• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

⫸STICKY⫷ ★ Dream Journal : Share your dreams ☯

Then you wake up to a damp bed? =D Whenever I've dreamt that I was trying to find a bathroom I always woke up having to go.

I dreamt last night... Only remember it vaguely now. Was making out with an ex in one part but there were people watching then she mentioned something about her boyfriends lol. Another part I was having something done in the hospital. Something to do with puting me under with general anesthesia.

I wake up and still have to go, even if I felt myself peeing in my dream. No damp beds. =D

I've had so many crazy dreams these past few nights that I need to post the highlights and get caught up here...

January 25-26, 2019: "Donny Hathaway And A Shooting/Riot"

(In real life, singer/songwriter Donny Hathaway died in 1979 after falling from his hotel in an apparent suicide.)

I was working at a diner and went for a walk on my lunch break. I found myself on the scene where Donny Hathaway had committed suicide by jumping from his hotel window. For some reason I had to temporarily take his place and "play dead" while the coroners took my body away, which was very stressful and claustrophobic.

When I went back to being myself again, I stopped into a nearby gym and saw Danny from The Shore Store on "Jersey Shore" working behind the counter. I walked up further down the road and saw a waitress stumble out from a West Indian restaurant, fatally shot.

Some guy shoved one of her co-workers, who fell into the street and hit the back of his head very hard. This sparked off a full-blown riot, and gangs of people began to attack each other everywhere. A bunch of them started chasing me, so I ran as fast as I could until I couldn't see them anymore.

January 26-27, 2019: "Counselling Job And A Middle Eastern Wedding"

I was working as a therapist and counselling a young woman who was acting very erratically. I wasn't sure how to handle her and asked my own therapist for advice. For some reason, he thought that attending a wedding ceremony in some Middle Eastern country would help give me confidence.

Apparently I broke some social taboo and we got banished to the edge of the desert, where members of the wedding party doused us with blood from both a pig's head and a human head!

I ended up in the basement of the house where I grew up, trying to simultaneously wash the blood off and keep meth addicts from breaking in to rob us.

January 27-28, 2019: "French Art Film And Blue Eggs"

I was watching an old surrealistic French film that made me want to get drunk for some reason, and I realized that I shouldn't see it because I try to abstain from alcohol these days. It featured several seemingly-unrelated scenes, and the only one that I remember had a boxer's statistics scrolling up the screen.

I found a jar of pickled eggs at a supermarket that had turned blue from some kind of metallic (copper?) ore after sitting around too long, so I took them off the shelf.

January 28-29, 2019: "$17 Beer And Other Oddities"

I ordered a glass of draught beer at a bar and the owner's wife charged me $17 for it because it was "boiled-down beer", which was supposedly stronger or better in some way. I told her that I didn't want it but she said that I still had to pay her, then her husband started shooting a rifle (or shotgun) outside and ranting about the end of the world. I realized that they were psychotic so I just gave her the money and left.

My mom said that I ruined her Thanksgiving dinner by putting soy sauce on it.

I found a mafia-themed chess set that had pictures of Al Capone on it.

I was getting ready to jam with Paul McCartney on the beach and worried that I wouldn't sound good.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer

I dreamt about my old dog Ben last night. He died in 1994 at the age of 15. I was very pleased to see him and he was pleased to see me too. I was aware he was very young looking which did strike me as curious but our mutual happiness at being re-united over rode my suspicions. I did wonder who was looking after him as I knew it had been a while since I had seen him, but he was always wandering off, I was known as Ben's owner in my local town.

He was much loved by a lot of people, people who I didn't know until I turned up to take him home. He would get fed at the railway buffet, the hospital kitchens, a butchers and at least two families to my knowledge.

He really was my best friend.

That's really nice to get to see your old dog. :) Sometimes I get to hang out with my dad before he was paralyzed from ALS in my dreams, in fact last night I did (and I also dreamed my girlfriend had it and I was crying so hard in despair :().

When I was a kid, I was really scared of dogs because when I was 2, a dog down the road bit my hand. I don't remember that, but I do remember being terrified of dogs. But then our next door neighbor's dog, Nicki, taught me otherwise. She was a beautiful collie, and even though there were leash laws, we lived in an insulated neighborhood and Nicki just roamed free. She had various families she knew, but we were her favorite. About every other day, she'd come over in the evening. We'd be eating dinner and she'd knock at the door and we'd let her in. Usually she'd spend the night. She was amazing, just the best dog, sweet, really smart, and everyone loved her. Her owners were thinking about moving and said they'd give her to us because it wouldn't be fair to her to take her away. Then she got cancer and had to be put down, it was the first time I ever encountered death in a personal way while being old enough to process it.

