• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Utilizing isopropyl rubbing alcohol to remove n-isopropylbenzylamine from meth?

betman

Greenlighter
As I understand, n-iso is the same in every way of meth when it comes to solubility, therefore it is difficult to separate. And unfortunately, there is no known soluble solution that is unique to n-iso and insoluble to meth. However, I did notice two things that piqued my interest.

First off, I would like to state that due to the mysterious nature of n-isopropylbenzylamine, I highly suggest against use, not even once. My whole day has been ruined because of a small dose. There's no telling what sort of damage this chemical can do, nor is there information on addiction potential.

Symptoms of n-iso: this is not inert
Source: FisherSci MSDS
Breathing difficulties. Causes burns by all exposure routes. Symptoms of overexposuremay be headache, dizziness, tiredness, nausea and vomiting: Product is a corrosivematerial. Use of gastric lavage or emesis is contraindicated. Possible perforation ofstomach or esophagus should be investigated: Ingestion causes severe swelling, severedamage to the delicate tissue and danger of perforation.

Ingestion of n-iso can cause methemoglobinemia (anecdotal research reports by users)
Source: unnamed internet source
Bluish coloring of the skin
Headache
Fatigue
Shortness of breath
Lack of energy
(other extremely serious effects can include retardation)

Using isopropyl alcohol to test purity of meth

Source: unnamed internet source
Rubbing alcohol can be used on meth to show whether or not it's cut, as when it recrystallizes the cuts will be separate. This guy says it'll be n-iso in the middle, with meth on the sides.

When I used 91% isopropyl alcohol to do a on my shitty gear, it dried up into a little shard in the middle surrounded by yellow-tinged crystals.

Physical appearance of n-iso
Source: LookChem N-Iso Identification
According to this, n-iso should be light yellow in color.
Its form (clear like meth) and its color is light yellow.

From my assumption, the surrounding yellow tinged crystals are likely n-iso too due to its coloring. However, the large crystal in the middle, according to the post, should be iso. This can only mean the whole shard is iso. I did try a bit of the middle shard, and it doesn't feel too grand. In fact I feel like shit right now and I'm surprised I can write at all. This is probably a jumble to anyone reading it.

The question I have is what was the yellow tinged crystal around the middle shard (that is supposed to be n-iso)? Unfortunately I tried the middle shard first, and I'm not sure of the effects of yellow crystal. Right now, I am getting classic n-iso symptoms; shortness of breath, ear pressure, anxiety, general discomfort, head tingles. From my personal research, I think it the entire shard was n-iso, just separated a bit. My main assumption is that the whole batch is only n-iso, and some of the effects are slightly similar to meth, leading users to believe it is real meth that is cut. Lastly, further research suggests that your average dealer does not crystallize meth and n-iso together; rather, they prefer to mix in the shards (if there's any meth in there in the first place).

Honestly, my brain has been fried all day from testing the n-iso batch at low dosages. This thread did not go in the direction I was planning (n-iso removal).

It appears there is already a solution proposed in the isopropyl alcohol thread. It is unverified. Maybe I shouldn't post this jumble but I still want to spark discussion on n-iso, its dangers and purification.

Just as a simple report on the effects I am feeling:

Comeup (0m-30m): head tingles, energetic. Ear pressure.
Vasoconstriction (30m-xh): incredibly strong vasoconstriction. Extremely tense, especially around the neck; this is incredibly distracting. Shortness of breath.
Unpleasant head feelings (30m-xh): dizzy, scatterbrained. Strange pressure on my eyes.
Strange, bad sides (45m-xh): even more scatterbrained. Eyes have difficulty focusing clearly on text. I feel stupider. A lot stupider.
Strange, bad sides, cont. (45m-xh): lethargic. General sense of discomfort, not interested in moving. This is unique; it's not paranoia, nor anxiety. Just...a very strong feeling of discomfort. I don't feel as if I can function normally.

Where xh is unspecified hours. It has been quite some time, nearly the whole day, and I had to utilize etizolam to reduce these effects. I really regret trying it again, hoping it was just my body reacting negatively. There is a strong sense of dysphoria that appeared, but I'm not sure of the time.

Last edited:
Yeah so this iso cunt cut bitch that I'm injecting is probably going to kill me soon since it's not real meth! Lovely! Thank you government.. and FUCK YOU! Fucking cunts

This N-ISO epidemic is insane, I recognize it so easily, but every dealer and user I've spoken too about it tell me im wrong or crazy, tweaked out etc... To me it is ovious that the meth is fake and doesnt bring about any euphoria, but has some kind of "dirty stim" properties that could be istaken for methamphetamine at first and i guess it tricks most people some who may never have had real near pure meth before.

One thing I've been wondering about as I've been testing/cleaning all sorts of weird shards is can you crystallize methamphetamine and n-iso together? So that they appear as a singular shard containing both substances? Some of the shards show up as meth on the reagant test, albeit with strange things at the start of the reaction not a clean reaction at all. They might just be adding very little meth or even l-meth to bring more doubt as the test shows positive.

Why are people continuing to buy and use this crap despite it not being methamphetamine and not getting a person high? I just don't understand this whole issue really irritates me as sometimes I feel like I'm the crazy one, but I know I'm not. For me its very easy to tell in a pipe when you melt it down its not oily like meth but watery and spreads very easily, produces much more vapor quicker and has a rancid smell/taste. While pure or close to pure meth has only a very slight taste/smell to it.

This N-ISO epidemic is insane, I recognize it so easily, but every dealer and user I've spoken too about it tell me im wrong or crazy, tweaked out etc... To me it is ovious that the meth is fake and doesnt bring about any euphoria, but has some kind of "dirty stim" properties that could be istaken for methamphetamine at first and i guess it tricks most people some who may never have had real near pure meth before.

One thing I've been wondering about as I've been testing/cleaning all sorts of weird shards is can you crystallize methamphetamine and n-iso together? So that they appear as a singular shard containing both substances? Some of the shards show up as meth on the reagant test, albeit with strange things at the start of the reaction not a clean reaction at all. They might just be adding very little meth or even l-meth to bring more doubt as the test shows positive.

Why are people continuing to buy and use this crap despite it not being methamphetamine and not getting a person high? I just don't understand this whole issue really irritates me as sometimes I feel like I'm the crazy one, but I know I'm not. For me its very easy to tell in a pipe when you melt it down its not oily like meth but watery and spreads very easily, produces much more vapor quicker and has a rancid smell/taste. While pure or close to pure meth has only a very slight taste/smell to it.

That was my first impression, but under further investigation is appears you are right. Does this stuff crystalize with meth? Like can you have a solid chunk that is 50% meth and 50% isopropylbezylamine? I thought MSM was the only cut that could do that.

Bring Scrofula in on this

He should have a thing or two (or 7?) to say