Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(4-AcO-DET / 30 mg) - Some prior exp. - All in a Single Brushstroke

TheAppleCore

Bluelighter
Previous psychedelic drugs taken include 2C-E, 2C-C, 25I & 25C-NBOMe, LSD & prodrugs, DMT, DPT, DiPT, 4-AcO-DMT, 4-HO-MET, 4-AcO-DET, 4-HO-MiPT, 4-HO-EPT, and 4-AcO-DPT.

Full report

At around 9:00 P.M. on a typical Saturday evening at home, I dosed 30 mg 4-AcO-DET fumarate in a small glass of orange juice, followed by a cup of ginger tea to settle my stomach, and then went outside for a walk, quite nervous but mostly excited. The first alert came at T+0:15, a floaty weightlessness in my gait. Not long after that, the dynamics of my environment, like streetlights flickering in and out of view behind foliage, or the rhythmic tick-tick-tick made by the electric fence around my neighbor's chicken coop, somehow took on an air of sexual provocation. Ordinarily if I cross paths with strangers while walking alone at night, I'm a bit wary and uncomfortable until they pass, but in my intoxication I delighted in the presence of my fellow humanity, and secretly wished that someone would have cause to stop me and strike a conversation. The line between friend and stranger was heavily blurred, creating an atmosphere of communion with the entire neighborhood. As I looked out over the top of the hill at the end of my street, I happened to catch a firework off in the distance, and took it as a wink from the great unknown.

As the effect fully blossomed, it assumed a dreamlike character, and I say this for a couple reasons. Firstly, I've always observed that my emotions and sensations are somewhat muted in my dreams, such that I never quite reach the greatest extremes of agony or ecstasy even in the wildest escapades, and my trip was similarly soft around the edges. Secondly, as is typical with dreams, despite being such a radical departure from everyday consciousness, it felt utterly natural, almost sober in a way, and only in retrospect can I appreciate just how exotic the whole thing was.

I got home about forty minutes in. When I closed my eyes, I was greeted with the familiar geometry of DMT and psilocin, a bit less flamboyant in color and detail, but animated as if it were embroidered on a cloth flag which was rippling, twisting, and folding over itself. It moved with a smooth and steady flow, like a river of honey. Earlier in the day, I had been working on a musical composition, and now the piece was spontaneously pouring out from my imagination in auditory hallucinations. There was no trace of a bodyload. In a report on 4-AcO-DET entitled Solar Mint, Jamshyd described a physical sensation akin to "peppermint going through [his] nerves", which is an excellent description of the briskly tingling body-buzz I felt at times as well, but this was by no means objectionable. I was pleasantly surprised that the nausea which bothered me on lower doses of the drug was nowhere to be found!

The way that everything I saw, heard, felt, and thought coalesced into a whole greater than the sum of its parts -- like an ecosystem, with all its flora and fauna thriving in symbiosis with one another -- was enough to convince me, beyond a specter of doubt, that the ultimate identity and basic substance of the universe was nothing more than the cycle of life, victorious simply by virtue of its own existence. Sadly, I can't say exactly what this means, but in that moment, it was clear as daylight, and of nothing was I more certain. There was simply no other explanation for the fountain of vitality that gushed forth between the cracks of my mind split open by the drug. Again, as in a dream, all of this seemed perfectly ordinary, and the fact that it somehow remained a secret to the everyday mind was far more astonishing than the insight itself.

Besides slowly bending and sliding with the same viscous flow of my closed-eye visuals, everything in my external environment was rendered with a consistent aesthetic style, as if my whole field of vision were painted in the distinctive brushstrokes of a single artist -- a sort of playful, curvaceous impressionism. This effect stood as a dramatic, palpable symbolism for the notion that, indeed, there is a common spirit which pervades all of creation. From this vantage, the perennial question as to whether or not the origin of life was an accident seemed to be missing the point. Far from diminishing our significance, the idea that we could be surrounded by an infinite multiverse of lifeless chaos was exalting, like the great tail of a peacock. I picked up my phone and sent the following text message to a friend, with no context or explanation:

Fuckingggggg yes.

To me, this was entirely sufficient in conveying not only my trip, but everything that ever was, is, or will be. A singular affirmation. But not just any old yes -- a ~fucking~ yes.

