Isn't about time we invented a NEW GENRE of MUSIC?

Markomarkh

Bluelighter
So the time has come, it's been 30years or over since the birth of acid house and rave! To my ears nothing has touched it since, you may of had a few sub genres like dubstep or clownstep but it was nothing real and never really got big, shrillex ruined that!

But how could we invent a new Genre?

My New Music Manifesto..

1. Change Time signature? If you have 3/4 4/4 5/8 or so on, could you have 3and a half/4 or 2and quarter/4. I remember my mate did Dance music on his Amiga in 3/4 which sounded good and different swing feel. Most dance/rave tunes are in 4/4.

2. You could change the Scale, use different tones or monotones, modern contemporary scale starts on A=440hz try making your own scales with different pitches. When making a synth use different wave frequencies like instead of starting at 440 do 445.50 with 447.25 with 449.12.5 hz. And so on, or try your own maths.

3. Sample original sounds, getting a sensitive recorder and record sounds outside and in nature.

4. Stop using the same boring rave acappellas and get original lyrics from a good female singer.

What else could I add?

Cheers

Cb

why not do it and blaze a trail?

i've noticed a lot of your posts suggest that somebody (else) do something? why don't you be that somebody?

alasdair

why not do it and blaze a trail?

i've noticed a lot of your posts suggest that somebody (else) do something? why don't you be that somebody?

alasdair

Ain't you noticed I have been making this stuff or are you blind or can't you be bothered to read all my posts? Plus I've taken my work back underground to stop it falling into the wrong hands, you'll see I'm working on it, watch this space. It's not always down to individual to change things we have to work as a community you know!

I'm not so sure a new genre genre can be made. IDM or Jazz is probably where you want to look for time signatures. Im not so sure how danceable IDM is or Electronic Jazz

Most synths have a detune per oscillator so already stuff is already out of tune. Analog synths are known for going out of tune so there is that. Are we talking John Cage out there or something else?

Sampling has been done to death. Although Form by NI might be a new direction I'm not up on sample tracking if it actually does something different.

I think most electronic pop music like Calvin Harris has us covered for vocals. The expense to record talent is up there. I'm not really about to drop hundreds to hire an amateur or semi-pro vocalist.

why invent a new genre yourself? just pick from the 8-million that are invented every week.