• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Meth and singing

armyboy54321

Greenlighter
So.... this is the most insane thing ever I've experienced and had to make a post about it. I've spent countless hours researching and haven't found anything online with someone who has had a similar experience. So I am now sober 3 months but in the past, I was doing meth. I'll keep this short & sweet but every time I did meth, I'd have an overwhelming urge to sing & it made me sound SO MUCH BETTER. (amphetamines work also) I learned to sing on them. But if I'm not on it, I cannot sing worth shit no matter what. I entered a singing competition and won 2nd place and I did meth before going on stage and would sound awesome. Then when I tried again sober, I sound horrible. People say it's a confidence thing, but I think that's bullshit. I am confident, but it just makes me sing better. Anyone else have experience with this or comments? Thanks!

Stimulants like amphetamine and meth usually make people want to talk, and low people's inhibitions, so maybe that has something to do with it?

Last edited:
My voice improves dramatically on a low dose of stimulants. The timbre starts to shift unpleasantly on higher doses though.

I suspect this is something to do with the way stimulants can often enhance sound/music in the brain, as well as getting just the right mix of confidence, disinhibition and adrenergic stimulation.

I believe every bit of both of the previous posts hold weight as some of the many contributing factors. Certainly state-dependant learning played a role as well.

-PA

I'd imagine that the intense focus on the given task (singing) would probably lead to significant improvement i.e from increased time spent performing and with an increased attention span. Throw in lack of inhibition and some musical enhancement = better singing.

At least it was put to use singing, there are people who lament the days that they cleaned the house with gusto.

I think it may be the meth making you think that your singing better because your high and overconfident. Try sing in front of someone when high and when not high to see their reactions

EDIT: sorry didn't read that you have been sober don't do that XD

Last edited:
Ok,

for years I did adderall and then meth because I would play so much music, write music and sing at the top of my lungs.... it was sooo euphoric.... fast forward about 8 years,,, my lungs have lost so much capacity from smoking the stupid shit, the confidence and clear tone I used to generate totally went by by.... i may have damaged my vocal chords from the harsh meth smoke.... I became addicted and unhealthy and started using opiates at the come down....

I was like you , i totally get it.... but its basically using you up , like everytime you get high on meth and sing, you only got so many more times you can do that before youre gonna burn out everything ... personally I don't see it as a totally physical thing, but a spiritual connectiong thing too....

If you are gonna do this, heres some things to keep in mind..... first of all warm up , drink tons of water... DON'T SMOKE METH, IT IS THE WORST DRUG FOR YOUR LUNGS AND VOICE AND MUSCLES!!!! Try putting a little bit in a capsule! This is how I do it now, and I like it better than smoking or snorting.... (Smoking was my obsession for awhile, I loved meth pipes, but it totally gets old and gross the longer you do it) Make sure you HYDRATE PLENTY! Put a humidifyer in your room , to lube up your vocals with moisture while you sleep. Watch videos on youtube about proper technique and breathing, so you don't sing incorrectly and damage your voice over time, (I think this is what happened to me, years of singing with too much stress in the neck instead of the diaphram)

I used to be a pretty cool band, and we would tour and meth was totally my thing, I got everyone in the band into doing meth. After awhile going up on stage on meth was horrible, it made me all jittery and short-breathed , nervous, Because you already have a rush from the thrill of being up in front of people, you don't need to throw more stimulation on top of that. Then I discovered heroin, and trust me if you think meth is good for singing, heroin is like 5 times as good.... it changes your tone, relaxes your voice so your tone sounds SOOO sweet! These days I use stimulants for SONG WRITING, and OPIATES for performing, and BOTH FOR recording!

good luck!

I also used stims of any kind for my writing and recording. Singing also and I think it def has to do with inhibitions. Singing for me has to be all or nothing and sober It's harder for me to give it the "all" so I'll end up flat at times or just not seeming as geniune. I always played to large bar crowds and my music is loud, gravelly-voiced, blues/rock so it worked. I got clean and didn't write or perform for years. When I'd start using again I'd start into music again. The sad part is that I needed the stims to make music, so it wasn't really me making it. I learned to sing on them and without them can still belt pretty good, but I understand your situation and even though you may be confident on stage as I am it's really har to match the level of commitment and focus obtained with stim use while performing. I think once you can master those thing sober then you can make claim to your performance, but until then you will always have to share the credit with the drugs. I know it, I didn't play for almost 5 years clean and the second I relapsed started writing again. Got clean and put the instruments away again. I hope someday I can make music without help, and I hope someday that you can too.

