• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Interview with master Kambo practitioner Simon Scott

I'm not sure, but I swear I read it somewhere. Mayyyyybe it was something else but i'm 99% sure it was this. I read a lot of stuff and it gets all mushed together. Find me somewhere else that talks about taking it orally, I bet you can't ;-)

Look at this link: https://www.entheo-botanica.org/product-page/sananga-eye-drops-tabernaemontana-undulata

I can't open the link where I am, but the preview in google says this: " is historically used as a food and remedy by different Amazonian tribes".

It been 2 weeks since my last kambo session and I still feel good. I'm keeping on my new habits (no cafeine, less rafined sugar, training). Yesterday, I hit the gym after my12h shift, first time in years I did this. No preworkout, a decent legs training and some running, and it felt so great to run, the music in my earphones was crazy! :)

I'm doing three more sessions starting Monday, then after that I'll just be self administering. Excited/scared/nervous etc.

I still feel heaps better than I did a month or so ago before trying it, no constant suicidal ideation, but I feel less good than I did two weeks ago. Looking forward to working with this more and seeing where it takes me.

Have been using Sananga pretty frequently the past few weeks. It really does seem to help me stay more positive and less prone to flying off the handle with rage for petty reasons.

Could it perhaps have been crossed wires from reading about another member of the Apocyanaceae? (dogbane) family?

Because this family of plants is absolutely replete with members which are extremely poisonous. A lot of them contain a white latex (in itself, NOT a good sign in a plant. Never eat or otherwise consume any parts of any plant which when cut or broken, exudes white latex, an awful bloody lot of such plants are very toxic, if not most of them, will be in some degree poisonous)

Apocyanaceae is a family in some respects comparable to the Euphorbiales, in that a great many of the species within genera of the family are
virulently poisonous. (and again with white latex being common, although AFAIK it is generally, unlike Euphorbia latexes, not irritant to corrosive, but simply chock full of toxic constituents.) And a family that one should never, ever consume a member of, unless you know exactly what you are doing and are certain too, that the species you intend to use, is indeed the species you think it to be.)

Some species in the family for example are used as arrow poisons. Such as those in the genus Akokanthera, many species within the genus having names such as 'poisonwood' 'round-leaved poison bush' and various variants including a descriptive epithet prefixed to 'poison tree', and they contain ouabain, a steroidal cardenolide type cardiac glycoside (I.e having action similar to digitalis, the heart medicine, and poison; which is derived from foxglove plants), that does the same kind of things as the poison from Oleanders, or the non-tryptamine-based fractions of the venom of many toads, although these are bufadienolides rather than cardenolides. The bufadienolides being cardiotoxic steroidal glycosides from animal sources, whilst all plants which produce cardiac glycosides produce those of the cardenolide type. Or at least, the bufadienolides are the sole preserve of the animal kingdom's cardiac steroids, with one notable exception, namely the sea squill, Scilla maritima, which is unique in that it produces the otherwise animal-derived bufadienolide type cardiac steroidal glycosides.

These cardiotoxic steroids slow the heart without diminishing, and IIRC indeed, increasing the force of it's beating, when used in medicinal doses as with digitalis, but in non-medical doses, stop the heart altogether. Akokanthera species as I mentioned, having found use in arrow poisons, particularly
ones which are used for poaching elephants. Which is a pretty good indicator, IMO, of quite how poisonous some of these plants can be to humans.

Plants belonging to the Apocyanaceae family need to be treated with the utmost caution, and to be regarded as highly poisonous until confirmed otherwise. Just like the genus Euphorbia. The wrong plant,and you are dead.

I honestly don't think so. I was really only looking at Sananga, voacanga africana, and iboga. I have no clue where I saw it, I'm sometimes have multiple browsers with like 7 tabs open in each one, lol. Perhaps it was possible I saw it written on a site that sells one of the plants you mention as well as what I was looking at? I kind of doubt it though as they are quite poisonous as you have pointed out.

What you posted is interesting though. I read it all, can't say I understand much of it, but wrong plant, dead, got it ;-)

Guy I work with comented tonight I seem "better" the past month. That's cool.

I had 5 points yesterday, and 7 today. It feels way different than the 3 days I did a month ago. I've also been off Kratom, alcohol, and only used a bit of o pce a few times, so perhaps that is a factor. Also, I am in a better mental state than I was.

The first 3 times I had Kambo, I ate afterwards and took 2-4 hour naps, and still woke up feeling blah. Noticeable positive effects weren't noticed until a day or so after the 3 Kambo sessions.

Yesterday and today I feel fine. I feel an energy inside me that says "Do positive shit and stop.being an asshole". It just kinda feels like it's building on what I did a month ago/maintaining the positive effects.

I dunno what else to say I haven't allready. I know there are a lot of suicidal/depressed/fucked up people here. If you feel like life can't get anyworse, I'd say that's the perfecT time for Kambo. It's not "fun", but neither is going to the doctor or hospital, and people do that all the time just for guesswork. If it sounds like it could help you, I would say try it cuz what do you have to lose?

I'm really glad it's been such a help for you man. :) The difference comes across in your posting even. Did you travel to do it again?

Thank you much. It's reaffirming when even internet people can tell a difference In you.

No, I did not travel. He ended up comming here. I've still got one more day tommorrow. He has been showing me how to do it myself properly/safely. I've got 30 something burn marks on me that I did right now, lol. It's not as easy as it looks//sounds to do correctly. Practic makes perfect right?

It's not like it fixes everything either. It's just giving me the mindset to change things and keep trying at life. Perhaps I've finally realized no substance will magically fix everything, and I have to work for it, through pain and pleasure.

I've been thinking about tripping again. I haven't for about a year. The last 2-3 times I tripped, I straight blacked out and woke up on my bed the next day each time. It's like my body was saying " NO. You can't handle this shit, fix your life dumbass"

I might try microdosing something soon. Mushrooms have been on my mind, and I'd really like to micro Iboga root bark.

Last edited:
Yep that's definitely true. That's awesome he was willing to come to you to show you how to do it yourself, sounds like someone who is really in it to help people rather than just to cash in on something.

Yah he's a cool dude. It's really something where if you aren't comfortable with the practitioner, I wouldn't wanna do it. I feel comfortable talking with him, asking questions etc. I mean, there is definitely money involved, people have to eat and live, but you could def. make more if you never taught anyone. I'm sure some people wouldn't at All, and most would only teach people they trust not to do something stupid. Like I agreed to only give it to myself. I know how it feels, I have an inkling of what I'll feel. I honestly wouldn't really wanna give it to anyone with only the knowledge I have. Different people will have all kinds of different reactions, and I'd have no clue what to do about that.

Plus, we all here know it only takes one idiot/death to get something promoted to Schedule 1. Kambo itself is safe, but people will always find a way to fuck things up. No one is gonna be responsible for teaching someone they think is an idiot. Sure go buy it on the internet if you want and cross your fingers, but good luck that. He told me he has had more than one person that had tried it themselves, or someone else administered, and it didn't work or they had like 20 points on and it barely worked. That means urrrrrrrr noooot doing it wright/improperly wrong.

I guess it was right place right time for me. Going from no Kambo to 6 sessions in a month or so. Now it's just like "well fuck, now I don't have a good excuse for not doing shit, I gotta figure this life thing out"

I'm glad that kambo is giving you that push to get better. :)

I tripped a couple of weeks after my first kambo session. My first time in about 4 years. A low dose of allylescaline (around 18-20mg). It's supposed to be a threshold/low dose. I had my usual anxiety during the come-up, but after that it went really well. My CEVs were in warm colors (for years, my visuals were in cold green/blue/purple, but that time it was a warm orange/red). Instead of mindfuck and paranoia, my trip was insightful and full of love and understanding, both for myself and others. But it was definitively stronger than expected. I spent a part of it laying on the floor eyes closed, listening to music and breathing.

I plan to do kambo again in the future, probably next spring/summer when I'll be less busy. For now, I want to keep on eating well and exercising.

I'm glad that kambo is giving you that push to get better. :)

I tripped a couple of weeks after my first kambo session. My first time in about 4 years. A low dose of allylescaline (around 18-20mg). It's supposed to be a threshold/low dose. I had my usual anxiety during the come-up, but after that it went really well. My CEVs were in warm colors (for years, my visuals were in cold green/blue/purple, but that time it was a warm orange/red). Instead of mindfuck and paranoia, my trip was insightful and full of love and understanding, both for myself and others. But it was definitively stronger than expected. I spent a part of it laying on the floor eyes closed, listening to music and breathing.