Yeah, it's the last and biggest favour a dog can do for you. The loss of a dog is devastating but it helps you realise life goes on and learning how to grieve and be able to carry on is a sad but v.important lesson for the future.

I haven't been sleeping much lately but here's one I remember...

January 29-30, 2019: "Computer Takeover"

I was playing a 2nd-person running/jumping/shooting videogame on a system like the old X-Box or PlayStation. I realized that the better I scored at it, the more power this artificial intelligence program was acquiring. (Think of a cross between "1984" and "The Matrix".)

I tried committing "videogame suicide" by either getting my character killed or simply turning the game off, but nothing was working. Furthermore, I realized that prematurely leaving the game would enable it to take full control of my life (Finances, Social Security number, etc.).

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer

After a long period of insomnia, I had a bunch of crazy dreams this past week but never got around to posting them...

February 16-17, 2019: "Trading My Car"

I traded my car (which I love) for an old beat-up white minivan at the dealership and immediately regretted it. I kept trying to drive out of a parking garage but couldn't find the exit. I think that I worked there at times too because I remember feeling foolish in front of my co-workers at one point.

I got out of the van and walked through the building, where I found my friend (a stay-at-home mom in real life) working in the repair center. She wore the classic light blue gas station overalls and was completely covered in dirt and grease, which I found to be amusing. She came along to show me how to get out. In my new van I found a martini with green olives in a large clear plastic cup, so I gave it to her before I left.

Chuck Negron from Three Dog Night (the "Jeremiah was a bullfrog..." dude) somehow ended up with me and I had to give him a ride somewhere before I went home.

Oh yeah, and there was a female friend of my mom's out in the parking lot pooping into a white plastic bucket!!!

Same Night: "Scenes From A Windy Pier"

I found myself somewhere in Chicago and people were flying kites from a pier that stretched over a large body of water. The wind was so strong that a young boy got lifted off the ground and I was afraid that he would fall in.

(This part is hard to explain...) There was a guy who started as an eccentric Elon Musk-type white businessman but ended up being some South American gang leader. At first he was talking about the death of his daughter, then she was alive and he was fighting with his ex-wife for custody of her. At one point he placed the little girl on top of a shelving unit and asked me to watch her, which terrified me because I was too far away to catch her if she fell.

I accidentally set the pier on fire with a bunch of pine branches that I was burning and threw a bucket of water on it, but it kept spreading until the lake/pond was on fire as well. It eventually went out and the guy came back for his daughter, so I was finally able to leave.

They were having a bodybuilding competition like Mr. Olympia on the pier and it reminded me how out-of-shape I've gotten, at least compared to when I used to work out at the gym all the time. I tried to "puff up" the best I could as I walked away, and thought about starting to lift weights again.

(The next night's dream is a long crazy one so I'll pick up where I left off when I have time to post it.)

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer

Hey dreamflyer! :)

I've been having a lot of trouble sleeping deeply lately, which sucks, but at least it's great for vivid dreams. Last night I very intense dreams all night, they changed slightly every time I woke up but were all related. I remember the last one quite well. Me and my girlfriend (who was at various times mostly my actual girlfriend but a little my ex-wife, and at other times mostly my ex-wife and a little my girlfriend) were scheduled to take a plane to Illinois to visit my parents. We were in a snowy town that strangely was this dream compilation town of the town I grew up in (that we were supposedly going to go visit on the plane). For some reason the airport was in this giant mall reminiscent of the mall I grew up near (which is one of the largest in the country). We waited in line and everything and right before we got to the front, I realized I didn't have my ID, and it was sitting at home. It stressed me out because we only had an hour until the flight started boarding and it was a 40 minute round trip to the house and back, and we still had to walk out of the mall and get to the car.

