PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Interview with master Kambo practitioner Simon Scott

mr peabody

Bluelight Crew
Interview with master Kambo practitioner Simon Scott

by Wesley Thoricatha

Kambo is the venomous secretion of Phyllomedusa bicolor (the giant leaf or monkey frog), a bright green tree frog native to the Amazon basin. It can be found in the rainforest regions of northern Brazil, eastern Peru, southeastern Colombia, and parts of Venezuela, Bolivia, and the Guianas. In many regions outside Brazil, both the frog and its secretion are known as sapo (or toad). Giant monkey frogs have a distinctive song that can be followed to collect them at night. Captive specimens are tied by the legs and harmlessly stressed to induce the secretion: a waxy substance scraped onto wooden splinters from the back and legs of the frog. Once dried, kambo can be stored for upwards of a year without losing its potency. For use, its mixed with saliva or water and directly applied to specially made skin burns. Kambo has a range of traditional and potential therapeutic applications, both medical and psycho-spiritual. Commonly described as an ordeal medicine, the secretion is known for its powerful emetic or purgative effects. Kambo is widely sought to revitalize body and mind.

One of the great recurring themes one encounters when speaking with people whose lives have been changed by natural medicines such as ayahuasca, ibogaine, and kambo is that material success very rarely equates with true happiness. It seems absurd to the conventional way of thinking that someone would find misery in a highly successful career but find meaning and lasting joy through a ceremony involving frog venom, root bark, or a jungle brew that causes an intense ordeal of physical and emotional purging, yet this is absolutely the case.

One such refugee of conventional success and pioneer of helping people find their authentic self through natural medicines is Simon Scott. Simon is one of only a handful of master kambo practitioners as listed by the International Association of Kambo Practitioners (IAKP). Although he once owned a highly successful special effects company, today, Simon facilitates kambo ceremonies, and is a wealth of information about kambo and its proper use. Psychedelic Times had a chance to speak with Simon about his personal story of discovering kambo and his many years of experience introducing people to this powerful medicine.

Thank you for taking the time to speak with us, Simon. When did you first encounter kambo, and what was your life like before then?

I had a spectacular career in Hollywood, but I was miserable. I started out coding in my bedroom as a teen, and years later, ended up owning my own visual effects company. You have to be careful what you wish for, of course, because I wanted this successful company that was winning awards and making lots of money, and I had that - the company, the awards, the Porsche, the girlfriend; but after years of doing that, I ended up being very sick. I was depressed, not sleeping well, and just overloaded. One day, I just didnt have the energy to get out of bed, and I realized this wasnt the life I wanted. I went into a deep depression, and I was stuck in this loop in my hea - you have done this your whole life, theres nothing else you can do, your life is over. I had been talking with a friend for quite a while about going to Colombia to drink ayahuasca, but I could never find the time nor the courage to do it. But at this point, I had nothing to loose, so I went to Colombia and drank yaga. My experience was profound, and I continued to go back to Colombia on a regular basis.

During one of those trips to Pasto, the shamanic center of Colombia, friends invited me to drive out into the countryside for kambo. On a whim, I jumped in the car and we drove for what seemed like hours. There was a sense of excitement and trepidation; it started raining heavily, there was thunder, lightning, we ended up pushing the car, and finally, we arrived at a remote farm house in the middle of nowhere. I opened the door, and I will never forget the scene I saw. All these people were laying on the floor in different states of pain, emoting, vomiting, holding their stomachs. It was carnage and I was terrified, but about thirty minutes after we got there, I had eleven points of kambo on my arm. I had a very strong experience - I passed out and went to a healing white space. In that space, there was an emptiness, but it was also very healing. When I woke up, I vomited violently and had to lie down for a good hour under a blanket. That was my first experience with kambo. After that, once people started to recover and speak with each other, there was a great warmth in that house. People were feeling really good about what they just did. I did kambo a few more times over the next few days, and it clicked for me. This is difficult medicine?€?but on the other side of this ordeal there is great clarity. That is when I fell in love with kambo.

How did you evolve from experiencing kambo to facilitating kambo ceremonies for others?

In the beginning, I didnt realize that I was training. As I was going down to Colombia regularly, I started to assist an ayahuasca shaman who was administering kambo as well. I was emptying buckets, helping people, and observing ceremonies. He was not formally training me, but I was soaking up a lot.

