• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

August Getting Staying Clean and Sober Thread vs Light in August

Yeah unfortunately, and not eating. Woke up one of the days shaking really bad and didn't have any alcohol or money left. Wouldn'tve mattered anyways cuz I couldn't even stand. Either way I called 911 later that day. Whole experience was pretty weird and was the first time I experienced any hallucinations. Saw a bald headed creepy guy open the door really quick and peek in and gave a creepy grin and closed the door. Also thought an emblem on the top of the hospital door was some sort of demon dog when it was really just an ornament. Oh, and being in the hospital thinking I was at home. Drug psychosis is fun. I'm doing better now tho. Got put on about 6 different things and am eating ok again.

Last edited:
What did they put you on nutty? Glad to hear you're eating again! That sounds horrible :(

I cannot believe the month is almost over. Kinda flew by, very unlike most of my summer. I guess school is good for that :)

What did they put you on nutty? Glad to hear you're eating again! That sounds horrible :(

I cannot believe the month is almost over. Kinda flew by, very unlike most of my summer. I guess school is good for that :)

And how is school going, my friend?

My due diligence with this program certain seems to be paying off. I start rounds of sorts at Children's Hospital next month I believe, which is super exciting. The work is very different from my undergrad and law school experience though (in a manageably challenging sort of way, as it's really a continuation of the work I've been doing on myself over the last decade). Definitely hitting the ground running :)

When I first started (it's a tiny Buddhist school) I thought to myself, "such a nice peaceful place." However, even just a couple weeks in the drama begins for some of the undergrads. It amuses me.

Check that - this program is awesome, but the first semester I think is going to be very challenging on a personal level... but it's a supportive, therapeutic and if I can take care of myself to stick with it, very fruitful kind of challenging.

Fuck my precociousness, seriously. Bless and a curse, until hopefully it's no longer so much a curse. A lot of what I've already begun to experience this semester (three weeks in LOL) actually reminds me a lot of what it's like coming off opioids. Kinda an emotional rollercoaster.

I'm taking xanax, ativan, folic acid, thiamine, magnesium, fish oil and vitamin e. That's my pill regimen right now. I'm 9 days sober as of today, fucked up thing tho is my parents took control of my SSI money. I'm so pissed at them right now. That was currently my only income.

Last edited: