• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

⫸STICKY⫷ ★ Dream Journal : Share your dreams ☯

Woke up like wtf was that, I'm used to odd dreams, but that took the cake. Raining fucking beetles? Wonder what brought that on.

I had a dream last night where I was lost in the desert. Full-blown hallucinations and delirium too. I just kept walking and walking, would see a pool of clear water, and when I got there, it was gone. Finally as I'm walking I feel something hit me on my shoulder, in my delirium I think it's rain. When I look up it is raining... scarabs... then I woke up.

Oddest dream I've ever had, I've been to a desert once in my life, and have never seen a scarab.

Wow, that reminded me of an amazing story about the psychoanalyst Carl Jung:

"in his book Synchronicity Jung tells the following story as an example of a synchronistic event:
My example concerns a young woman patient who, in spite of efforts made on both sides, proved to be psychologically inaccessible. The difficulty lay in the fact that she always knew better about everything. Her excellent education had provided her with a weapon ideally suited to this purpose, namely a highly polished Cartesian rationalism with an impeccably "geometrical" idea of reality. After several fruitless attempts to sweeten her rationalism with a somewhat more human understanding, I had to confine myself to the hope that something unexpected and irrational would turn up, something that would burst the intellectual retort into which she had sealed herself. Well, I was sitting opposite her one day, with my back to the window, listening to her flow of rhetoric. She had an impressive dream the night before, in which someone had given her a golden scarab ? a costly piece of jewellery. While she was still telling me this dream, I heard something behind me gently tapping on the window. I turned round and saw that it was a fairly large flying insect that was knocking against the window-pane from outside in the obvious effort to get into the dark room. This seemed to me very strange. I opened the window immediately and caught the insect in the air as it flew in. It was a scarabaeid beetle, or common rose-chafer (Cetonia aurata), whose gold-green colour most nearly resembles that of a golden scarab. I handed the beetle to my patient with the words, "Here is your scarab." This experience punctured the desired hole in her rationalism and broke the ice of her intellectual resistance. The treatment could now be continued with satisfactory results.
? Carl Jung,

Wow, I just woke up from a complex dream that I'm glad was just a dream... but so realistic. In it, my girlfriend and I were hanging out, we were at my parents' house. But we weren't together anymore, we were just friends. Everything was more or less the same, except there was nothing romantic between us. There was still love, but it was just close friendship. This seemed normal but somewhat sad to me at first. I kept finding myself wanting to hold her hand, or kiss her, and then remembering and having a twinge of sadness. I don't remember all the stuff that was going on but there was some sort of mission happening the whole time. I remember the last parts though, we woke up in the morning (were still sharing my parents' guest room) and we were brushing our teeth and shit, and there was this really poor-quality toilet paper, and I offered to go to the store for some that wasn't abrasive and terrible. So I drove my mom's car to the store. The town I grew up in/where my parents live was different, in the same way it usually is in my dreams. I find it interesting that it's always different in the same way, it's like two different versions of the town exist, but one only exists in my head. When I got back, my girl was talking to her ex-boyfriend on the phone, and she put him on speaker so we both talked to him (this actually happens, he's a good friend, basically they ended up the same way she and I were in my dream, they're good friends, their romance just died over time but they still cared about each other, he's a friend of mine too and we'll have 3-person conversations on the phone). He was asking why on Earth we broke up, and she wasn't telling him why, and then I realized I didn't know why either, and I started to get really sad and kinda scared, because why couldn't I remember? What happened? Oh my god, what did I do? I started to feel this emptiness when I thought about kissing her and being sweet with her and making love with her and it felt a little like panic.

Anyway, we hung up the phone and finished getting ready, and then it was time to go to my parents' church to see this composer guy that my girlfriend knew in the dream, he had a pianist and some strings rehearsing. When we got there, we were trying to be quiet and respectful, but this composer guy was talking loudly and not paying attention. We said hi and he had his son there who was a little boy and he was really cute. My girlfriend introduced me as her friend, which, again, made me feel weird and bad. I started watching the musicians, and the pianist was excellent, but the string players were ridiculous... they were playing super quietly, the only reason I could hear them was because I was right next to them. One of them was playing on her phone with one hand and sort of just aimlessly tapping the strings with the other; one of them was holding the neck of a cello and lightly tapping the string side of it against the edge of a table and talking to the person next to him. It was weird, I was thinking like, what the hell guys, why don't you try being serious? This pianist is incredible!

