• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Positive Exercise 4 Health, Mental Health and Addiction vs. Pure & Free

Throwing about 30 pallets of different boxs.. Lifted chest, abs and tricepts this weekend. Pretty strong. Going to lift hard into summer and hopefully sport a great body.

Do you put on muscle after weights if you just drink a protein shake and not eat anything?

if you don't eat enough your body gonna break down muscle tissue for energy.

i been eating SO MUCH , still lifting even HEAVIER weights as katy perry would say "roar" ;p

I am not really exercising per se, but all the walking I have done these past days was enough to make me feel all sore. Feeling good to be off traveling. A bit nervous as usual but fine.

yup, and don't eat junk food ! balanced diet, protein shake , lift weights ...you'll begin to grow muscle

^ A balanced diet with protein including shakes aligned with exercises can be a great thing. I was told that it helps building our muscle mass depending on what exercises you choose to do.

Today was also interesting because I had to walk towards every place on my schedule. At home I am so spoiled because we use the car for everything but these last days, especially now in a colder weather I could literally feel how good all this daily exercises is great? Even by just walking can be a good thing IME. All together I must have walked more than a couple of hours once more today and it feels great.

Last edited:
if you don't eat enough your body gonna break down muscle tissue for energy.

i been eating SO MUCH , still lifting even HEAVIER weights as katy perry would say "roar" ;p

QFT

I'm heading in tomorrow.. double up.. legs, arms, chest and abs.. easy physical work load this week.. want to be sparkly for this summer as well.

You can eat whatever you want and gain muscle. You might not get that bodybuilder look, but if you are eating for strength, then caloric dense and high protein foods are your essentials. I feel best when I eat 3500+ calories

I lazied out.. cooking 12 gallons of spaghetti sauce, reading a new book and doing laundry.. Sundays and me don't workout to much.. going to hit a normal day tomorrow before work.

Last edited:
Walking so much lately. Today I believe I did easily 12-15 miles. Feels great. :)

Two weeks of light physical duty at work and a week of being sick. Good rest but I need to reload my program.. lifting sat or Sunday morning.

Haven’t got the time yet but plan to get back to my walking routine. Everyday I would walk at least a couple of hours, abter breakfast and later in the evening. It felt so good I even started sleeping better.

Slacking this weekend due to weather.. looking really good.. just a little work and will be pretty sparkly for summer. Very important for me to add in some cardio. loaded up.

I decided to leave my car in the garage and take the bicycle to get to work. It’s the perfect exercise as it forces to come back cycling especially now that I am learning later and the traffic is not as intense. I have lost 3 kilos (around 6-7 pounds) and it takes my mind off work on my way back. Idk if it’s realistic to keeping that as a routine as I don’t really enjoy waking up earlier. Besides I don’t want to lose weight.

It’s good to be able to eat so freely though. I am eating chocolate more frequently and I don’t think it’s actually increasing my sugar levels. Let’s see how long it lasts. My wife says I have cicles that are different to break sometimes. Maybe I could just use the bike a couple of times a week.

All year I have been in opiate withdrawal and doing more and more hot yoga. I'm up to at least 4 times a week but aiming for 7 hours this week.

Needed a discipline. I really pushed myself these past couple days with power and core ones. My body has definitely noticeably changed a lot since I started this year. My chronic pain is way down. These classes would be hardcore for anyone and there are many varied styles. The one thing I have accomplished since I got clean other than a little clean time I'll probably screw up at some point as I'm starting to get cravings now that I have distanced myself a little from hell and remember the feeling.

Hard physical day on monday at work.. Lifted for nine hours. Rest of the weeks been average. Lifting chest, tries and abbs on friday.

Walking with my neighbors every day. Waking up earlier, but often in bed no long after work.

All year I have been in opiate withdrawal and doing more and more hot yoga. I'm up to at least 4 times a week but aiming for 7 hours this week.

Needed a discipline. I really pushed myself these past couple days with power and core ones. My body has definitely noticeably changed a lot since I started this year. My chronic pain is way down. These classes would be hardcore for anyone and there are many varied styles. The one thing I have accomplished since I got clean other than a little clean time I'll probably screw up at some point as I'm starting to get cravings now that I have distanced myself a little from hell and remember the feeling.

Excellent Shroomy!

Cravings do not last too long, although they come out of the blue more often than we would wish for.
One hour at a time if it comes to that!

You know you can do this!