I turned out the lights, sat upright on a couple pillows, and put on a jazz album (Out Here by Christian McBride). I think it will go without saying that what followed was easily the most hedonistic part of the trip, a synaesthetic ride that I can best summarize as literally having sex with the music. Of course, as with many psychedelics, the sound was animated by colorful visions, and told all kinds of stories like dangerous covert operations of undercover agents, battles with jungle beasts, love triangles, and so forth. But more unusual was that every tiny detail of the sound struck me like countless icy beads of winter rain all over my body, sending pangs of sexual pleasure crawling up my spine. It wasn't so much that I was turned on by the physical stimulation -- in fact, I wasn't particularly horny, per se -- but it truly felt like a form of intimate contact, as though a beautiful witch or goddess had used her powers to possess the band to play this music for me, for the sole purpose of touching me through the sonic medium, as a way of expressing her love and desire for me.

The simple notion that I, a boy, could be intertwined in love with a girl, was enough to dissolve the boundary between the sexes, such that I no longer made any distinction between masculine and feminine personalities, clothing, occupations, and so on. I felt imprisoned by clinging to a male identity, and inspired to freely express myself without fear of judgment, or even to defy the masculine stereotype for the sake of sheer rebellion. Looking at myself in the mirror, I saw a beauty which was independent of my physical form, radiating outward from the core of my personality and intent. The scars on my skin which I previously found difficult to accept now embellished my image all the more, as they told a story about my past.

After I had gotten my fill of unadulterated psychedelia, I ventured to explore the combination with nitrous oxide. However, before I could even take a third breath, I was repulsed by the buzz, so I let the balloon deflate, and that was the end of it. I think nitrous wasn't terribly complementary to the 4-AcO-DET because its dissociative, anxiolytic, and analgesic effects were redundant in the context of a trip so surreal, calm, and comfortable to begin with. Later, sleep came easily enough.

Looking back, of course I'm grateful for the experience, but I'm also vaguely perplexed. The evening stands in my memory as such an archetypal, fairy-tale-esque psychedelic adventure that I'm almost tempted to question whether it really was just a dream, although I know it wasn't. In the following days, I've been quite nicely relaxed, albeit a little melancholy, probably due to being preoccupied with some unrelated concerns.

TL;DR

My trip on 30 mg 4-AcO-DET proves that the drug is perfectly capable of delivering the full spectrum of spiritual and aesthetic value that we know and love from the most profound classical psychedelics, all in a remarkably undemanding and manageable package, with no discernible bodyload. If I had to nitpick, one complaint might be that the dreamy vibe of 4-AcO-DET causes it to somewhat lack the raw, emotional immediacy found in other serotonergics. And, as long as I'm wishing, although the visuals were nice, I wouldn't have minded a bit more of a show, although raising the dosage may well solve that problem. Regardless, I've developed a lot of trust in this compound, and can easily see it becoming my go-to workhorse psychedelic, depending on how things shape up in the future.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_4acodet
substancecode_tryptamines
explevel_inexperienced
exptype_positive
exptype_glowing
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome report man, really well written. :) Sounds absolutely lovely. The way you described the state of mind/your emotions as dreamlike really resonated with me. I experience the same thing in my dreams. As a kid my emotions were heightened in my dreams, but ever since I was a kid I've never had a nightmare (except once), and it seems like my emotions are almost just representative, rather than really reaching me.

Thanks for your kind words. :) I'm happy that my dream analogy resonated with you, because I think that's a key part of the report. While most of what I described easily could have happened on any top-tier psychedelic drug, that dreamlike quality is something that sets 4-AcO-DET apart from the crowd for me. It's very interesting, because it's definitely a double-edged sword.

Very interesting report, thank you, TheAppleCore! :)

I have yet to try it over 25mg and Fuckinggg Yes! to the empathy 4-Aco-DET produces, in the similar fashion it usually makes me want to scream with happiness :D

^ Thanks Volsam! I consider 30 mg my minimum dose now, and next time will probably go for at least 40. And yeah, I really wanted to scream with happiness during that sexual music experience, but alas, I would have woken up everyone in the house. :D

Wow, great report, man, I can relate to so much of this. :D In fact, I'm going to answer this piece by piece, because I feel that my thoughts in response to it need to be that thorough.

