• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Positive Exercise 4 Health, Mental Health and Addiction vs. Pure & Free

I took a break from working out, but I'm back now. Got my arse up and forced myself on the treadmill. I didn't overdo it because I'm getting back into the swing of things. It was still a good run. I'm just grateful my heart is healthy and I can run fast, especially after all I've put my body through with substances.

I started working out again, it's been twice a week for a couple of weeks. My girlfriend is on my plan at the Y now and we split the total and have been going together on the weekend, which is really nice, it helps motivate me. And paying for it helps her have motivation.

Lift day at work today.. Probably a full day. Hitting the club this weekend 4 sure. Keep getting side tracked.

Just a tiny bit sore today. I'll go back tomorrow or the next day, depends on work schedule. The nice thing is I'm looking forward to it. :)

How many calories on average should you lose peddling at a slow to moderate rate on a stationary bike for 30 minutes? My guage says 90 calories but that doesn't seem right. Just trying to find out if my gauge is faulty.

Really lifted hard and long today. Was sick in bed last week. I am pretty worked right now. Was just voracious so I just gorged.

pulling flips off 7 m cliffs swimming the flooded quarry.. feeling it yest.. still feel real good today.

Aw man, it's great to see some familiar name's are doing well (neversickanymore and Xorkoth). I've been doing cardio (cycling and running) to try to mitigate some depression and anxiety but had fallen off over the weekend after getting hit with some more severe depression. I'm going to try to get back to it tomorrow, I've just been bracing the storm and waiting for it to subside.
Overall, while my anxiety hasn't really seen much benefit from the cardio, I would say that my depression has improved. It's mostly some negative events that brought about this recent episode. Revisiting some familiar old topics has definitely brought me out of the worst of it, particularly psychedelic therapy. Although I don't have the means to obtain psychedelic therapy, or really even partake in a psychedelic experience without a proper sitter, reading on the topic has brought me back to some of my experiences and the insights I've gained and given me a shred of hope.
Sorry if I've gone too off-topic, just needed to get this off my chest and feel like I'm at least speaking about this to someone.

Got back on the bike today, went out for 2 hours. Feeling notably better, mood isn't nearly as low as it has been the past week. Time for some CBD!

nice .. I rolled some nice cbd gummies this weekend that and three days of dancing. No workout required. Now I'm going to gorge and go to sleep for a day or two.

So Im 6 months since I drank last.
My mood has improved as lifes stressors are slowly being eliminated. However Im still pretty low (just not relatively).
I know exercise will help but Im either exhausted from work or with my kid.

Other than just do it, any advice to get back on this ever so important bandwagon?

So Im 6 months since I drank last.
My mood has improved as lifes stressors are slowly being eliminated. However Im still pretty low (just not relatively).
I know exercise will help but Im either exhausted from work or with my kid.

Other than just do it, any advice to get back on this ever so important bandwagon?

Congrats on not drinking in 6 months!

Running on the treadmill at home is what I do for exercise and I like to walk around outside. I'm not a gym fan. I have anxiety with thinking people are watching me. So I guess it depends on what you want to do...

Do you have a treadmill? If not, maybe you want to get started at a gym. Walk first and work your way up to running. Don't push yourself too fast, too soon. Or take a nice walk outside around the block and work your way up to walking a longer distance. I think just getting in motion will make you feel like a brand new person.

I've been doing pretty good running every day since Sunday for 30 minutes. Going to try to stay on top of it. For variety, I need a new DVD player to do my aerobic/yoga DVDs and strength training. Running can become tedious after a while. Gotta mix it up.

I'd like to balance all sorts of exercise - strength, cardio, yoga and meditation.
I have in the past for extended periods (years), even while drinking, but once winter came last year I got away from everything (as I was drinking and my depression was growing).

Now Ive stopped drinking for sometime but my depression still lingers and as Im so exhausted from work my diet suffers and I have even less energy.
I know its a chicken and egg deal, changing one should snowball the whole lot (hopefully).
But its always tomorrow, or next week.

The kicker?
The reason Im so tired is because I picked up a new client - a gym! hahah It's 24 hrs and I have to go late at night to ensure I can actually get work in w/o a tonne of people in the way. By the time Im done the last thing I want to do is stay for another hour and exercise - I just wanna head home and catch some more zz's before getting up to work days.

I know what I need to do (adjust my sleep schedule, eat more nutritious food and implement an exercise routine including all of the above).
Trouble is doing it.

But Im exhausted, maybe tomorrow ;) ha

^ sleep schedule is dictated by blue spectrum radiation and a nerve receptor in our eye. Its possible to alter our natural bio clock, but its difficult. Only way i have found is manipulation of dopamine and blue spectrum. Look into a blue light.. You might love where you get. Dopeamine manipulation involves aspects like reg amps which can be dangerous to recovery.

^ sleep schedule is also regulated by melatonin, the production of which is suppressed by blue wavelengths like you said. You don't need to play with dopaminergic substances to alter your circadian rhythm, taking melatonin helps too.

^ for me though it is necessary.

Unloaded 1.5 semi loads by hand yesterday.. that was a nine hour workout. Sore today.

Im trying to do it the old fashioned way - altering my eating/waking schedule. No screens before bed also helps(perhaps light related?).
Its taking time but it's getting better.
Still havent used the time to exercise but I am doing more than before so I guess t's a start