done coming out. That's not your problem. Your problem is that you have sticky, damp stool from all the refined food you're eating, with no fiber to break it up or scrub your bowels out.

Just eat more fiber for god's sake. It's not that hard. Steam some broccoli for 5 minutes, put salt and pepper on it. Eat it all. There, instant fiber. Or eat sauerkraut as was suggested. Cabbage is fiber. Actually any raw veggies are going to give you fiber, or brown rice.

It takes less work to steam some veggies than shove an enema up your ass. If you don't start eating more fiber you'll be at higher risk for colon cancer because all that old shit stuck in there is not meant to stay there.

Is it normal to need to take a shit every second day instead of everyday?

na its not normal, thats constipation

I read a patient information leaflet at my local GP surgery on constipation and it said that going once every other day is not abnormal and is not necessarily constipation.

Last edited:
I feel your pain, I get this all the time and it's so fucking annoying. I've experimented with my diet in every way possible but still happens. I usually just keep wiping wiping wiping. Trouser up walk around and couple if minutes then clean up again. This usually solves it.

Fucking weird thread but a fucking annoying problem.

well based on my own exp i shit every day, if i started to shit every other day i would take that as a signal from my body that i am doing something wrong. and that it would be be best to try and find a solution before the problem is exacerbated.

In my personal experience the frequency of my bowel movements are directly correlated to the quantity of calories I intake. If I'm fasting for an extended period of time or doing day fasts where I just eat small amounts at night, I may have a bowel movement every other day. During times when I tried to do "bulking" for weightlifting, I would be using the restroom as much as 2-3 times a day. At that rate I would usually switch to baby wipes to prevent any irritation.

To state that not going everyday is considered a sign of constipation would be a subjective statement as we all function in our own unique way. It's a general guideline to try to have at least one healthy bowel movement a day, but you can't think of that as an absolute. If going to the restroom once every 36-48 hours is still comfortable to you and there is no physical discomfort then I'd say you have nothing to worry about.

If you're squeezing, clenching, biting a towel, and bursting blood vessels in your eyes and face then you might need to reconsider some habits. :)

On wiping...

I have very little input as I'm someone who experiences the "perfect poop" scenario on a weekly basis. I generally wipe 2-3 times but majority of the time there is little to nothing on the 2nd wipe and the 3rd was just for the sake of safe measures. I think a lot of it has to do with your diet and the angle you're sitting at IMO.

just listen in a busy bathroom... bowel problems are VERY common.

one thing that has helped me immensely (aside from cutting gluten, dairy, and caffeine) is getting the timing right. my best, most well formed and least messy BMs are not forced, and i dont wait to go. once i feel the need, i RUN to the bathroom. i dont go too early and sqeeze little pellets, and i dont go too late, which tends to produce peanutbutter.

you might also wanna look into a "squatty potty".

How do you use toilet paper so not to use so much? Do you fold it over then wipe then keep folding over til the part that's got poo on it you put it in the toilet or what? What's your technique cos i scrunch it up into little balls then wipe and i end up using a whole roll.

bananas, broccoli, spinich and oatmeal. you will be shitting 3 times a day. also you can rinse your asshole in the shower if u aint got enough toilet paper :)

bananas, broccoli, spinich and oatmeal. you will be shitting 3 times a day. also you can rinse your asshole in the shower if u aint got enough toilet paper :)

LOLOLOL

I usually try to push one out before a shower so I don't need to waste shit tickets.