Scary music for Halloween

mal3volent

Bluelight Crew
Trying to think of some good songs that either have scary/unnerving lyrics, spooky/haunting music, etc. They don't have to be explicitly about Halloween, I'd prefer they not be actually. It needs to be good music that you would listen to anyway but it happens to fit with the theme.

For example, Nebraska by Bruce Springsteen. Not cheesy or Halloween themed at all but the lyrics fit and it's an awesome song.

Also, 3AM by Eminem. Crazy lyrics probably drug induced but scary musically as well.

Go wild with the variety if you want. Any genre will do just make sure it doesn't suck.

thanks. :)

Sonic Youth's Confusion is Sex album always fit the bill for me for what halloween feels like. Has this film noir vibe to it, very visceral and foreboding but not blatantly ghoulish or indulgent.

There aren't any real lyrics, just autobahn repeated over and over, but I love this song on Halloween, the sounds it produces at loud levels are a little creepy and tend to make people freak out a bit. More weird then frightening.

Great stuff guys...thanks. Anyone know of something a little more lyrical? Hoping to balance out the dreamy ethereal stuff.

Great stuff guys...thanks. Anyone know of something a little more lyrical? Hoping to balance out the dreamy ethereal stuff.

Butthole Surfers have some pretty terrifying songs (with voice). 'Cherub' from 'Psychic, powerless' is haunting. Almost anything off 'Locust abortion technician', but in particular, 'Graveyard' and '22 going on 23'. 22 going on 23 really disturbs me...in a great way. :D

also, another australian band. i saw these guys a month or two back, still fucking awesome.

King Krule - Dum Surfer

Was checking out this artist and thought of this thread. They're good

This song is frickin' creepy as hell!

[video=youtube_share;tONEk9YMoIw]http://youtu.be/tONEk9YMoIw[/video]

This scares the shite out of me

heh heh heh.... Just Kidding.

This one is a bit more creepy.

Last edited: