L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Potential soul mate missed??

Markomarkh

Bluelighter
Have you ever had potential partners missed? I remember going on holiday in 2013 to Portland, I was in Tesco with parents, I was buying beer, went to till lady that seemed very different, she was pretty but not like other ladies. She stood out, I was drawn to her, she was brunette, bit overweight but suited her, she was very friendly and easy to get on with and chatting a lot to me and my parents, best customer service I had. She seemed like a soulmate, very nice smile, I think she liked me. But I said see ya later then after buying beers. She seemed disappointed I had to go. Should I of asked her out or what? Have I missed a potential soulmate? Or maybe it just wasn't meant to be? Dunno why but sometimes she pops up in my head! Weird or what?

Has this happened to you? What's your story?

I don't think there are "potential" soul mates. A soulmate will come only when you are both ready and not before. There would be no "missing" them.
You missed out on a potential friend. On a potential partner. On an experience.
But maybe you experienced a friendship with her in a past life. Maybe you are kindred spirits. Maybe its simply that her energy resonated with yours and you felt a certain harmony because of it.
Anyway , i was just tripping out on this very recently. Here's my story.
I had a friend... I knew him before my Heroine addiction. He was at the time doing oc 80's . I started using them, then he quit and around that time I started getting interested in needles. Il never forget his reaction , when I called him asking how to prepare the tar for IV .he told me how and explained that he was not trying to get involved in all that , that he was quitting. I understood.
But before that we had some stupid fight. . we are both Scorpios , and Scorpios will duel at times... I got sick right after the fight... really sick... I wanted to call him but I was really sick.. then I got a message from him saying his grandfather died. He was upset, crying,said I was the best friend he had...
I got the message late ... I could only get ahold of his mom... She gave him the message I had called... When I actually talked to him it was awkward. He was embarrassed. See ... I was going out with another guy. We all hung out hellov all the time... Anyway... I could tell he was embarrassed... thats not why but whatever . I told him I got sick right after the last time I saw him... He seemed surprised... He said something like " oh , you did "? Anyway..
I went on with my life... I moved, he slowed down,I sped up. Hes a couple years older...
So years later I am back in town , he's around... We hang out like old times, I had quit my addiction... I could talk to him about it , he understood.. he also loves nature , so do I... Every sunny day one of us calls the other with some adventurous plan in mind...
Maybe it was obvious I really liked him because he straight looked me in the face and said , I don't like you, I just want you to know. I said ok man.. see, he is kinda dreamy and has had a lot of girls crushing on him... So whatever. I KNOW how to be friends.. so I was happy being his friend. That's what he wanted .
Anyway... We planned a camping trip. Me , him , my dog. Great time, cooked hot dogs. We even found some Geo stash or something... Totally random . A box with random things in it and a list of names... He knew what it was , said it was like a treasure hunt people do online or something.. you are supposed to add to the box and sign your name . I found it partially buried by this tree.
So anyway , in the tent! I put my dog in the middle, and I'm very satisfied with myself because I know that this doesn't have to be weird , that we are friends.. that's what he wanted. I'm a GOOD friend. I'm chill.
So he says ..."this is how we are going to sleep"? And it was a small tent very uncomfortable all night . It was terrible actually.
Later the next day my dog hurt his leg, my friend walked back alone, to send for help, a ranger came and got my dog and I.
Some time after the trip...not long... We got in another spiff.... He stopped talking to me..
I was devestated .
Doomed to think about him every freaking SUNNY DAY.
He was the only person motivating me to stay sober... I actually really needed him in my life.. he was a good influence.I don't have a lot of people in my life...
Can you imagine what we could of shared that night.? I loved him so much.
That was four years ago. And only recently , I realized... What he really wanted that night and WHY he got upset. RECENTLY!! This past year. Is that slow or what....? Is that too late or what?
I made a mistake that night... I missed out on something special. I'll always regret it.
When my dog passed away a few months ago, I Facebooked him. We are friends again ,but he lives in Arizona . I'm currently focused on a job and trying to buy a car and paying rent and hopefully save some money.
Anyway... Don't let moments pass . Don't let people you care about walk away because you or they are too scared .just go for it. Or you will always wonder. I wish I would of cuddled up next to him that night... Like I had been wanting to do for years... I made a mistake that night.
Least we are friends again. untill the next stupid argument... Lol.

^ Awww, makes me think of Rascal Flatts song:

“What hurts the most was being so close
And havin' so much to say
And watchin' you walk away
And never knowin' what could've been
And not seein' that lovin' you
Is what I was trying to do.”

When you feel a vibe, you just gotta go with it. It didn’t happen so it probably wasn’t meant to be. No need to dwell on it and make yourself feel worst.

yompf said her friend is “dreamy”, that’s cute. Those are the heartbreakers though. I’m taken, but I was walking down the street and I saw this “dreamy” guy with a sexy ass blonde ponytail. He was checking me out while walking to his truck. Good Lord, he was fine!!!!!