At around 9:00 P.M. on a typical Saturday evening at home, I dosed 30 mg 4-AcO-DET fumarate in a small glass of orange juice, followed by a cup of ginger tea to settle my stomach, and then went outside for a walk, quite nervous but mostly excited. The first alert came at T+0:15, a floaty weightlessness in my gait. Not long after that, the dynamics of my environment, like streetlights flickering in and out of view behind foliage, or the rhythmic tick-tick-tick made by the electric fence around my neighbor's chicken coop, somehow took on an air of sexual provocation. Ordinarily if I cross paths with strangers while walking alone at night, I'm a bit wary and uncomfortable until they pass, but in my intoxication I delighted in the presence of my fellow humanity, and secretly wished that someone would have cause to stop me and strike a conversation. The line between friend and stranger was heavily blurred, creating an atmosphere of communion with the entire neighborhood. As I looked out over the top of the hill at the end of my street, I happened to catch a firework off in the distance, and took it as a wink from the great unknown.

As the effect fully blossomed, it assumed a dreamlike character, and I say this for a couple reasons. Firstly, I've always observed that my emotions and sensations are somewhat muted in my dreams, such that I never quite reach the greatest extremes of agony or ecstasy even in the wildest escapades, and my trip was similarly soft around the edges. Secondly, as is typical with dreams, despite being such a radical departure from everyday consciousness, it felt utterly natural, almost sober in a way, and only in retrospect can I appreciate just how exotic the whole thing was.

For this, I just wanted to say that it's quite interesting to me that you went from normally feeling somewhat uncomfortable with strangers to wanting to talk to them, because while I have not actually taken 4-AcO-DET or 4-HO-DET around strangers and can't make that kind of judgement, I did find that in my stronger 4-AcO-DET trip yet there was a very strong theme of showing me that I could feel no fear at all even in response to all of the normally gruesome or alarming things I was hallucinating around me. I suspect that this was related at least partially to the dreamlike character you go on to mention, with that feeling dampened like any other, because I do also find these molecules to have a particularly dreamy and dissociated character compared to many, also to the point that I've found totally absurd things to seem almost entirely normal in the moment, but interesting nonetheless, a tryptamine psychedelic that so readily reduces fear....

I got home about forty minutes in. When I closed my eyes, I was greeted with the familiar geometry of DMT and psilocin, a bit less flamboyant in color and detail, but animated as if it were embroidered on a cloth flag which was rippling, twisting, and folding over itself. It moved with a smooth and steady flow, like a river of honey. Earlier in the day, I had been working on a musical composition, and now the piece was spontaneously pouring out from my imagination in auditory hallucinations. There was no trace of a bodyload. In a report on 4-AcO-DET entitled Solar Mint, Jamshyd described a physical sensation akin to "peppermint going through [his] nerves", which is an excellent description of the briskly tingling body-buzz I felt at times as well, but this was by no means objectionable. I was pleasantly surprised that the nausea which bothered me on lower doses of the drug was nowhere to be found!

I like your description of the visual effects here, I would say that it also matches up quite well to mine. I haven't had that sort of auditory hallucination with this one yet but I have on other psychedelics and it's always nifty when it happens, I can imagine it'd be especially cool with a composition you're making yourself. :) Also, I really wanted to point out that I find your description of the body feeling very relatable, and interesting note about Jamshyd's report. Peppermint, huh.... I'll have to ponder that a bit, but I actually do relate to your description quite directly; in fact, you may notice if you look around that I use the term "body buzz" to describe the feeling of tryptamines, particularly synthetic ones, extremely often. This is different from the more blunt feeling of physical euphoria that many of them cause for me, but most of them have both of those things, whereas I find 4-HO-DET and 4-AcO-DET to primarily have just the buzz, and I find it to be on them (and in general with tryptamines) somewhat related to the more dissociating aspects of the high, like it can sometimes increase to where the buzz is like literally ripping you apart, in the best way possible of course. 8) Cool that you had it too, I'm really getting increasingly more interested in the "body trip" aspects of these tryptamines which I know I've mentioned to you before.