Well we started walking, and got outside, and it was dark, and we both realized we couldn't remember where we parked. It was my girlfriend's car, which doesn't have an automatic unlock or a panic button or anything, so we had to walk all over the place to try to visually find it in the dark. There were SO many parking lots, and it started to feel hopeless. Time went on as we kept looking and eventually it got so late that we missed the last flight out for the day. There was a surprisingly consistent and detailed layout to the mall, I was planning routes to cover areas we hadn't yet been, and it was always consistent (unusual for my dreams). As time went on, my girlfriend started to turn more and more into my ex-wife, and she started to be really, really slow, wanting to stop and shop at places and so on. I was feeling really frustrated about it (one of the things that I always hated about her was how incredibly slowly she moved, especially when we had a deadline to meet, when she felt rushed she would purposely dig in her heels and move more slowly). Eventually I got exasperated and told her I felt exasperated, and she gave me this creepy look that she gave me in real life before when she was going crazy and pulled a fire alarm. Then the rest of the dream was spent running and trying to evade cops and fire marshalls who figured out someone pulled the alarm and were trying to find whoever did it.

Oh I remember the earlier dream now... it was much more pleasant. I was in this dream world I can't ever recall being in before, which is highly unusual. It was also snowy. In it, I was with various friends including my oldest friend, and we were at some festival or something, and it was night time. We were going all around, the whole thing took place in this forest where I had a map of all the trails in my mind, and when you came out of the forest it was a wintery, barren cornfield where people had tents set up. I don't remember all the details but we were going all around on various missions, to find people, to get beer, to do drugs, generally just having a great time, festival-style. :) At one point I met up with some people and we jammed. That's all I really remember but it lasted a long time and it was really fun. :)

I had a dream just now before I woke up... my ex called me and asked if I could come over to her mom's place... somehow her mom lived in this shitty little apartment in my town. I went over and her mom was clearly all methed out (in real life this would never happen). My ex didn't know what to do and just wanted my help. I went around the apartment cleaning up and talking to her mom, who was telling stories of an abusive meth-head boyfriend. I went around and covertly threw away the drugs around the apartment while my ex talked to her mom. She was really grateful and it felt good to do. Afterwards she apologized for all the divorce stuff and told me she just felt really rejected but she would sign the property settlement agreement now and we don't have to go to court and she wouldn't try to take anything from me. I felt so relieved and the animosity I feel towards her melted away, and I was glad I could help. Then I woke up... and wished it hadn't been a dream.

Oh man, I'm so far behind on these. Here's where I left off...

February 17-18, 2019: "Ex-Girlfriend At Party"

I ended up sharing a room with my emotionally abusive ex-girlfriend at some large house on the beach where the owner was throwing a party. I was trying to avoid her but part of me still missed her for some reason. I showed her a stack of pen drawings that I had made that became animated when you looked at them. The one that I remember was a snowy winter scene of somebody's front porch with holiday decorations, people walking around and a little black dog. (Before bed I had been watching a video of this insanely trippy computer game called "Fran Bow Chapter 3: Vegetative State", where the tree-person is followed around by a little black kitty.)

I told her that my dad passed away last year and she said, "Good.", which obviously shocked and appalled me. I asked how she could say something so terrible and she said, "Well, he never had anything good to say about you anyway so why should you care?"! (That's not true; He always bragged about me. Miss ya Dad.) I stormed out of the room and joined the party. It might have been Halloween because a bunch of girls were dressed up like princesses and things.

A young Corey Haim was there and he seemed to idolize me for some reason. He wanted me to give him drawing lessons and I laughed, saying that he could find a much better artist than me. I tried to give him some life advice, but I partly knew that his life had already ended and so I couldn't really help in any way. It was sad.

Ron Howard was also there and I had supposedly known him when we were young. He was reminiscing about how Marion Ross from "Happy Days" used to bake us giant gingerbread cookies with vanilla frosting on them! His brother came over in a wheelchair and apparently had some terminal illness.

I overheard my ex telling horrible lies about me to the other guests and they seemed to believe her. I went over to speak my mind but they all started to turn on me so I left and went out on the beach. Meanwhile, my mom (yep, she was there too) spoke up for me and I guess that the others realized my ex was making things up. As everybody was leaving, my ex came up to me and said, "There was a lot of trouble tonight, and it's all YOUR fault!".

(I'll post more when I have time.)