After a short time we went outside and explored the grounds, and I had a memory of being involved in setting up the facilities. My friend-girlfriend needed to look the weather up because we were going to go camping, but instead of using her phone, I told her we should use this search engine I installed outside. We walked over to it; it was one of those big black panels that you might see hanging over a highway that the crude orange lettering shows up on, where it might say Amber Alert, or Seatbelts Save Lives, or something. Although I already knew what it looked like and "how it worked" since I had made it, I showed her, and at this point the dream was a little meta and I think I had some slight inkling that I was dreaming and I also wanted to show myself because half of me was confused as to how such a highway sign could be a search engine. We walked around back and I had installed some little box on there (I also noticed a security camera hanging down and facing out towards the road that was behind it). In the front, so that you'd be facing the lettering, there was a control panel. Somehow, you could search the Internet with it, even though it would only be able to show you simple, giant orange letters. In any case, she found out that the weather was supposed to be nice, so we went back to my parents' house to gather our things.

Once we got back there, my dad wanted to come camping with us. In my dream he was healthy and whole (in reality he has ALS and is paralyzed and absolutely miserable and it's the worst thing I have ever had to deal with at this point and usually in my dreams by now he's like he is in real life, so in retrospect it's both sad and wonderful to have experienced him healthy again), and after we gathered our things, we got into the car and he was driving. We were heading over to my uncle Ken's house to get something else, and then we were going to head to an unspecified place to camp. Somehow my girlfriend's cat was in the car as we were driving. I noticed when we were still in the neighborhood, she was meowing at the door, she wanted to get out. I told my dad and girlfriend that we should stop for a second and let her out before we weren't in the neighborhood anymore, because she shouldn't go camping with us, and anyway she didn't want to go with us. They seemed unconcerned, but for some reason it was giving me anxiety and I was getting annoyed at them. They told me that "if she was still there" (how could she not be if we don't let her out??) when we got to uncle Ken's, we could just drop her back off. I thought that was dumb because, like, just stop for a second and I'll open the door and she can get out. For some reason this situation was really annoying to me.

Then I looked at my girlfriend. She smiled at me, and I suddenly just really wanted to kiss her. I went to kiss her and she pulled back and looked at me funny. All of a sudden I got really sad again, and panicky. I couldn't remember why she broke up with me, but I remembered the event, she told me she thought we shouldn't see each other anymore but she wants to still be friends. I did want to still be friends, I value her greatly as a friend, but I didn't want to break up. I sat there in silence, too afraid to say anything, but all I could think was, I'm still in love with you, baby! Don't you still love me? What happened to us? This isn't right! All I wanted to do was kiss her and snuggle up to her. I was thinking about it and getting closer and closer to tears. I wanted to tell her what I was feeling so bad but I didn't want to make her uncomfortable or feel bad. Because in truth, I didn't feel like she had done anything wrong, I had the impression, even though I couldn't remember, that I had done something to result in the breakup. We were still close, too, like it felt almost the same but I missed the romantic connection so much. Finally I felt the tears about to come, and then I woke up. I had tears in my eyes and it took me a minute to realize that it was just a dream because the whole thing felt so real.

But yeah, glad that was a dream... it was one of those dreams where I woke up to my alarm, and then fell back to sleep for an hour. Those are always the most vivid ones.

Last edited:
Those are always rough man, especially when your girl had those kinda dreams. I got slapped once and asked "why did you break up with me", because an ex had a dream I'd left her.

3 months later I did, so maybe she was just psychic.

Haha, my ex was like that, she would be mad at me the next morning when she had a dream that I did something to her. I was always like ... the fuck? Control yourself, you can't treat me like shit because you had a dream that I did something to you. My girl now sometimes has dreams I was seeing someone else on the side or whatever, and she wakes up and is all sweet and tells me and then I give her a hug and tell her I would never do that and everything's good. :)

Thats always nice, I dated a girl for a few months, that when we got high, shed try to go get her gun. Was muttering about how he can't leave me, all kinds of paranoid. Needless to say, I usually locked the guns up when dope was around, glad that didn't last long.