The way that everything I saw, heard, felt, and thought coalesced into a whole greater than the sum of its parts -- like an ecosystem, with all its flora and fauna thriving in symbiosis with one another -- was enough to convince me, beyond a specter of doubt, that the ultimate identity and basic substance of the universe was nothing more than the cycle of life, victorious simply by virtue of its own existence. Sadly, I can't say exactly what this means, but in that moment, it was clear as daylight, and of nothing was I more certain. There was simply no other explanation for the fountain of vitality that gushed forth between the cracks of my mind split open by the drug. Again, as in a dream, all of this seemed perfectly ordinary, and the fact that it somehow remained a secret to the everyday mind was far more astonishing than the insight itself.

I love it. I always get this sort of mindset with this molecule and its indolol, and it's one of the reasons that I personally consider it to be a very mental drug, even though I also understand why others don't because I find it quite different from the mental effects of other psychedelics. Taken far enough, I find it to become about the most insane thing I've experienced on a psychedelic yet, pushing into delirium on a level comparable to actual deliriants, though still far more psychedelic in style, but it makes sense given that they also focus heavily on distorting logic while simultaneously making you increasingly oblivious to this fact.... It really makes me wonder just what mechanisms are directly involved in either of them, and if there is any sort of overlap between the two.

Besides slowly bending and sliding with the same viscous flow of my closed-eye visuals, everything in my external environment was rendered with a consistent aesthetic style, as if my whole field of vision were painted in the distinctive brushstrokes of a single artist -- a sort of playful, curvaceous impressionism. This effect stood as a dramatic, palpable symbolism for the notion that, indeed, there is a common spirit which pervades all of creation. From this vantage, the perennial question as to whether or not the origin of life was an accident seemed to be missing the point. Far from diminishing our significance, the idea that we could be surrounded by an infinite multiverse of lifeless chaos was exalting, like the great tail of a peacock.

This is very interesting to me, as I often have a hard time getting too many open eye visuals of the more sensory variety with these ones (not the more dreamlike hallucinations at all, but that's a different story), and so I haven't really had any too emotionally significant events occur from them like this, but I do however find it quite intriguing that you chose to describe them by comparing them to impressionism, because I usually describe the open eye visuals I get on it as "smoky" in nature. Really makes me want to push that aspect of it now....

I picked up my phone and sent the following text message to a friend, with no context or explanation:
Fuckingggggg yes.

To me, this was entirely sufficient in conveying not only my trip, but everything that ever was, is, or will be. A singular affirmation. But not just any old yes -- a ~fucking~ yes.

Fucking yes indeed. ;)

I turned out the lights, sat upright on a couple pillows, and put on a jazz album (Out Here by Christian McBride). I think it will go without saying that what followed was easily the most hedonistic part of the trip, a synaesthetic ride that I can best summarize as literally having sex with the music. Of course, as with many psychedelics, the sound was animated by colorful visions, and told all kinds of stories like dangerous covert operations of undercover agents, battles with jungle beasts, love triangles, and so forth. But more unusual was that every tiny detail of the sound struck me like countless icy beads of winter rain all over my body, sending pangs of sexual pleasure crawling up my spine. It wasn't so much that I was turned on by the physical stimulation -- in fact, I wasn't particularly horny, per se -- but it truly felt like a form of intimate contact, as though a beautiful witch or goddess had used her powers to possess the band to play this music for me, for the sole purpose of touching me through the sonic medium, as a way of expressing her love and desire for me.

I'm really glad you got to explore this aspect of it and it went so well, because I fucking love 4-AcO-DET and music. Pretty much everything you said was dead on for me too, synesthetic, sexual, full of meaning and human stories, intimate, darkly divine.... It's the good stuff, man. :)

The simple notion that I, a boy, could be intertwined in love with a girl, was enough to dissolve the boundary between the sexes, such that I no longer made any distinction between masculine and feminine personalities, clothing, occupations, and so on. I felt imprisoned by clinging to a male identity, and inspired to freely express myself without fear of judgment, or even to defy the masculine stereotype for the sake of sheer rebellion. Looking at myself in the mirror, I saw a beauty which was independent of my physical form, radiating outward from the core of my personality and intent. The scars on my skin which I previously found difficult to accept now embellished my image all the more, as they told a story about my past.

That's definitely an awesome state of mind to be in. :) I haven't gone this far out on this molecule yet, but I found your experience of looking at yourself in the mirror extremely relatable, and want to get back to that in a moment, so just hold on to that....

