• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Photo Contest Round 391: Extreme Closeups (Voting Closed)

Please choose your favorite entry!

• toothpastedog

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • malakaix

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • dreamflyer

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • herbavore

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Xorkoth

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • CFC

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oooo I like that too. Kinda reminds me of the coats of some wild animals. Like a bit of long badger hair there :)

And nice work dreamflyer, it's working now.

Okay, I just reformatted it through Imagur and it worked this time, so hopefully you can all see it now. I edited my last one rather than deleting and re-posting it, so it's actually several posts before this one. (It's a really trippy looking close-up of a red, yellow & orange flower.)

Sadie & Toothpastedog: Thanks so much for all of your help!!!

Dreamflyer :D

Beautiful work dream! I replied to your pm prior to seeing this, sorry x great work

It's cool the way it is. I'll resize it for the final voting as I do for all of them :)

You are very welcome my new friend. Your submission is a super addition to what I hope turns out a contest worthy of it :)

I'm looking forward to the other submission that come in before the deadline too!

Ditto......

Also, keep sending them in people! All submissions greatly admired. It's a window into your world <3

Only two more days left for submissions folks (unless we forget and someone slips one in :))! You've got some good competition this round. I'm looking forward to hopefully more close up of stamens and such.

If you see this herby, you know what I'm talking about ;)

This is a picture I actually took with my iPhone a couple of years ago, my girlfriend and I were hiking in the woods in late winter and came upon a tiny frozen stream. This is a close-up photo of a tiny frozen waterfall that had various grasses and stones frozen in it.

oSCbo9d.jpg

Last edited:
Ah, that is absolutely gorgeous! ?

I've some pretty lovely nature I've taken but I'd prefer to be a voyeur most of the time on here, because mine are just pics to remind me of how fucking lucky i am to bear witness to that beauty. I swear just to realise how much bullshit people are led to worship when you have all this real beauty for free... It's hard not to feel privileged.?

Ah, that is absolutely gorgeous! &#55357;&#56833;

I've some pretty lovely nature I've taken but I'd prefer to be a voyeur most of the time on here, because mine are just pics to remind me of how fucking lucky i am to bear witness to that beauty. I swear just to realise how much bullshit people are led to worship when you have all this real beauty for free... It's hard not to feel privileged.&#55357;&#56842;

So true.

And Xork, that photo is unreal!

That's a lovely photo xorkoth!

I wish I'd had the time to try and take a closeup. I wanted it to be of something natural, so something in my Mum's garden was the plan.

Thanks. :) I have so many close-up shots of things, the thing that I like the best about photography (or art) is tiny detail. With photography, you can capture images that are from a totally different perspective of scale than you're able to see with your eyes. And everything has infinite detail, particularly anything in nature. :)

Thanks. :) I have so many close-up shots of things, the thing that I like the best about photography (or art) is tiny detail. With photography, you can capture images that are from a totally different perspective of scale than you're able to see with your eyes. And everything has infinite detail, particularly anything in nature. :)

Recursion!

That's the word that I couldn't think of when I was trying to explain my artwork to my therapist last week. I took some cloud pics with the "negative" effect on that looked just like those Mandelbrot fractals that they use for music visualizers.

I've been trying to remember that stupid word for days, and whatever you just said made me think of it, so...

Thank you! :D

My pleasure. Glad the main point of my post was successful. ;)

I missed the submission date, but finally got a little close-up of a Ladybird anyway. Yes it's a pretty mediocre effort lol, but I like the colours and Ladybirds so there ;) :p

20170829_185143.jpg