Eventually, I took some kambo back to the states and started to share the medicine with family and friends. It was a very organic process. I have to admit if someone told me that was what they were planning to do as a path towards being a kambo practitioner, I would not encourage it, but that is how I began. Today, it would be better to receive a proper training, but at that time, there was no such training available. Over time, I made an effort to connect with other people who knew more than I did about kambo, other practitioners and native groups such as the Yawanaw and Katukina in South America, and that is what lead me to where I am today.

What have you learned about kambo over the years that was not immediately apparent?

I have goosebumps just thinking about this - it is the beauty of the human spirit, the desire of each person to heal. Kambo really does help people to purify and find their true path, it helps them to remove their distortions or those things which block them from their higher consciousness. Kambo helps people to awaken and blossom into a higher expression of themselves. Simply put, Kambo acts as a catalyst in the development of the human spirit.

Kambo itself is not psychoactive in any way, but it is often compared to psychedelics in its capacity to transform lives. How would you compare kambo to entheogens such as ayahuasca, psilocybin, or iboga?

I dont really like to compare kambo to psychedelics, because they are all so unique in their own ways, but kambo is most certainly a powerful transformational tool. I believe kambo is a multidimensional medicine, and you can see that clearly in how the kambo works. For people who are physically blocked, they will purge a lot; for those who are working on mental blockages, there will be a lot of shaking and work on the nervous system and mind; and others who are ripe for spiritual transformation will cry and emote and let go and rediscover their connection to source after kambo. Through my personal experience and through the people I have worked with, I have seen that kambo can catalyze massive positive transformation on the physical plane, the mental plane, and on the spiritual plane.

Do you have any advice for someone wanting to try kambo for the first time?

I would give the same advice to someone using kambo for the first time and someone who has done it one hundred times, and that is that every time you do kambo, its the first time. If you approach the medicine with a beginners mind, it is a much more beautiful experience than bringing your ego.

Before approaching kambo, I suggest that people take a little time for introspection so that they arrive with a sense of what they wish to work on. Sometimes, people approach me and I guide them to do other things before doing a kambo ceremony. For example, if someone is physically frail, kambo would not be the best medicine until they can build up their strength enough; cleansing, after all, takes energy. Undertaking a strong medicine like kambo is best discussed with an experienced practitioner.

https://psychedelictimes.com/kambo/way-of-the-frog-medicine-interview-with-master-kambo-practitioner-simon-scott/

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing this interview. I had my first experience with kambo about a month ago. Even with a lower dose (3 dots), it has some lasting effects. It starts some processes of thinking. Also, it did bring me closer to my family. Also, for a few days, I had more energy than my usual. I'll be doing a few more sessions soon, I want to see how it can help with depression and lack of energy.

Thank you for sharing this interview. I had my first experience with kambo about a month ago. Even with a lower dose (3 dots), it has some lasting effects. It starts some processes of thinking. Also, it did bring me closer to my family. Also, for a few days, I had more energy than my usual. I'll be doing a few more sessions soon, I want to see how it can help with depression and lack of energy.

This is fascinating to me.

Can you go a bit more into depth on exactly how Kambo felt for you?

The article said it was not in any way psychoactive but is that really true?

Cause when Hammillton Morris took it on his show on Vice it certainly seemed psychoactive and the way people describe how it feels on that site it sounds like it is some kind of a psychoactive substance/drug.

Did it feel like ANYTHING else you could compare it to, whether a drug, or maybe even just some other physical experience that brought on an emotional/bodily sensation like fasting or meditation or anything?

Do you know anything about WHY it has the effects it has, what is in the Kambo poison (I mean it is technically poison right?) and chemically speaking, whether or not it is structurally related to any other drug or chemical and if so, what?

I thought this was so obscure I was fascinated to learn there is an actual association that practices it.

Is there anyone who does it in America?

Is it technically legal here if someone were to actually find a way to get some?

Phyllomedusa bicolor secrete several opioid peptides. I'm not surprised that it helps with symptoms of depression. I wonder what is considered transformative about the experience.

This is fascinating to me.

Can you go a bit more into depth on exactly how Kambo felt for you?

The article said it was not in any way psychoactive but is that really true?

Cause when Hammillton Morris took it on his show on Vice it certainly seemed psychoactive and the way people describe how it feels on that site it sounds like it is some kind of a psychoactive substance/drug.

Did it feel like ANYTHING else you could compare it to, whether a drug, or maybe even just some other physical experience that brought on an emotional/bodily sensation like fasting or meditation or anything?

Do you know anything about WHY it has the effects it has, what is in the Kambo poison (I mean it is technically poison right?) and chemically speaking, whether or not it is structurally related to any other drug or chemical and if so, what?

I thought this was so obscure I was fascinated to learn there is an actual association that practices it.

Is there anyone who does it in America?

Is it technically legal here if someone were to actually find a way to get some?

At the end of the kambo session, I got special drops called sananga in my eyes. When it was all done (puking, nausea, shaking, burning in the eyes from the drops, ...), there was a sensation of calm in me. I was expecting to feel bad for a while like after a flu, but no. Not long after the end of the session, I wanted to eat. I was more energic for a few days. An effect of the drops is that the colors were so amazing, the whites were so pure.
The psychological effects are subtle. For me, it felt like a weight was lifted from my back, I was told from someone close that I was back to my real self.

I can't compare to a traditionnal drug. I tried many psychedelics, stimulants and dissociatives, and this is different.

Kambo contains various peptides including dermorphin, which has effects similar to opioids. Other peptides have antimicrobial and anti-inflamatory properties.

The IAKP has several praticionners around the world, including in Canada and probably in the USA. https://iakp.org

As far as I know, it is legal in Canada, so probably in USA too. The sticks are available on the regular internet if you look around, but in my opinion, it would be dangerous to try this alone. There is a fasting required before, you have to drink some liquids before and during the purge. Also it plays on your arterial pressure, so there's a risk to fall down and get hurt. There's a proper way to do the dots so they heal properly. Also, for me, the support of the praticionner helped me feel safe during the process even if it's physically uncomfortable.

At the end of the kambo session, I got special drops called sananga in my eyes. When it was all done (puking, nausea, shaking, burning in the eyes from the drops, ...), there was a sensation of calm in me. I was expecting to feel bad for a while like after a flu, but no. Not long after the end of the session, I wanted to eat. I was more energic for a few days. An effect of the drops is that the colors were so amazing, the whites were so pure.
The psychological effects are subtle. For me, it felt like a weight was lifted from my back, I was told from someone close that I was back to my real self.

I can't compare to a traditionnal drug. I tried many psychedelics, stimulants and dissociatives, and this is different.

Kambo contains various peptides including dermorphin, which has effects similar to opioids. Other peptides have antimicrobial and anti-inflamatory properties.

The IAKP has several praticionners around the world, including in Canada and probably in the USA. https://iakp.org

As far as I know, it is legal in Canada, so probably in USA too. The sticks are available on the regular internet if you look around, but in my opinion, it would be dangerous to try this alone. There is a fasting required before, you have to drink some liquids before and during the purge. Also it plays on your arterial pressure, so there's a risk to fall down and get hurt. There's a proper way to do the dots so they heal properly. Also, for me, the support of the praticionner helped me feel safe during the process even if it's physically uncomfortable.

Hmm, interesting.

So I mean, you really can't compare the feeling to ANY single drug you've tried?

If you've taken a number of substances surely there must be SOMETHING you can at least compare it to as a reference point?

Do you get visuals?

Does it have an empathogenic feeling or make you feel closer to people?

Does it have an opioid feel or a dissociative feeling?

Also, is being on the substance actually pleasant or part of the experience, or is it more about how you feel after you've puked and purged?

Do you HAVE to puke and get sick on it to get something out of it?

Also, what do you mean by "sticks"??

You mean the things you put into the wounds on your body for the experience?

And do you really HAVE to use it that way?

Cause I remember on Hamillton's Pharmacopeia he said afterwards he didn't think it would be necessary to burn yourself and put the poison in the holes and that you probably could just snort the stuff.

He made it sound like in his opinion the whole process of burning or cutting yourself to put the poison in the wounds was unnecessary and that he thought you could probably more easily insufflate it.