After I had gotten my fill of unadulterated psychedelia, I ventured to explore the combination with nitrous oxide. However, before I could even take a third breath, I was repulsed by the buzz, so I let the balloon deflate, and that was the end of it. I think nitrous wasn't terribly complementary to the 4-AcO-DET because its dissociative, anxiolytic, and analgesic effects were redundant in the context of a trip so surreal, calm, and comfortable to begin with. Later, sleep came easily enough.

I find this very interesting, because I honestly am increasingly realizing that it's actually mainly the methyl tryptamines that I enjoy so much with nitrous oxide, and others that I've mixed it with tend to be powerful but weird, and not uncommonly I also find myself simply forgetting the balloon and letting the rest of it go shortly after starting it. However, I will say that I think you should actually try mixing them sometimes, as their redundant effects may not be complimentary, but they sure as heck are additive. I haven't actually mixed nitrous with 4-AcO-DET yet, but I have with 4-HO-DET; as opposed to how I normally come out of it laughing, that time I came out of it with my eyes wide open and jaw dropped. At the peak I was nothing but pure infinity... always and forever. I went into it with my mind screaming at me that my brain was going to be broken forever and I could never possibly live in normal reality again after this. It was intense, man. 8o

Looking back, of course I'm grateful for the experience, but I'm also vaguely perplexed. The evening stands in my memory as such an archetypal, fairy-tale-esque psychedelic adventure that I'm almost tempted to question whether it really was just a dream, although I know it wasn't. In the following days, I've been quite nicely relaxed, albeit a little melancholy, probably due to being preoccupied with some unrelated concerns.

Definitely glad you enjoyed it, even if it left your perplexed. :) I think this is a truly powerful and fascinating psychedelic myself, and one that is surely going to draw in a more exclusive crowd than some of the others.

TL;DR

My trip on 30 mg 4-AcO-DET proves that the drug is perfectly capable of delivering the full spectrum of spiritual and aesthetic value that we know and love from the most profound classical psychedelics, all in a remarkably undemanding and manageable package, with no discernible bodyload. If I had to nitpick, one complaint might be that the dreamy vibe of 4-AcO-DET causes it to somewhat lack the raw, emotional immediacy found in other serotonergics. And, as long as I'm wishing, although the visuals were nice, I wouldn't have minded a bit more of a show, although raising the dosage may well solve that problem. Regardless, I've developed a lot of trust in this compound, and can easily see it becoming my go-to workhorse psychedelic, depending on how things shape up in the future.

You need, need, NEED to try 4-HO-MPT. Your description of 4-AcO-DET is so close to my experiences with it and 4-HO-DET, that I have a really hard time imagining that you won't also find 4-HO-MPT as similar to them as I do. However, while I do find them similar overall in their ability to produce that full spectrum psychedelia you mention without any real body problems, and to do so in particularly similar ways including even the dreamy feelings and the hard to fathom in retrospect spontaneous insights about reality, the most significant differences with 4-HO-MPT for me are specifically first of all that it has that raw, emotional intimacy just like the classics and it's enough to pierce through that dreamy feeling while still allowing the rest of its properties to play a significant role in the trip, and second of all that the visuals are very similar in their potential to me but far flashier, more colorful and recreational, especially with eyes open by comparison. In addition, 4-HO-MPT is the psychedelic that gave me the exact same sort of experience that you had looking in the mirror except with more euphoria underlying it, and I also find it to mix beautifully with nitrous oxide in a way like other methyls and not like 4-HO-DET, the way that as you know was so great it literally gave me an orgasm.... So, after reading this report, I absolutely cannot think anything but that you might enjoy the hell out of it! At least, I really, really think you should give it a shot. :D

Anyway, those are my thoughts on it all, thanks again for sharing your story! :)

Thanks for that very generously thorough reply! It really does make me happy to know that somebody else can understand and empathize with such an esoteric little slice of my life. :)

For this, I just wanted to say that it's quite interesting to me that you went from normally feeling somewhat uncomfortable with strangers to wanting to talk to them, because while I have not actually taken 4-AcO-DET or 4-HO-DET around strangers and can't make that kind of judgement, I did find that in my stronger 4-AcO-DET trip yet there was a very strong theme of showing me that I could feel no fear at all even in response to all of the normally gruesome or alarming things I was hallucinating around me. I suspect that this was related at least partially to the dreamlike character you go on to mention, with that feeling dampened like any other, because I do also find these molecules to have a particularly dreamy and dissociated character compared to many, also to the point that I've found totally absurd things to seem almost entirely normal in the moment, but interesting nonetheless, a tryptamine psychedelic that so readily reduces fear....