I feel that I have missed out on many experiences simply because I just did not take actions on my feelings or realize that the person was into me a few hours later. More like a missed connection.

Last edited:
if you inhibit yourself from being in the moment you make threads like the OP

when u get the vibe or even if it may just be a gamble, take it! you could die tomorro so live for now

the biggest problem with facebook (which reminds you all the time of a period of your life you no longer live by shoving old gone from your life people back in your face and keeping you in social limbo) and expecting to live to 90 (don't think it is a certainty- wait till the superbugs peak) is people are afraid to make bold choices and regret it, but the worst regret is making no choice and then kicking yourself years later

^ Awww, makes me think of Rascal Flatts song:

?€œWhat hurts the most was being so close
And havin' so much to say
And watchin' you walk away
And never knowin' what could've been
And not seein' that lovin' you
Is what I was trying to do.?€

When you feel a vibe, you just gotta go with it. It didn?€™t happen so it probably wasn?€™t meant to be. No need to dwell on it and make yourself feel worst.

yompf said her friend is ?€œdreamy?€, that?€™s cute. Those are the heartbreakers though. I?€™m taken, but I was walking down the street and I saw this ?€œdreamy?€ guy with a sexy ass blonde ponytail. He was checking me out while walking to his truck. Good Lord, he was fine!!!!!

I think that was me.

I'm anxious an neurotic an ive met a girl that is maybe the same or at least mimicking me an we have broken spastic an sometimes pointless conversation ..but she is married an I aint bout to even fake like I'm that kind of guy #respectvows #loyal2thesoil #portland

Have you ever had potential partners missed? I remember going on holiday in 2013 to Portland, I was in Tesco with parents, I was buying beer, went to till lady that seemed very different, she was pretty but not like other ladies. She stood out, I was drawn to her, she was brunette, bit overweight but suited her, she was very friendly and easy to get on with and chatting a lot to me and my parents, best customer service I had. She seemed like a soulmate, very nice smile, I think she liked me. But I said see ya later then after buying beers. She seemed disappointed I had to go. Should I of asked her out or what? Have I missed a potential soulmate? Or maybe it just wasn't meant to be? Dunno why but sometimes she pops up in my head! Weird or what?

Has this happened to you? What's your story?

I think the key here is that she worked in customer service.

Edit: Oh.. 2017 eh?

Knowing my luck, my soulmate was probably shot into a kleenex.

I actually met my soulmate when I was 19. He was straight and I wasn't sexually attracted to him but we had strong romantic feeling for each other. Way beyond a close friendship. He sometimes cried and said he was so in love with me and that life would be perfect if only I was a girl.
We never did have sex, but we snuggled and made out a lot and used to sleep in the same bed together and spoon. I always had such a content, restful sleep.
5 years ago we were both alcoholics, so we decided to get a hotel room together with a queen-size bed and stayed in bed 24/7 while we detoxed together cold turkey..
I finally managed to sleep at the end of day 2 for a few hours. I woke up and found his dead body. Apparently, he'd gotten up to go to the bathroom, had suffered an acute grand mal seizure and died in the night.
Unless you've lost your soulmate you will never know grieving like it. I still have to drug myself because I've not gotten over it even a tiny bit and I tend to get hysterical with devastation if not sedated/doped up.
So now I'll always be only half a person and most likely die alone because the person I was truly meant to be with is dead. God made us two parts of a whole who connect together perfectly. I may have other loves in my life, but they will always be a poor mans imitation.
At least I know that when I die we'll be together forever in heaven.
It should have been me. He was such a good, pure person (to good for this world) and I'm such a bad person.

Looking back on this thread...my 2019 version as opposed to my 2017 version of myself that answered this, I can't say I believe in soulmates. There are different people who can make up the whole of everything you want. Not meaning I would date multiple people at once, I'm completely monogamous and loyal while in a relationship. Just meaning that not one person possesses every single quality you may be looking for.

Knowing my luck, my soulmate was probably shot into a kleenex.

I actually met my soulmate when I was 19. He was straight and I wasn't sexually attracted to him but we had strong romantic feeling for each other. Way beyond a close friendship. He sometimes cried and said he was so in love with me and that life would be perfect if only I was a girl.
We never did have sex, but we snuggled and made out a lot and used to sleep in the same bed together and spoon. I always had such a content, restful sleep.
5 years ago we were both alcoholics, so we decided to get a hotel room together with a queen-size bed and stayed in bed 24/7 while we detoxed together cold turkey..
I finally managed to sleep at the end of day 2 for a few hours. I woke up and found his dead body. Apparently, he'd gotten up to go to the bathroom, had suffered an acute grand mal seizure and died in the night.
Unless you've lost your soulmate you will never know grieving like it. I still have to drug myself because I've not gotten over it even a tiny bit and I tend to get hysterical with devastation if not sedated/doped up.
So now I'll always be only half a person and most likely die alone because the person I was truly meant to be with is dead. God made us two parts of a whole who connect together perfectly. I may have other loves in my life, but they will always be a poor mans imitation.
At least I know that when I die we'll be together forever in heaven.
It should have been me. He was such a good, pure person (to good for this world) and I'm such a bad person.

