• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Post your all time Favorite WAR movies

1. Full Metal Jacket
2. Platoon
3. Patton (HELLO EVERYONE! THIS IS A CLASSIC)
4. Born on the 4th of July
5. Saving Private Ryan

Please post WAR themed or based movies on actual wars or war events.
This does not include: Predator, Starship Troopers, Rambo Trilogy, Aliens or any other type of "Fictional" war

My list:

1. Saving Private Ryan
2. Platoon
3. Braveheart
4. Black Hawk Down
5. Three kings
1. Guns of Navarone
2. Bridge on the River Kwai
3. Three Kings
4. The Longest Day
5. The Green Berets

That's right. I'm so old I fart dust.

Schindler's list dont know why but the ending I could have done more gets me everytime
Full metal jacket
Stalingrad
Das boot

Dunkirk (2017) - UK
Black Book (2006) - Holland
Flame and Citron (2008) - Denmark
All Quiet On The Western Front (2022) - Germany
The Forgotten Battle (2020) - Holland

A note about subtitles :
You have only to visit https://subtitlist.net/ , enter the movie name & year, cursor down to the English versions, select the file that most closely matches your movie file (720p, 1080p, and/or BluRay if you see that), and click the download button. Move the downloaded (zip) file to the same folder as your movie file, unzip that file there, re-name it with the same name as your movie file, but using the file extension, .srt

Simple!

Last edited:
My all time fave was full metal jacket. Rewatched the thin red line some days ago, found it to be boring.

#1 Enemy at the Gates Most authentic and historically accurate war movie IMO. It was based on a true story and what a story it was.
hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahaha hahahahhahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahah
holy shit when the writers strike is over, you should get a job writing comedy

hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahaha hahahahhahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahah
holy shit when the writers strike is over, you should get a job writing comedy

dude hasn't logged in since GWB's first term man.

One of my favorite newish war films is 1917. Highly recommend.

One of my favorite newish war films is 1917.
I found it a bit long and almost... boring? I guess the cinematography was great and it was cool the way it felt like one long shot. But the focus on the one/two characters rather left it feeling like a study of humanity vs being a war film. I'll have to give it another go, I might not have been in the right mood for it the other week.

Personally I really enjoyed the latest iteration of All Quiet on the Western Front. Seeing it done by Germans vs English actors along with some of the fantastic and accurate battle scenes cemented it as one of my favorite WWI movies.

Also check out The Blue Max if you want a WWI aviator flick. Very good film, but hard to find on disc.

Personally I really enjoyed the latest iteration of All Quiet on the Western Front.

me too.

I found it a bit long and almost... boring? I guess the cinematography was great and it was cool the way it felt like one long shot. But the focus on the one/two characters rather left it feeling like a study of humanity vs being a war film. I'll have to give it another go, I might not have been in the right mood for it the other week.

I liked it for that because it's unique I guess when it comes to war films.

Big fan of Platoon and Apocalypse now as well but what about Clint Eastwood? I love these two
Letters from Iwo Jima

American Sniper

This one, Tutti a Casa, is great as well, about Italy during the chaos after the invasion and double occupation of September 1943

heh, a chick who likes war movies

Band of Brothers was amazing... I was in a class jr year called "World at War" that was all about WWI and WWII. Watching Band of Brothers was actually a homework assignment.

see also:

Full Metal Jacket
Enemy at the Gates
Saving Private Ryan (although everytime I hear that title I automatically think "shaving ryan's privates... dont ask)
Tigerland -- one of the best Vietnam movies I've ever seen
I would like to echo number 2 here. Enemy at the gates only got one mention... Great film. Although,
"shaving ryan's privates... dont ask) is a classic as well.

Not seen these mentioned or I missed them

Max Manus
Un long dimanche de fiancailles
Beneath hill 60
Dunkirk
Jarhead
Downfall
Flags of our Fathers
Land of mine
Zero dark thirty
The man with the iron hart