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer

I've been having a lot of trouble sleeping deeply lately, which sucks, but at least it's great for vivid dreams. Last night I very intense dreams all night, they changed slightly every time I woke up but were all related. I remember the last one quite well. Me and my girlfriend (who was at various times mostly my actual girlfriend but a little my ex-wife, and at other times mostly my ex-wife and a little my girlfriend) were scheduled to take a plane to Illinois to visit my parents. We were in a snowy town that strangely was this dream compilation town of the town I grew up in (that we were supposedly going to go visit on the plane). For some reason the airport was in this giant mall reminiscent of the mall I grew up near (which is one of the largest in the country). We waited in line and everything and right before we got to the front, I realized I didn't have my ID, and it was sitting at home. It stressed me out because we only had an hour until the flight started boarding and it was a 40 minute round trip to the house and back, and we still had to walk out of the mall and get to the car.

Well we started walking, and got outside, and it was dark, and we both realized we couldn't remember where we parked. It was my girlfriend's car, which doesn't have an automatic unlock or a panic button or anything, so we had to walk all over the place to try to visually find it in the dark. There were SO many parking lots, and it started to feel hopeless. Time went on as we kept looking and eventually it got so late that we missed the last flight out for the day.

Ha ha, the next dream I have to post (Feb 18-19) was a "losing car" one! I have at least one of those every month or so. I also have the combinations of people and places, which makes them really hard to describe. It's funny how so many people share the same dream themes. How often do your teeth fall out or you find yourself naked in public? I don't even bother posting those anymore because they're so frequent and common.

I've actually only had the teeth falling out one a couple of times ever, but I had my eyeballs fall out a few times, too (but I could still see). I haven't really had the naked in public one much. I occasonally have dreams where I'm back in high school, but I'm also the current me, and I'll find myself totally unaware of what I'm supposed to be doing or what classes I'm in, but I don't care at all because I think to myself "I'm 35 years old, I already did this shit". =D

I frequently have dreams of my abusive ex where I want to be with her again in the dream for some reason, but I also really, really don't, but I find myself having already gotten back with her and then I remember about my girlfriend and it's this terrible sense of guilt and regret. It's the single most frequent theme in my dreams though I have plenty of dreams that aren't that, too.

I'm still trying to get caught up here...

February 17-18, 2019: "Scenes From Stop & Shop/My Parents Hated Me"

I went to Stop & Shop for groceries and bought sourdough bread plus some cold cuts. After I was done shopping I couldn't find my car in the parking lot. I remembered that I had parked it inside the store for some reason and went back inside. By then my "car" had turned into a piece of spearmint chewing gum, which I found in the cooler section next to a display of Olivia Newton-John CDs!

There were homeless people living in the back room and I remember thinking that I would try to find space there if ever I didn't have a place to live. I wanted to give them a few dollars but didn't have any cash left on me.

After I picked up my gum/car, my cousin came up to me with a zipper bag filled with Xanax and asked me to hold them for him; He had apparently bought them from a lady who worked there. I put them in my pocket but gave them back when we got out to the parking lot because I didn't want to get caught with them.

Back at home I fried up slices of bread with mashed bananas (yum) late at night and didn't like the way it came out (well duh). My mom showed up and started yelling at me for not filing my taxes yet, then my dad started saying that I had been getting drunk at 8am (I hardly ever drink anymore in real life) and that I was a loser, bum, etc. Then they started giving me a hard time about not wearing a seatbelt (I ALWAYS do) among other things.

I went for a walk and my mom came along, continuing to criticize me. At that point I remembered that my dad passed away last year but never realized that I was dreaming. I asked her how I was able to see/hear him and she said something about how we all pass on to another realm. I said, "So are WE dead too?" and she said no.

We went to a liquor store to buy vodka for him and my old doctor was there. I made it clear that it wasn't for me but he didn't seem to believe me. Suddenly I was in his office to have my blood drawn for testing. Robin Williams (yes, the late comedian/actor!) came in to do it and didn't disinfect the area before he stuck the needle in. He messed up somehow and blood spurted everywhere.

Later at home I heard that there was an Ebola virus outbreak in our area. When I looked in the mirror my eyes were bright red, which I assumed was from internal bleeding due to the illness.

The next thing I remember is showing up at my therapist's office and being told that I had been dropped as a patient because I failed some questionnaire the last time. The question was:

If one of our office staff members didn't have any money, would you...

1) Offer them money?
2) Bring them a glass of water?
3) Do nothing?

I had answered "water" because I usually don't have any cash on me to offer and I tried explaining that to them, but they didn't seem to care. When I left, I got on the wrong highway and didn't realize it until I was lost. I got off an exit and walked into some kind of country club to ask for directions. They told me that I owed them money for some golf lessons that I had signed up for, and I told them that I don't even play golf!