so that other thread about having a girlfriend and a gay best friend on the side- whats that all about then in the context of this statement? wtf

so that other thread about having a girlfriend and a gay best friend on the side- whats that all about then in the context of this statement? wtf

The above happened 5 or 6 years ago.
The other thread is very recent (over the last year or so). My girlfriend is the first time I've felt ready to try and move on. I love her and my best friend very much, but I will never love anyone as much as he who died.

I don't believe in "soul mates". There is more than one person in the world with whom you are completely compatible. Way way way more than one ...

I don't believe in "soul mates". There is more than one person in the world with whom you are completely compatible. Way way way more than one ...

Yes. Maybe back when I was naive and a hopeless romantic, I would've believed in "soul mates". It's unrealistic.

DUNNO about soulmate, but my BFF and I have been split up for a good 4 years now. lots of water under the bridge. I forbid myself from contacting him because we just no longer see eye to eye, he's got a problem with women that can't be resolved in this lifetime so I can't help him much. my fond memory is of him at a pub out of town celebrating his birthday. But he mighta just tied into the scene, you see, all good things must come to an end. sad, but true. he decided to hit the crook of his arm again so I let him go. also he accused me of things I had not done and then threatened to satiate me in search of a sexual favour. so, he had to go. sad but I was always glad to see his face. he bailed me out at a cop shop once, but changed after meeting this filthrat from a neighbouring suburb. he's connected with a now-dead woman. plus a dead ex-wife, apparently. anyhow, I figured he preferred to boot his buddies one at a time and I got the arse last. o well. the former fiance is a close enough match but I remember so little about our encounters now that it's a joke factor. he kinda just presented to be the ideal partner. no idea why he proposed to me to this very day, as I was completely shocked and he was all but romantic about it, so really, seeing as nothing I did was ever sufficient for him and he ignored me at his work shift when I went to pick him up, I told him to go get involved with his dealer as he and her had more in common than he and I. Then he took off for good. Never claimed his belongings. Never repaid the $16k he owes me. Forced me to make life choices that mitigated my life for all eternity, and not for the better. so that being the case, a nasty vendetta can't be ruled out - hence, I dont take it on board. hence, his unprofessed (to anyone save me) claims of childhood sex abuse essentially led me to foster a true life sex problem. you can't get turned on by folks like that. not to say he didn't beat the perp (his step-dad) to a pulp at 17, but I was almost murderous of the guy who snatched his innocence and it was a mounting issue at the time. not to mention, he could not validate his employability. nor much prove his fun side on his meth pipe. i actually smashed one at this park we used to hang out near, just to rid myself of his antics. anyone who knows me knows i would never intentionally break a cracky, for chrissakes. two birds, one stone so to speak. these two 'soul mate contenders' happened in no particular order, though they did meet and my former fiance claimed my BFF's mrs tried to crack onto him. I wonder if it's a plan those two cooked up together. my BFF and her, I mean, or even the two up for the title. The airhead she is, I could give a fuck. She's definitely not my soul mate. Someone I met off the internet a year ago reckons he was at my BFFs house the week before, with a guy last spotted circa 2009 on a popular street littered with trendy upmarket nightspots. Who knows.
Closer would have been my former bestie before I struck the scene, maybe should have kept her at arms length. She's a lesbian.
Still haven't found anyone to fulfil this title. I had a 3 week companion with a pipe a few years ago that I was loyal enough to, and though we hit it off, he is much too fickle to really fit the bill. plus, I tuned out too often during our banter. oops. either ADHD or my own preoccupied sense of the heebee jeebees / autopilot mode is to blame. give a stuff. no one is really gonna crack this code on my behalf. one other close match for recent times would be this dude who has 52 findings of guilt against him. but we were comfortable hanging out together a fair bit in the beginning. he turned my world around. I hope he cleans up his act and hits me back one day so I can give him some support, if he can assimilate into society accordingly.

Last edited:
wh
I'm anxious an neurotic an ive met a girl that is maybe the same or at least mimicking me an we have broken spastic an sometimes pointless conversation ..but she is married an I aint bout to even fake like I'm that kind of guy #respectvows #loyal2thesoil #portland

Edit: Oh.. 2017 eh?
Well here is where my future boyfriend is!! I'll be your Nancy if you'll be my Sid.

@NicoOregon
I'll be your Brian Jones.

"Do you want to talk about The Velvet Underground?"
"NO!"

I love Nico, Shibuya Live Inn,Tokyo, April 11, 1986 - Janitor of Lunacy FTW!!!!!!!