This helps me consolidate my views on 4-AcO-DET's general character -- indeed, it does seem to reduce fear more readily than most tryptamines, even the bulkier 4-subs like the DPTs.

Kaleida said:
I love it. I always get this sort of mindset with this molecule and its indolol, and it's one of the reasons that I personally consider it to be a very mental drug, even though I also understand why others don't because I find it quite different from the mental effects of other psychedelics. Taken far enough, I find it to become about the most insane thing I've experienced on a psychedelic yet, pushing into delirium on a level comparable to actual deliriants, though still far more psychedelic in style, but it makes sense given that they also focus heavily on distorting logic while simultaneously making you increasingly oblivious to this fact.... It really makes me wonder just what mechanisms are directly involved in either of them, and if there is any sort of overlap between the two.

I'm curious what mechanisms might be involved in that effect, too... something inhibitory rather than excitatory, that's all I know. The phenomenon of, as you say, heavily distorting logic while simultaneously making you increasingly oblivious to this fact, is also something I've noticed to a lesser extent in LSD, and it's very interesting in that it offers a unique opportunity to calmly explore those extreme states of consciousness without being overwhelmed by the emotional impact, which might be a source of distraction on something like 4-AcO-DMT.

Kaleida said:
This is very interesting to me, as I often have a hard time getting too many open eye visuals of the more sensory variety with these ones (not the more dreamlike hallucinations at all, but that's a different story), and so I haven't really had any too emotionally significant events occur from them like this, but I do however find it quite intriguing that you chose to describe them by comparing them to impressionism, because I usually describe the open eye visuals I get on it as "smoky" in nature. Really makes me want to push that aspect of it now....

Well, the painted vision thing wasn't so much a sensory visual, it was more like I just interpreted my environment differently. I like to compare this sort of visual to seeing constellations in the stars, where you're not actually seeing anything new, but you're just recognizing a pattern in what's already there. But I was actually debating whether to use the word "smoky" to describe the effect. :)

Kaleida said:
I find this very interesting, because I honestly am increasingly realizing that it's actually mainly the methyl tryptamines that I enjoy so much with nitrous oxide, and others that I've mixed it with tend to be powerful but weird, and not uncommonly I also find myself simply forgetting the balloon and letting the rest of it go shortly after starting it. However, I will say that I think you should actually try mixing them sometimes, as their redundant effects may not be complimentary, but they sure as heck are additive. I haven't actually mixed nitrous with 4-AcO-DET yet, but I have with 4-HO-DET; as opposed to how I normally come out of it laughing, that time I came out of it with my eyes wide open and jaw dropped. At the peak I was nothing but pure infinity... always and forever. I went into it with my mind screaming at me that my brain was going to be broken forever and I could never possibly live in normal reality again after this. It was intense, man. 8o

When I try to picture a psychedelic that would mesh well with nitrous oxide, the first one that comes to mind for me is 4-HO-MET, then 4-AcO-DMT, so it makes sense intuitively that methyl tryptamines would work. That 4-HO-DET + nitrous trip does sound pretty intense though, I should really give the combo a fair chance at some point...

Kaleida said:
You need, need, NEED to try 4-HO-MPT. Your description of 4-AcO-DET is so close to my experiences with it and 4-HO-DET, that I have a really hard time imagining that you won't also find 4-HO-MPT as similar to them as I do. However, while I do find them similar overall in their ability to produce that full spectrum psychedelia you mention without any real body problems, and to do so in particularly similar ways including even the dreamy feelings and the hard to fathom in retrospect spontaneous insights about reality, the most significant differences with 4-HO-MPT for me are specifically first of all that it has that raw, emotional intimacy just like the classics and it's enough to pierce through that dreamy feeling while still allowing the rest of its properties to play a significant role in the trip, and second of all that the visuals are very similar in their potential to me but far flashier, more colorful and recreational, especially with eyes open by comparison. In addition, 4-HO-MPT is the psychedelic that gave me the exact same sort of experience that you had looking in the mirror except with more euphoria underlying it, and I also find it to mix beautifully with nitrous oxide in a way like other methyls and not like 4-HO-DET, the way that as you know was so great it literally gave me an orgasm.... So, after reading this report, I absolutely cannot think anything but that you might enjoy the hell out of it! At least, I really, really think you should give it a shot. :D

Well, you've definitely sold me on it. :D As of yesterday, I put in an order for some 4-HO-MPT.