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer

Nice to see you posting again after a break. :) Your dreams always amuse me, you describe them well.

I'll get caught up here eventually...

February 19-20, 2019: "Dangerous Sandwich And A Space Station Mission"

I was reading about some gyro/souvlaki-type pita sandwich that was supposed to be like the greatest in the world, but having too many of them was known to give the consumer some kind of tics and spasms like Tourette's Syndrome or Parkinson's Disease. I decided that I would just try one and went out in search of it.

As I was driving down the road late at night, I saw what looked like two suns in the sky. I pulled over to see what was going on and somebody said that there were astronauts working on the Space Station up there. Even though they were supposed to be in outer space, I could see them as though they were barely at cloud level. I grabbed my phone to take some pictures before they left.

Their cords were attached to a large spacecraft that looked sort of like a battleship or aircraft carrier with many short mechanical "legs" on the bottom like a centipede. They landed in the parking lot and assorted space creatures started running loose. One was a big red lobster and I joked that it would be great with stuffing! There was also a two-headed baby goat or lamb that walked upside down, and a bunch of little thin worms that got all over me. The astronaut warned me to get right into a shower so that I wouldn't become contaminated with radiation or "space germs" from them.

Eventually I continued my sandwich search and found a convenience store that sold them, but I realized that I didn't have any cash with me. The sandwich was called something like "Pharabraha".

Feb 20-21, 2019: "Woman Trapped In Computer Program"

There was a woman who was supposed to be friends with the Beach Boys back in the 1980's and her consciousness had somehow gotten trapped in my computer software. She didn't seem to be in any distress and we started talking. She told me that she worked at a "Tomlinson's" or "Thompson's" deli on La Cienega Boulevard in California. She had a Beach Boys bootleg of songs I had never heard before and I played it on my PC.

Feb 22-23, 2019: "Prison/Selling Flammable Merchandise"

I was in prison for some reason and my cellmate was a young white dude who seemed nice. I got the impression that he was there for drugs and not anything violent. It was my birthday in the dream and he ordered some rock concert (can't remember the band) from Pay-Per-View as my present. I saw some other dude get hit from behind with a baseball bat and pretended like I didn't see it so I wouldn't have to "rat" on the assailant. The jail had a large library and I planned on visiting it if I got the chance.

Back home, my family was selling large equipment like lawnmowers and they were all filled with some highly-flammable "fuel" like kerosene or butane. I was looking for a safe place to empty them out before anybody bought them.

(I have a few more from these past few nights but I need to get off the computer for now.)

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer

I was walking down the road I lived in as a child. I was with a friend, not sure of his identity, but I was comfortable with him. We were smoking a joint and it actually worked, but he threw it on the ground and it sizzled as he stepped on it. I was sure there was a bit left but said nothing. Then overhead two pterodactyls flew past in formation. They were huge and moved fast. I said "those are real. you can tell they are real because they are flying, you can dress elephants up as mammoths and cows as aurochs but you can't mess like that with flying animals."

The pterodactyls swooped down and landed in the field behind my childhood home. We carried on walking away.

FADE OUT...

Most of my recent dreams have been extremely short and vague, and usually hard to remember. These are just a few that might be noteworthy...

Feb 25-26, 2019: "Getting My Car Fixed"

I had been in a car accident and went to the body shop where it was being worked on. When I went inside, they had a small restaurant/bar/lounge area near the waiting room and it was sort of a party atmosphere. There was also an Asian market that sold Chinese Coca Cola but I didn't have enough cash to buy it.

A young woman was there that I don't recognize from real life (mid-30's, attractive, full-figured, short brown hair), and she seemed to like me. I said something nice to her and she kissed my hand sweetly. (I actually woke up "missing" this young lady and thought of her throughout the day!)

Feb 27-28, 2019: "Magic Map"

I had a world map that when you drew something like a body of land on it, it would actually change the planet's geography.

Mar 4-5, 2019: "Creepy Lion Dude/Luke Perry"

The TV was showing an anthropomorphic fetishism (I think that's the correct term) club where people go to see humans who look like animals. I'm not sure if they were people in makeup or androids, but they were kinda creepy. One demonic-looking Lion/Man said that he spoke in the 'seven branches of Latin".

I went on Wikipedia to read how Luke Perry died and it said that he had stepped on a stingray or something in the water and had a fatal reaction to it.

(Yippee, I'm finally caught up on these!)

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer