Songs that bring you back

Kittycat5

Bluelighter

I get alot of flack for liking Jonathan Peters but dont care. The man knows how to move a party. He sticks to no formula (well back in the day he didnt, no comment on now). House, vocals, techno, prog, trance all were there if you stayed long enough.

Regarding this particular song. I love the original. JP didnt play it much but one Christmas in the late 90s was on a Sat and he played this. I was on like 3 hits of e and 2 jars of k and the lights were all white and looked like icicles and everyone was smiling and it was awesome.

Last edited:
^ any late 90s dance jam with female vocals i'ma most likely dig, no exception here.

i was trippin on a lot of late 90s early 2k jams rn, but going with this jawn. i remember bumpin this and posting on "low-bee" diplo's forum before he blew up GOOD TIMES!!! https://thump.vice.com/en_us/article/4xpj33/how-diplo-and-the-hollerboard-changed-everything'
"By this point some Hollerboard members have moved on with their lives," says Willy Joy. "Others have become world-famous DJ superstars. But back then we were all just a group of people excited to find others who felt the same way we did about music. It was really a pure and special time in the history of this little corner of dance music."
/me cry

diplo use to open his sets with this !!!

Last edited:
And Joe, I can see how that is a good opening track. Sure says, ok fools, Im here now, lets get this party started.

That Jewel is sweet thanks.

I've also seen icicles then the music changed n I was in Gotham City.

A bush party - the fog set in - so happy I didn't know that.

..me..

Why does it bring you back Noodz?

...tune was popular when I was doing a lot of MDMA. It reminds me of my halcyon days.

I was never a big Trance head, but I really liked this particular mix.

^ love that track. it features on this excellent compilation:

this also features another fave of mine: independance by jonesy. there's a minute-and-a-half build-up/drop in that track which is absolutely insane!

alasdair

I first heard that tune on a Tall Paul/Ministry of Sound Compilation.

It made it into one of Sasha's Global Underground discs as well: San Francisco, Disc 2

:)

Exhibit C:

Exhibit D:

I saw them perform this on the Money tour.

Dayum, this thread got hot hot hot. Great choones

It was often time to go home when this came on. (It was like 11am on Sunday morn though).

Brings me back because my father used to listen to this song when I was a child.
He used to play a lot of electronic and bassy songs and I've found out some time ago how
influential it was for my musical flavor :D