• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

About memory suppression

Unt

Greenlighter
I have been unable to find any information online regarding the degree to which one's short- and long-term memory may be impaired during a psychedelic trip. The reason I'm interested in this issue is that, while everybody I know haven't experienced much of it, I did go through heavy memory suppression on just 100 ug LSD. Way more intense than a high dose of cannabis. They say it's probably suggestion. Maybe I pay too much attention to that aspect of the trip or get paranoid about it... Could anybody tell me how their memory behaves on that dose range? Also, may it be related with having underwent ego-death on MDMA? (quite a neurotoxic dose). Thanks everybody on advance!

I feel that this question is way too esoteric to have an effective answer, but I'm going to move it over to Neuroscience and see if any of those smart people can help you out!

Basic Drug Discussion -> Neuroscience and Pharmacology

Coping mechanism due to stress.

The best way to resolve memory impairment with a psychedelic would be to start at a lower dose to gain substantial familiarity and comfort before moving higher.

Also, I find a mild sedative allows for a smoother experience with more retention.

Coping mechanism due to stress.

The best way to resolve memory impairment with a psychedelic would be to start at a lower dose to gain substantial familiarity and comfort before moving higher.

Also, I find a mild sedative allows for a smoother experience with more retention.

What kind of sedative(s) have you experimented with, in combination with psychedelics?

I've tried Xanax and other Benzo's but I personally recommend Gabapentinoids such as Gabapentin and Phenibut or simple Valium.

Anything with a low degree of amnesia, for obvious reasons.

Phenibut was my greatest ally but for novices I always offered 10mg of diazepam to offset any anxiety that might come from less than ideal settings. It always worked.

Lately I've been experimenting with natural GABA agonists such as magnolia bark extract and skullcap extract to great effect.

So then it's just my mind finding a way out of anxiety... Yes, it does make sense. Inadequate set and setting gave me a very bad trip. Next time I'll take great care of those aspects (and have some GABAergic stuff at hand :\), so that I can enjoy the trip. Thanks for your replies!