• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Questions for Suboxone/Subutex Users

Krohnoz

Greenlighter
Hi I have been using Heroin on and off for three years now. I would normally stop for a few months only to return to using, because Heroin became the only thing that made me feel okay, and honestly I felt more content and "normal" when I was using than when I was off.
From the first time I tried Heroin I felt more "okay" than I did before ever even trying and opiate. Even if I stopped for 7 months (which I have) I still felt like I was seeing life in black and white which would cause me to return back, and that's the problem because I constantly chase this feeling of balance that opiates gave me.
If each day I could have a mild opiate feeling I feel like I could function better, accomplish so much, live the life I want, and not constantly be looking for the next high or chasing drug.
I don't want a full blown daily "opiate high", but something that will give me the feel good, content, mood lifting, satisfied, anxiety/worry free, everything is okay feeling that an opiate gives me.
With that being said.

My first question is: Does Suboxone/Subutex offer the above? Does Suboxone/Subutex offer a way in a sense for a person to have constant mild opiate/opioid feeling on a day to day basis.

Ive read some threads where people say that they start on the Suboxone, and after about 2 weeks feel "normal".
With that being said.

My second question is: When you take Suboxone or Subutex on a daily basis Do you feel "normal" as in 100% dead sober as if you never took anything at all that day. Or "normal" as in someone who is or was an opiate user where the feeling of an opiate has became their "normal"
Because as I said above I feel more "normal" on an opiate than I ever felt sober.

Thanks, I really want to take the steps to bettering my life.... I'm hoping I can have these questions answered before I go diving into this.

Last edited by a moderator:
For your first question: Subotex does not give you a high if you are already an abuser. If you are not an abuser, you can get a high. But the worst of all is: it makes you fucking addicted as hell. More than Heroin. If you want to quit you have withdrawals symptoms for months. Not for a week - for months! This is what many Subotexer are telling. The only good thing is that you can get it with a description. But you have to take it for the rest of your life. Plus if they find another drugs in your peepee then you will kicked out from your "rehab". So not worth at all IMHO (But this depends how heavily addicted you are. E.g.if you are shooting H, then this could/would be the better option - because it is clean and way more less ("not") harmful to you as shooting dirty street H.)

What I can suggest is Kratom. I read that many heroin addictors switched successful to Kratom/quit their habit with the help of it.

Last edited:
For your first question: Subotex does not give you a high if you are already an abuser. If you are not an abuser, you can get a high. But the worst of all is: it makes you fucking addicted as hell. More than heroin. If you want to quit you have withdrawals symptoms for months. Not for a week - for months! This is what many Subotexer are telling...

... I read that many heroin addictors switched successful to Kratom/quit their habit with the help of it.
Im not looking to get high on Suboxone or Subtex but Im wondering me being an abuser would Suboxone offer the daily relief that opiates gave me or just make me not have cravings

Im not looking to get high on Suboxone or Subtex but Im wondering me being an abuser would Suboxone offer the daily relief that opiates gave me or just make me not have cravings
I think you are OP. As far as I know only combats successfully the withdrawals. "Cravings" will go not away, because it gives you no high. You will still remember that high, but you have only no withdrawals. But it is a painkiller if that is your question.
Also I edited my post above, please read it. Plus I want to add that I was never a Subutex user. So this information you got from me, are not from the first hand.

OP, I was a heroin addict for a long time and can identify with how you feel. First time I did heroin was like finding religion. I was at peace and at one with the world. I could pick it up and put it down for years, so I figured it wouldn't hook me. It did, for 21 years. I did the methadone clinic twice, and finally quit heroin with Suboxone and Subutex. It produces no high, it just makes you feel as though you never heard of heroin. As far as it being a painkiller and having anxiolytic (anti-anxiety) effects, it doesn't. I have chronic pain that is pretty severe and a really nasty panic disorder. Buprenorphine (subs) didn't hep either condition. If you are physically dependent on heroin or some opioid/opiate that you don't medically need, then you will feel like you haven't ingested any substance and is great to kick heroin with. It's much easier to kick than full agonist opioids/opiates. I have kicked Suboxone twice in jail (after weening myself down to 2mg/day, which is a really miniscule dose) and both times I thought if I could be at home and make myself as comfortable as possible, Suboxone withdrawl wouldn't be anything a handful of benzos and some whiskey couldn't take care of. Withdrawls from a low dose are mild ime, way easier than WDs from the full agonist opioids, especially morphine and heroin.

From reading your introductory post, and being able to identify with how you feel, it sounds like a benzo prescription would do you a world of good. Are they habit forming and cause dependence? Yes, of course. But, given my medical conditions, I would rather spend the rest of my life on my prescribed Roxicodone and Xanax than go thru life in severe pain and panic. A lot of people will say "don't get on benzos, they're addictive and blah, blah, blah". I say fuck that, live with pain and panic/anxiety if you want. I will happily spend the rest of my life on high dosages of powerful opioids and benzos (which I will) than feel like shit. It's up to you, but the ultimate choice is feel like shit with the "pride of being substance free and dealing with life on life's terms" (what the dumbasses at NA like to say), or take the medications that make you feel better. That's honest, first hand opinions from someone that has been there, done that, and has the scars to prove it.

OP, I was a heroin addict for a long time and can identify with how you feel. First time I did heroin was like finding religion. I was at peace and at one with the world. I could pick it up and put it down for years, so I figured it wouldn't hook me. It did, for 21 years. I did the methadone clinic twice, and finally quit heroin with Suboxone and Subutex. It produces no high, it just makes you feel as though you never heard of heroin. As far as it being a painkiller and having anxiolytic (anti-anxiety) effects, it doesn't. I have chronic pain that is pretty severe and a really nasty panic disorder. Buprenorphine (subs) didn't hep either condition. If you are physically dependent on heroin or some opioid/opiate that you don't medically need, then you will feel like you haven't ingested any substance and is great to kick heroin with. It's much easier to kick than full agonist opioids/opiates. I have kicked Suboxone twice in jail (after weening myself down to 2mg/day, which is a really miniscule dose) and both times I thought if I could be at home and make myself as comfortable as possible, Suboxone withdrawl wouldn't be anything a handful of benzos and some whiskey couldn't take care of. Withdrawls from a low dose are mild ime, way easier than WDs from the full agonist opioids, especially morphine and heroin.

From reading your introductory post, and being able to identify with how you feel, it sounds like a benzo prescription would do you a world of good. Are they habit forming and cause dependence? Yes, of course. But, given my medical conditions, I would rather spend the rest of my life on my prescribed Roxicodone and Xanax than go thru life in severe pain and panic. A lot of people will say "don't get on benzos, they're addictive and blah, blah, blah". I say fuck that, live with pain and panic/anxiety if you want. I will happily spend the rest of my life on high dosages of powerful opioids and benzos (which I will) than feel like shit. It's up to you, but the ultimate choice is feel like shit with the "pride of being substance free and dealing with life on life's terms" (what the dumbasses at NA like to say), or take the medications that make you feel better. That's honest, first hand opinions from someone that has been there, done that, and has the scars to prove it.
Thank you so far best repy and congrats on being heroin free especially after 21 years damn. I might look into a benzo I just dont know if it will be enough

Damn. I wish this post wasn't so old. I feel like OP was given some really biased answers. Buprenorphine could have been very useful for OP as it does have recognized antidepressant properties. It does not give a high if you already are tolerant to other full agonists, but will give you the "not sick, just normal" type feeling of opioid dependency, which is what it sounded like OP was trying to find, a type of stability that can only come from ingesting an opiate in some form or another. Curious as to what OP ended up doing.