I'll call it a lapse in judgement.

Wow damn man, that's intense. Yeah my girl is as peaceful as I am, it's great. She just doesn't want to fight, and neither do I. It's been 3 and a half years and we've literally never fought, it's pretty crazy. Other than her being depressed, she's perfect.

My ex once told me after a fight that she had been a breath away from stabbing me 50 ttimes in the chest and neck with the kitchen knife she'd been holding (she was chopping vegetables at the time and it didn't even occur to me I might have just been murdered). She was really intense, her anger could get triggered at any time for stupid shit even, like for example one time there was a fight that ended up with her leaving a bloody gouge by my left eye and her screaming how worthless I am that started because I had stacked the mixing bowls wrong. I was with her for 12 years... call it a lapse in judgement. =D So I sometimes feel like my lovely girlfriend is relationship karma.

Lol a 12 year lapse in judgement, those are the worst. I was high 99% of mine, and to be fair to her I was a pretty shitty boyfriend. Never cheated on her, but I did disappear for days on end quite a bit.

Ot: I had a dream last night where I was back on the streets, talking to an old friend of mine who I haven't seen in years. We'll call him John.

John was homeless, but literally the smartest man I've ever met. He had gone to school to be a neurosurgeon, he loved talking about that sort of thing, but what had happened was his wife and young daughter had died in a car accident a year or so before he would've gotten his degree. He turned to heroin and fell off the face of the earth.

Anyway, in the dream I was homeless again, junked out of my mind, John was there. We were talking philosophy, as we often did. He suddenly looked at me and asked if I wanted to know what life meant, of course I did, as he was about to tell me I woke up.

Ah man, you were about to figure it out!

That's a sad story, man what a tragedy.

It really is. Reminds me that life is fickle, we need to enjoy it while we can, man had everything, and one tragedy made it all crumble In his fingers.

I really wonder how he's doing, I really need to try and find him again.

It really is. Reminds me that life is fickle, we need to enjoy it while we can, man had everything, and one tragedy made it all crumble In his fingers.

I really wonder how he's doing, I really need to try and find him again.

Don't.
Not if it may lead you back.into those areas of Use again
Just think of him
Pray / send good thoughts his way.
That would be my advice anyway

Part of me thinks you're right, another part sincerely doubts he's still around, and just wants to know.

As you get older there will likely be Many ppl who touch your life in a very sweet way.like that, or make a close connection that you hate to lose..... then stuff happens and yep you lose track of them
Sadly we sometimes have to just accept what time we had with them and make peace with Never Knowing, what ever happened to them. It hurts but it's a part of life.

Honestly the lesson he taught me, is the one that keeps me going. He lost everything, and he still gave his all to help others, man saved my life.

Kind of a guardian Angel.
I had one of those too. I don't think I will ever see them again.

But back to business: Dream reports.
My dreams lately make zero sense. They are just fragments, flashes. No plot no rhyme or reason. I see my Dad in them alot which Is nice. He's usually around age 30-50 , it's sweet to see him so young again
I have my little secret hopes that beyond death, if there's any consciousness of ones human identity, that the person experiences a pleasant and happy Youth, again..... but who knows.

I can relate to the dreams not making sense. Dreamt it was raining beetles ffs.

Last night i dreamt I was on fire, the odd thing was it wasn't uncomfortable. In fact I remember being really calm about it, like "well I guess this is happening". No heat, no pain nothing, beats the usual horror shows though.

Maybe you had a fever for real.

But I would think you'd experience either heat or chills in that case.
God only knows how many months / years your brain needs of Peace, substance-free time in order to properly heal and grow back what the drugs killt off.
Gonna take time.

I had weird dreams as a kid too, I don't think that's ever going away.

After my.mom died (I was pretty young still n that was my first loss of a REALLY close person ) I read books about dreams n spiritual things and I looked into mediums and their take on it all
James van pragh (feels like I'm spelling that wrong) says that if we dream of a person who is dead, it's actually their spirit visiting us.

Who knows if that's correct but it's certainly a comfort. I really enjoy catching my dad in my dreams. It took about a year , after his death before he started to appear in my dreams. My brother n my daughter both had dreams and other sensory "connections " with my dad Far earlier than I did. But that makes sense as they were both emotionally closer to the old man.