Thanks for that very generously thorough reply! It really does make me happy to know that somebody else can understand and empathize with such an esoteric little slice of my life. :)

You're quite welcome, I'm happy to be able to relate to others this way as well and am certainly willing to contribute some of my thoughts on the matter. :)

This helps me consolidate my views on 4-AcO-DET's general character -- indeed, it does seem to reduce fear more readily than most tryptamines, even the bulkier 4-subs like the DPTs.

Did you know that psilocybin-induced decrease in amygdala reactivity correlates with enhanced positive mood in healthy volunteers? I'm very interested to know if there's a connection between these two factors, like maybe the 4-sub-DETs actually cause this to happen much more readily compared to the other tryptamine-typical effects relative to others in its class. I think that would be a cool area to explore scientifically.

I'm curious what mechanisms might be involved in that effect, too... something inhibitory rather than excitatory, that's all I know. The phenomenon of, as you say, heavily distorting logic while simultaneously making you increasingly oblivious to this fact, is also something I've noticed to a lesser extent in LSD, and it's very interesting in that it offers a unique opportunity to calmly explore those extreme states of consciousness without being overwhelmed by the emotional impact, which might be a source of distraction on something like 4-AcO-DMT.

Yeah, I would definitely say I've noticed it on LSD as well, and I actually get some of these dark and deliriant-like visuals that are common on 4-HO-DET and 4-AcO-DET for me on LSD as well, just alongside the sort of bright, shiny, happy things I also get on most other psychedelics; it's part of why I think of it as such a great full spectrum trip, covering both the light and the dark. The DETs definitely do have an advantage by focusing more heavily on the latter for me though, since the happy stuff is like you a potential distraction, and I would definitely agree that they provide a very unique opportunity here. There really aren't any other psychedelics I've tried that are quite like them honestly, even the rest of the 4-substituted tryptamines are fairly distinct in some key ways....

Well, the painted vision thing wasn't so much a sensory visual, it was more like I just interpreted my environment differently. I like to compare this sort of visual to seeing constellations in the stars, where you're not actually seeing anything new, but you're just recognizing a pattern in what's already there. But I was actually debating whether to use the word "smoky" to describe the effect. :)

Gotcha, gotcha.... Well, very interesting nonetheless, especially with our overlapping vocabulary. :) Yeah, I get what you mean about the constellations.... That's actually part of why I love walking around forests on really crisply visual psychedelics, the level of geometric patterning already present in the environment without even the need for hallucination that you never would have noticed otherwise is absolutely staggering, and beautiful beyond words.

When I try to picture a psychedelic that would mesh well with nitrous oxide, the first one that comes to mind for me is 4-HO-MET, then 4-AcO-DMT, so it makes sense intuitively that methyl tryptamines would work. That 4-HO-DET + nitrous trip does sound pretty intense though, I should really give the combo a fair chance at some point...

Hehe, I'll definitely be interested to hear what you say if you do give it a chance. =D I actually haven't combined nitrous oxide with either 4-AcO-DMT or mushrooms yet, but I really, really want to, it's definitely high up on my list. 4-HO-MET and nitrous is fucking incredible.... Second only to 4-HO-MPT if you ask me. :) Though, 4-AcO-MALT is threatening to push it out with that incredible orgasmic experience, but as a full-blown, beautifully balanced psychedelic overload, 4-HO-MET definitely still takes the cake, and is still pretty freaking close to orgasmic nonetheless, definitely the closest anything has gotten for me to those other two.

Well, you've definitely sold me on it. :D As of yesterday, I put in an order for some 4-HO-MPT.

I am incredibly excited to hear how this goes for you, I'll be very eagerly awaiting the report. :D