It's just weird, cause despite what I saw of it on the show, which was just people burning themselves, applying it, then throwing up a lot, the way this is described is just very vague.

Would you at least say that the statement that "it's not psychoactive" is incorrect??

I've tried Kambo. Here is my report...

https://drugs-forum.com/threads/my-first-experience-with-kambo.286407/

Kambo is indeed psychoactive. Essentially your hit immediately (due to a strong vasodilator) by a substance that causes extreme nausea and salvation. Your also hit by the dermorphin or whatever opioid it was I forget. Once the opioid really starts to kick in 15-20min later your body relaxes and the purging slows or ceases. Then you are floating along in this opiate style feeling for a few hours.

But... Then there's a substance which effects NE system so you feel sharp, awake and slightly on edge. This feeling can last for almost a week and is somewhat pleasant somewhat not. Your vision is sharper, sound is sharper but there's also a low level of anxiety that accompanied it.

It's a cocktail of pharmacologically active compounds.

-GC

^^^^

Great review!!

You seem to be one of the only people willing to actually describe your experience.

I mean I knew it couldn't be "indescribable" or incomparable to ANYTHING.

Interesting that it hits Mu-Opioid receptors cause so does Kratom which I love and which has that kind of energy plus opioid and antidepressant feeling, but obviously this sounds quite different in a lot of ways.

What's crazy though is that this whole experience NECESSITATES getting VIOLENTLY ill, which makes it probably not so recreational, which is good in a way cause that weeds people out and means it should stay legal.

I found a practitioner near me who charges $120 a session, but do you think that's necessary?

Would you say it's safer to have someone who knows about it lead you through?

i think it might be, as they know what to expect, and honestly, I can only think of one friend who MIGHT watch me through such an experience, but he's never done this so I'm sure he'd be perplexed and wondering if he should call the hospital.

So do you NEED to fast first in order to be safe and drink all that water??

And do you think this is actually SAFE?

Like, I take Lexapro which is an SSRI, so I need to make sure that something like this would not interact negatively with it and give me serotonin syndrome.

Do you know if it is safe to take with an SSRI?

Cause I am pretty sure there's so little known about this that no doctor or psychiatrist would be willing or able to tell you it's safe to combine with an SSRI and would probably opt to tell you not to do it just to be safe, but it doesn't sound like anything that would probably interact badly as it is doesn't sound like an MAOI or a serotonin releasing agent.

If you ever have time to answer these questions I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

Hmm, interesting.

So I mean, you really can't compare the feeling to ANY single drug you've tried?

If you've taken a number of substances surely there must be SOMETHING you can at least compare it to as a reference point?

Do you get visuals?

Does it have an empathogenic feeling or make you feel closer to people?

Does it have an opioid feel or a dissociative feeling?

Also, is being on the substance actually pleasant or part of the experience, or is it more about how you feel after you've puked and purged?

Do you HAVE to puke and get sick on it to get something out of it?

Also, what do you mean by "sticks"??

You mean the things you put into the wounds on your body for the experience?

And do you really HAVE to use it that way?

Cause I remember on Hamillton's Pharmacopeia he said afterwards he didn't think it would be necessary to burn yourself and put the poison in the holes and that you probably could just snort the stuff.

He made it sound like in his opinion the whole process of burning or cutting yourself to put the poison in the wounds was unnecessary and that he thought you could probably more easily insufflate it.

It's just weird, cause despite what I saw of it on the show, which was just people burning themselves, applying it, then throwing up a lot, the way this is described is just very vague.

Would you at least say that the statement that "it's not psychoactive" is incorrect??

I'm not experienced a lot with opiates, only low-dose oxycodone after dental surgery. There's a feeling similar to an opioid response, but it's different. It might have to do with the half-life of dermorphin vs oxycodone, but after a few hours on oxycodone, I always feared of losing the effects, and it could have led to compulsive redosing with an unlimited supply. That part was absent with kambo. Also, I felt like there was maybe something related with oxytocin in the reaction to kambo, I felt much closer to people around me.

The sticks are wood sticks used to collect the secretions of the frogs. After that, with a knife you take a part of these dried secretions, mix it with water and put in on the burned dots.

The good feelings happen after the end of the puking. During the ceremony, you just want it to end at some point and after a few minutes it's finished.