Also the above post makes mention of smoking meth. Don't do that. You'll kill your lung capacity and your vocal chords so that's good advice that I entirely second. Anyway, good luck. Hope to hear you some day.

So.... this is the most insane thing ever I've experienced and had to make a post about it. I've spent countless hours researching and haven't found anything online with someone who has had a similar experience. So I am now sober 3 months but in the past, I was doing meth. I'll keep this short & sweet but every time I did meth, I'd have an overwhelming urge to sing & it made me sound SO MUCH BETTER. (amphetamines work also) I learned to sing on them. But if I'm not on it, I cannot sing worth shit no matter what. I entered a singing competition and won 2nd place and I did meth before going on stage and would sound awesome. Then when I tried again sober, I sound horrible. People say it's a confidence thing, but I think that's bullshit. I am confident, but it just makes me sing better. Anyone else have experience with this or comments? Thanks!

I'm, 2 years late to reply but I can't resist to say this to you: YOU'RE NOT ALONE!
In normal condition I always sing out of tune. ALWAYS. My friends coined the term "tune crysis" just to describe me.
Meth though, transforms me to completely different being. Not only can I hit every tune perfectly, my voice also magically sound better.
That, for me, makes me always want to sing when I'm high.

I've read somewhere that Meth respiratory passage wider. It also seem to give extra power to muscles related to voice chord, which explain the excellent control over our voice.
That's just my theory though.

Definitely not a theory. The respiratory , voice control, notes you can hit. Ive recorded on and off meth and method makes me a friggin star. Unfortunately it takes me like a week to get my head on straight not matter how little I take. If anyone knows of any other natural stimulants you can take that don't cause teeth rot, dehydration, and a detox period I'm all ears.

The reason you sang better is the amps affect on your bronchials. I get a similar robustness of my voice which makes the ladies tingle. Additionally, I get noticeably better at my piano skills.

I always thought cocaine was best for singing.

Cocaine also improves guitar playing and piano playing. Meth at low doses can improve instrument playing, but anything stiffens you up. Not sure about singing never tried it on meth.

One of the best drugs for singing. I have a naturally deep voice, and morphine makes it richer, deeper and more robust. The anxiolysis helps remove inhibitiona. I would imagine heroin would work similarly (ive done alot of heroin, but the big IV doses i was doing back then didnt inspire much singing or talking even).

If anyone knows of any other natural stimulants you can take that don't cause teeth rot, dehydration, and a detox period I'm all ears.

Cocaine fits this. It is far superior for music and is much less harsh on the body. Cocaine is a stimulant that you can use and later have a full dinner and sleep normally. Meth is poison.

Cocaine fits this. It is far superior for music and is much less harsh on the body. Cocaine is a stimulant that you can use and later have a full dinner and sleep normally. Meth is poison.
i concur with this ^ however, it appears that depends on the quality of product you get aswell, it seems a good portion of folks get stuff thats been stepped on a good bit, makes you feel fortunate to have a good source at the very least ^^

on the other hand, I can't discriminate against meth as it is quite effective at what it does but then again it might be alittle too effective aswell haha, buuut i do love me some amphetamine.

This kind of drug may disturb your senses, i.e. hearing, leading to worse singing would be my assumption. A "correct dose" for attention/focus may allow you to hear it better, but, with pure methamphetamine, it's incredibly easy to do "just right" or "way too fucking much"; the "not enough" thing never happens to me with it. You have to know your sweet spot or you're shooting in the dark which can have disastrous consequences.

When your breathing in the smoke from meth you inhail longer then you would from a cigarette or weed. You end up activating muscles in your throat you never had to use

Cocaine is inherently cardiotoxic.... meth only causes issues because of the blood pressure spike.... at smaller doses meth is much better on the heart than coke over time....

It's all poison, outside of moderation.

Cocaine is inherently cardiotoxic.... meth only causes issues because of the blood pressure spike.... at smaller doses meth is much better on the heart than coke over time....

My point was more to neurotoxicity, the worst kind of toxicity perhaps.

They are both certainly poison.

Point remains, cocaine is better for music in my opinion.