I plan to do kambo again in the future, probably next spring/summer when I'll be less busy. For now, I want to keep on eating well and exercising.

I always wanted to try MAL and AL. If it's around the same potency as escaline, that is a low dose for sure. I wonder if it was the Kambo, or just 4 years of not tripping plus a more positive mindset, or both? I know Kambo is used before ayahuasca some places to basically get all the purging out of the way. I would assume that makes the aya experience completely different. Even having only taken it five times, I would say I am on board with the people who say the feel a "frog spirit" from this medicine. Not that it is psychedelic in the least (at least that I have experienced), I wouldn't rule out it being able to intermingle with a psychedelic almost as a 2nd chemical taken... at least until I try it, then I can pass judgement ;-) . That's awesome whatever it was you had a nice trip after not for so long. After any extended break, that first time back is like "oh shit what am I doing again?"

I hope you keep up the positive habits you started. Good luck to you.

Three weeks after kambo, my energy level is going down and I'm starting having hot flashes and other symptoms again. At least, I've got my order of sananga, I'll check where I can go with it :)

I am just popping back in to post this.

This medicine saved my life. Full stop, end of story. I would recommend it if you want to kill the shitty part of yourself.

Also,

I have been thinking about Malazan Book of THe Fallen

It's so weird. I remember when I finised the last book, it was like all my friends were gone and I was alone again.

I just finished the book 1 year ago, and I allready forgot how it ended.

I know it was glorious and perfect and everything worked out well. I think that's enough.

Last edited:
Hey man, I was wondering where you got to. So glad you're feeling better. <3 This has truly made my day.

My good friend is reading all of my Malazan booms and he is obsessed, he only laments that it's likely to be the pinnacle of his life's exposure to literature. I told him it's fine because you'll forget all kinds of stuff from them. I know I have. I'm not ready to read them again yet but I will.

Thanks for the kind words Xorkoth

Lol. Your friend is right on the money. I haven't really been able to get into any new fiction after Malazan. What's the point? hahah. I got "Oathbringer" a while back. Maybe I will start reading soon.

I've been reading some really nice books by Jaqueline Carey, called Kushiel's Dart - Kushiel's Chosen - Kushiel's Avatar... really quite good, no Malazan but I'm enjoying them a lot. She wrote a second trilogy after that I'm just starting that takes place a while later with the same characters. I also really enjoyed The Name of the Wind and the sequel to it, by Patrick Rothfuss. He still has to release the third and final one though and it's been a long time. Actually all of the books I just listed are written in first person perspective which is really interesting.

Glad this medicine was able to help you :) got me tempted to give it another try.. I've been stuck at a stalemate it seems as of late, the situation in front of me is a complicated one and my normal bag of tricks ain't cutting it right now.

Are the benefits seemingly long lasting?

-GC

G-chem, you have tried Kambo before? To be honest I've used it about once a week on average since mid August. 3 days in a row introduction. 3 days in a row a month later where guy showed me how to do it myself etc. 3 days in a row 3 weeks ago when I decided I needed to be done smoking weed. Originally, when I got my own i tried every other week for the first month and a half or so. I would just go from feeling OK, like I could actually try and live again, to going back to feeling like death. Finally just said fuck it and started doing it once a week.

I am the exception and not the rule though most likely. I would most likely have killed myself due to a number of issues if I hadn't tried Kambo in August. It depends on what you want to use it for. If you basially enjoy your life, and are minimally stuck, sparingly (1 a month, 1 every 2 months, 2 times a year, whatever) should be fine. If you have some type of chronic illness, then use it as much as you need while your body heals and you figure out what else to do. I will probably stop doing it every week soonish. It makes me happy to see my body/mind is getting better.

I have cut down the amount I use as well. No more intense vibrations while feeling like I am about to pass out (FUN!). Actually, today, I barely felt sick, and had to force myself to vomit. It came out clear with only a tinge of yellow. I have a feeling other changes I have made recently have been helping with chronic inflamation etc I have had that have FUBAR'd my body. I just feel more energized really. Makes sense when you consider the natives use it partially as "hunting" medicine. Our "western" world bodies have been abused from the time we are born.

If you have any questions let me know.