The reason why kambo is applicated with dots is to get it filtered by the lymphatic system because the secretions are not sterile. I got told of the possibility to catch some frog virus with injection or insufflation.

I'm not experienced a lot with opiates, only low-dose oxycodone after dental surgery. There's a feeling similar to an opioid response, but it's different. It might have to do with the half-life of dermorphin vs oxycodone, but after a few hours on oxycodone, I always feared of losing the effects, and it could have led to compulsive redosing with an unlimited supply. That part was absent with kambo. Also, I felt like there was maybe something related with oxytocin in the reaction to kambo, I felt much closer to people around me.

The sticks are wood sticks used to collect the secretions of the frogs. After that, with a knife you take a part of these dried secretions, mix it with water and put in on the burned dots.

The good feelings happen after the end of the puking. During the ceremony, you just want it to end at some point and after a few minutes it's finished.

The reason why kambo is applicated with dots is to get it filtered by the lymphatic system because the secretions are not sterile. I got told of the possibility to catch some frog virus with injection or insufflation.

So would you suggest having a practitioner do it with you rather than trying to do it yourself?

I found one near me who charges $120 a session, but that isn't cheap, but might be worth it.

She charges like over $300 a weekend, whatever that means, maybe applying it more than once?

I wouldn't pay that much.

Sounds like it could be dangerous though.

Do you think this is safe if you are on an SSRI like Lexapro which I'm on??

I bet I wouldn't be able to verify with anyone for sure that it was cause no one knows about this stuff, but it doesn't sound like something that would cause serotonin syndrome, not an MAOI or serotonin releaser by the sounds of it.

^^^^

Great review!!

You seem to be one of the only people willing to actually describe your experience.

I mean I knew it couldn't be "indescribable" or incomparable to ANYTHING.

Interesting that it hits Mu-Opioid receptors cause so does Kratom which I love and which has that kind of energy plus opioid and antidepressant feeling, but obviously this sounds quite different in a lot of ways.

What's crazy though is that this whole experience NECESSITATES getting VIOLENTLY ill, which makes it probably not so recreational, which is good in a way cause that weeds people out and means it should stay legal.

I found a practitioner near me who charges $120 a session, but do you think that's necessary?

Would you say it's safer to have someone who knows about it lead you through?

i think it might be, as they know what to expect, and honestly, I can only think of one friend who MIGHT watch me through such an experience, but he's never done this so I'm sure he'd be perplexed and wondering if he should call the hospital.

So do you NEED to fast first in order to be safe and drink all that water??

And do you think this is actually SAFE?

Like, I take Lexapro which is an SSRI, so I need to make sure that something like this would not interact negatively with it and give me serotonin syndrome.

Do you know if it is safe to take with an SSRI?

Cause I am pretty sure there's so little known about this that no doctor or psychiatrist would be willing or able to tell you it's safe to combine with an SSRI and would probably opt to tell you not to do it just to be safe, but it doesn't sound like anything that would probably interact badly as it is doesn't sound like an MAOI or a serotonin releasing agent.

If you ever have time to answer these questions I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

Seriously, if you want to experiment with kambo, I invite you to go with a good praticionner. He'll check with you if you have any condition that is counter-indicated with kambo and he'll tell you what to do with your medication.

Water is used because it's much easier to puke something than nothing. Also, it will help flushing the toxins released by the effects of kambo. A good practicionner will watch your water intake and how much you puke, because there's a risk of water poisoning if you drink too much water and not puke after.

If done correctly in good conditions, kambo is safe. Done alone without supervision and experience, it might be dangerous.

Seriously, if you want to experiment with kambo, I invite you to go with a good praticionner. He'll check with you if you have any condition that is counter-indicated with kambo and he'll tell you what to do with your medication.

Water is used because it's much easier to puke something than nothing. Also, it will help flushing the toxins released by the effects of kambo. A good practicionner will watch your water intake and how much you puke, because there's a risk of water poisoning if you drink too much water and not puke after.

If done correctly in good conditions, kambo is safe. Done alone without supervision and experience, it might be dangerous.

Thanks.

Well I found a practitioner in my area and already messaged her and heard back a little bit about it.

