• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Article: Woman gets $400K worth of Oxycodone instead of yoga mat.

PriestTheyCalledHim

Bluelighter
KCBD news said:
ROCK HILL, SC (WSOC/CNN) - A woman walked out to meet her mail carrier, thinking a yoga mat she ordered had arrived. Instead, she was handed a heavy box filled with $400,000 worth of illegal oxycodone.

An evidence photo from York County drug agents shows some of the pills. Another picture from the woman who got the package shows many more - thousands more in the bottom of this box.

They arrived Saturday in a priority mail package shipped from Newport Beach, CA, according to the label.

"Most of this is counterfeit, and it comes from other countries. And it's being shipped in," York County drug agent Marvin Brown said.

It's likely the package was supposed to be sent to the woman's old apartment that's now vacant, and someone was supposed to watch the place and pick it up, he said. Instead, it was forwarded to the woman's new address, he said.

Drugs are shipped this way all the time to places where no one lives, "vacant apartments, homes where people are gone to work for the day, and someone's sitting outside tracking the package, waiting for the trucks to make the delivery," Brown said

The post office knew the woman had moved and didn't deliver it there.

Neighbors were stunned to hear that more than 20,000 oxycodone pills were delivered just doors away from them by mistake.

"It's scary to think that something like that could be just right down the road and so, I'll say, easily accessible," neighbor Nicole Riddle said.

The woman who got the oxycodone immediately called police. Drug agents say they're trying to figure out where the package was headed.

http://www.kcbd.com/story/36511109/woman-gets-400k-package-of-oxycodone-wanted-yoga-mat

would be interesting if a documentary crew followed around a bler who this happened to, then document the next few months of their lives lol

would be interesting if a documentary crew followed around a bler who this happened to, then document the next few months of their lives lol

I know what I'd do. I'd use it, or sell t and buy heroin and use it, then I'd run out, be back where I started.

Honestly I think I’d distribute it for free to my junkies friends in need. Luckily I probably won’t be finding any crazy amounts of pills anytime soon, as knowing me I’d definitely end up getting caught/arrested.

would lead to a series of relapses... pills make me want coke coke makes me think needles, needles make my veins say nope, and screaming veins says bring on the ice age...

I'd be worried about who'd be coming to my door looking for their package. People will do some evil shit for a few pills let alone half a million.

Assuming they are 20mg and a habit of 300-500mg (which is rather large) a day, thats like 3 years of pills. Id buy several guns.

I'd be worried about who'd be coming to my door looking for their package. People will do some evil shit for a few pills let alone half a million.

Yeah, honestly, I would just call the cops and hand the pills in. I would be too paranoid that either (a) some gangster would be looking to retrieve them or (b) that it's some sort of bungled controlled delivery and the cops would be watching to see what I do with them.

Orders yoga mat...fingers crossed

I'm sitting outside of Sears waiting for the bus and I read that and just exploded laughing. Got some weird looks so I wanted to say kudos to you!

Edit: but to put my 2 cents in: I'd be too scared too, I'd call the cops.

Orange County Florida is having a no questions asked prescription drug dropoff like they occasionally do for guns. I'd just quietly get rid of them that way.

Oh fuck that shit. I'm not sure what I would do with them but absolutely no way in a million years would I turn them in.

There's a line between wanting to keep them and self preservation. Tangling with people who traffic pills in that number is bad news.

Which is why I wouldn't get rid of them. All the same risks as using them. None of the reward.

I'd prefer to keep them for a period of time. Stash them somewhere provided I could resist the temptation to use them (probably not) until I was sure nobody would come looking for them.

But if someone did, I'd prefer to have the option of returning them. No way in hell would I just destroy them so not only can't I use them or sell them but now I can't even give them back if someone came looking. I might as well have just used them right from the start if I was gonna do that.

Plus, it's my general philosophy to never dispose of anything of such potential value.

Yeah except they probably know the delivery address. Say that when some Tuco Salamanca like character shows up at your door.
c819aa848345a29004bc28c71d39a537.jpg

Last edited:
And would you wanna tell tuco you took the drugs and had them destroyed like a good little community minded citizen? Id prefer to commit suicide much less painfully with the pills. :)

Seriously, how is having them destroyed any better than keeping them?

/\ if they are trafficking such large quantities I highly doubt they are going to risk being on the radar of the authorities for a little bit of revenge. I'd be pretty confident that who ever was behind the shipment is well aware of who has the product given all the media hype and likely heavy police traffic around the house. Chances of Tuco kicking in your door and holding a gun to your head after the police showed up is far less than if they hadn't.

If they were watching the house they know that the pills are long gone after the police showed up, so the only point of a B&E would be revenge. If there is still a high probability that the pills are still accessible then that gives them about half a million dollars worth of motive to kick in your door and rope you up.