• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Caraco brand Oxycodone 30mg

ThePresence

Greenlighter
I was switched to Caraco brand Oxycodone 30mg IR. At Jewell Osco Pharmacy. But i noticed that this brand causes me to really crave it like no other ones. I don't know what's in these pills but there is definitely something that causes me to sit on the edge of my bed waiting for the next dose. It drives me crazy. Now I just switched to Mylan Brand Oxycodone 30mg.. They are white not blue. But the best oxycodone that I ever had in 4 years I been on them. I don't have to count the minutes between dose. I'm not the only one who thinks the government put something in those Caraco blues. I have three other friends that take them as a they feel the same way. Please tell me that we are not the only ones that feel that craving unlike any other craving in the world. Worse than Coke. Thank you. I'm a Greenie so I hope this is appropriate.

I was switched to Caraco brand Oxycodone 30mg IR. At Jewell Osco Pharmacy. But i noticed that this brand causes me to really crave it like no other ones. I don't know what's in these pills but there is definitely something that causes me to sit on the edge of my bed waiting for the next dose. It drives me crazy. Now I just switched to Mylan Brand Oxycodone 30mg.. They are white not blue. But the best oxycodone that I ever had in 4 years I been on them. I don't have to count the minutes between dose. I'm not the only one who thinks the government put something in those Caraco blues. I have three other friends that take them as a they feel the same way. Please tell me that we are not the only ones that feel that craving unlike any other craving in the world. Worse than Coke. Thank you. I'm a Greenie so I hope this is appropriate.

branded & generic drugs have different variance windows of active ingredients. Branded drugs are held to a tighter window of 10% while generic drugs have a 20% threashold.
I.e. Branded drug x has 92% of active ingredient
generic drug x has 82%

You could be waiting for you next dose because you don't have enough of the active ingredient.

Then comes in to play that drugs have delivery technologies - some dump all the med at one time & some gradually deliver, hence your smooth buzz.

You aren't crazy, I haven't experienced either of those meds but drug manufacturing def matters.

They can definitely vary quite a bit. I used to be prescribed percocets and the brand names worked infinitely better than the crap generics I (usually Mallinkroft sp?) would occasionally get. People used to say I was crazy but I'm very tuned into my body and I could tell there was a difference.

It's not Phsycocomatic or whatever... There is definitely a big difference in the way I feel. Caraco makes me mean and miserable when Mylan makes me feel relaxed and comfortable

And by the way, I bang them. My friends snort them. And we have the same feelings. We also tried to take them orally and again, the same feelings.

^ collective unconscious/peer pressure/imaginary friends.

aha i kid i kid, but i'm convinced that this is more psychological that physical, perhaps the mechanisms of delivery are different for each pill, but they all contain oxy at the end of the day right?

And by the way, I bang them.
By injecting them (I hope you micron filter them ?) different mechanisms of delivery can't be the cause and I really doubt that there's much of a dosage difference, so it sounds like it's more psychological, as both pills contain oxycodone. The only thing I could think of is that they are in different salt forms ?
And for your friend who snorts them, snorting decreases BA and it's just bad for his lungs

Two years now since I posted this and I haven't seen that Caraco brand oxycodone but one time after this post. Now it's been Malinkroft ever since.
Possibly people complained about it. The main reason I didn't like them was really that I always felt Mean and put into a Foul mood. That all stopped once I stopped taking them Caraco brand.