I want to do it at some point, though probably not anytime soon because of various stuff I have to do, but it's something I am now planning on doing eventually, and yes, something I'd rather have an expert like this person there for.

So would you suggest having a practitioner do it with you rather than trying to do it yourself?

I found one near me who charges $120 a session, but that isn't cheap, but might be worth it.

She charges like over $300 a weekend, whatever that means, maybe applying it more than once?

I wouldn't pay that much.

Sounds like it could be dangerous though.

Do you think this is safe if you are on an SSRI like Lexapro which I'm on??

I bet I wouldn't be able to verify with anyone for sure that it was cause no one knows about this stuff, but it doesn't sound like something that would cause serotonin syndrome, not an MAOI or serotonin releaser by the sounds of it.

For over 300$, you probably get 3 sessions. In the Metse tradition, they do 3 sessions inside a lunar cycle.

You should ask her about your SSRI, I know there are several things to avoid mixing with kambo, but I don't know the complete list and all the reasons.

For over 300$, you probably get 3 sessions. In the Metse tradition, they do 3 sessions inside a lunar cycle.

You should ask her about your SSRI, I know there are several things to avoid mixing with kambo, but I don't know the complete list and all the reasons.

Yeah I'll ask.

This is on my to-do list.

Crazy to sign up for a session where you voluntarily get violently ill, and really without any SPECIFIC reason, other than the combination of yes, I'll admit it, wanting to get high on a weird drug and most of all to just have a crazy interesting experience that I won't forget and to expand my horizons and most of all, hopefully have an experience that leaves a lasting impression and helps with my anxiety and mild depression.

If I hear about something interesting that might alter my consciousness, I want to try it, whatever it is.

Did a sweat lodge a few months back, GREAT but GRUELING experience.

Neurofeedback, Hypnosis, Yoga, Meditation, Floatation Tank, done it all and want to do more of it all.

I'll try a lot of thing just to be able to experience something new.

Yeah I'll ask.

This is on my to-do list.

Crazy to sign up for a session where you voluntarily get violently ill, and really without any SPECIFIC reason, other than the combination of yes, I'll admit it, wanting to get high on a weird drug and most of all to just have a crazy interesting experience that I won't forget and to expand my horizons and most of all, hopefully have an experience that leaves a lasting impression and helps with my anxiety and mild depression.

If I hear about something interesting that might alter my consciousness, I want to try it, whatever it is.

Did a sweat lodge a few months back, GREAT but GRUELING experience.

Neurofeedback, Hypnosis, Yoga, Meditation, Floatation Tank, done it all and want to do more of it all.

I'll try a lot of thing just to be able to experience something new.

The flotation tank is something I would love to try at some point. I enjoy yoga too, I participate in hatha yoga classes and I enjoy them a lot :)

I have some problems with chronic pain, persistent fatigue, anxiety and depression, that's what pushed me to try kambo.

The flotation tank is something I would love to try at some point. I enjoy yoga too, I participate in hatha yoga classes and I enjoy them a lot :)

I have some problems with chronic pain, persistent fatigue, anxiety and depression, that's what pushed me to try kambo.

Yeah, I'd be lying if I didn't say I have reasons other than wanting to trip: also anxiety and depression, which is what led me to do 40 Neurofeedback sessions which were very interesting, and which I at times think has changed me a lot, and at other times I doubt how much it did, but it totally helped.

The floatation tank experience I actually ruined for myself and didn't get much out of cause they said not to drink much coffee before using it as that interferes, yet I actually have a problem with drinking too much coffee (odd problem I know...I'm gonna try to quit again in like a week), so I drank like 7 cups before doing it hahahaha, also thought Kratom might make it more interesting, then took too much Kratom to the point that I actually felt like shit from that...all before doing the floatation tank....so yeah, I fucked it up for myself.

I also was disappointed though cause I wanted it to be a true ISOLATION tank and not just floatation, and they had low lighting and you could hear but they had you put in ear plugs, but I wanted an experience like the old school ones from the movie Altered States (well, minus regressing into the form of a proto-human ape hahahahaha) where you are TOTALLY in darkness and can't hear ANYTHING.

That's supposed to add another element: not just the salt in the water to float and some low lighting and ear plugs, but the old school style of COMPLETE darkness like being in a cave (i've been in caves in France, and I'll tell you, that's as dark as anything can be...), sound proofed, etc.

But now that floatation therapy is coming back there are more of these places and they all have a different style, and there's another one near me that seems closer to what I want in terms of isolation, so I think sometime I'll try that, minus the coffee and Kratom, and maybe get a better experience.

It's like there's these different modalities and spiritual practices and stuff people try, but you kind of have to obey certain rules for some of them to work, and some of the time I'll go try these things but not obey all the rules and be like "why didn't it have the effects I wanted?" DUH!!

These things aren't all like taking a drug where you just let it over take you and that's it...like maybe Kambo is....but some of these things involve actually PUTTING IN EFFORT and LISTENING TO INSTRUCTIONS to get something out of.

So yeah...that's something I've learned...if I want to try these things and someone who knows more about it tells me what to do and not to do to get the best out of it, I actually should listen to them...

Fuck it I'd give it a shot. Anything that could change my mindstate from "fuck this life" to "hey I want to live" i'd try

there are a few people about 6 hours from me. Cuz the way I'm feeling anything is worth a shot.

from dudes DF report
" I still can't quite describe how this experience has effected me but I'll say this. Most of the westerners who've tried this substance are new agers and that's just not me. I had to do a lot of reading between the lines with these people and take away my own conclusions. Alot of what I heard was that this "medicine" takes away a condition the natives call "panema" which doesn't have a direct translation but basically means a negative energy or fog that engulfs a person, depression, bad luck, unmotivated, etc. While I know there is something pharmacologically explainable going on here, at the moment I have no other way to describe the effect other than how the natives and new agers have... I feel free from something I didn't even know I was being held down by."

that would be awesome. I've been feeling so fucking suicidal lately I think I will call up some of the people close to me and talk to them. I'm seeing about $300 for "3 day intensive" which isn't too bad. Might just hope a bus and sleep on the streeeet fuck it.

Been messaging a guy in Dallas. I am pretty close to just saying fuck it and renting a car or taking a bus and going (wrecked my car a while back). Call in sick or quit my shitty job. I just feel so fucked right now that I'm willing to try almost anything (ya know. besides taking pharmaceuticals. lol)

Edit: Talked to the guy on the phone for a while. Only problem is he said I need to be off Kratom for 7 days. Fuck. Well lets see how cold turkey off Kratom goes. I've been using a kilo every month -month 1/2 for over a year ;-/. I'm like 97% sure I'll end up there next week.

My mom is allready giving me shit. I'm like JESuS chRIst do you want me to just go kill myself? Can you not ever be supportive of something you don't understand?

Last edited:
^^^I highly suggest checking out psychedelics too man, I find them even better for what your seeking trust me. Kambo should be used in conjunction with psychedelics if your looking to get out of this rut with alternative medicines.

Have you tried DMT before?

-GC

^^^I highly suggest checking out psychedelics too man, I find them even better for what your seeking trust me. Kambo should be used in conjunction with psychedelics if your looking to get out of this rut with alternative medicines.

Have you tried DMT before?

-GC

u new here? hahaha. If only you bothered to look at my post history. I've tried probably 20-30 different psycedelics.. 2cx, 4 sub, mushrooms, lsd, alad ald52 escaline blahblahblah. I've "seen the light" and talked to "god" or whate ver a few times. Still can't stand being alive. So now i am gonna try this. Cuz why the fuck not right?

Any other texicans wanna hop on next mon-wed?.

Now i'm seeing I can't take melatonin either. Fuck. No kratom, no o pce (ketamine is 3 days of non use before kambo so I'm sure o pce is more), no melatonin. ALthough cannabis, alcohol and benzos are still cool just not w/in 24 hours or so.

If the dude wouldn't have told me to be off kratom for 7 days I'd be headed up there tommorrow. That is how desperate I feel to not want to fucking die all the time. I could lie and just keep taking Kratom,, somehow that doesn't seem like a good idea though. It's like why even bother if I can't be honest and do it right.

I vaped DMT once and didn't break through. I felt like I broke time and was feeling so crazy if I had a pistol in the room I woulda blown my brains out. Only psychedelic I gave away after trying once.

I wouldn't mind an ayahuasca ceremony or some such, but I don't think I'll ever vape anything tryptamine like that again.