• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Interviewing for healthcare position

feedtheSoul

Bluelighter
Hello. I've been searching for a job and recently was called back by a hospital looking for a PCA (patient care assistant) for anyone who doesn't know it's just assisting the RNs and patients with tasks such as moving patients, accounting for things, taking vitals, etc. no license or certification is needed.

However, I know I'll be drug tested. I have synthetic urine, but I'm wondering how far a hospital may go to find traces of illicit drugs. And I'm in New York, of course, which takes no BS whatsoever lol.
I've been smoking weed for 7years, daily.... it will take forever to empty my system.
i heard they sometimes have coloring in the toilet for example. Please let me know anything that I should be cautious about or keep my eyes open for. I'd rather fail the drug test than have them learn it was synthetic (that's a crime iirc?)

theyre also doing a bloodtest , physical, check for vaccines, etc. Would the blood test be used for drug testing as well as the urine sample? If so, I obviously can't use the synthetic.

any other similar jobs without a degree or license needed that you recommend looking into that's a safer bet?

thanks guys

feedtheSoul

Also, I figure I should start trying to clear my system now, even though I know any trace over the threshold means you fail. I use marijuana for pain and do have CBD e liquid-is this ingredient in marijuana considered illicit as well?

Do you have a script? If you do, then it's legit, and just be honest. You have a dx, for pain, etc? Can this all be verfied?

It sounds like a really good job.. congrats. It'll be about a month for the weed to completely clear your system.

Anything with hospital and patients will usually require testing...

No, no script. The cops have been at my house several times the past few months and know about my usage. They asked me if it relaxes me, and if so then it'll be legal soon anyway. (I'm in New York which I think only prescribes to cancer patients right now, not sure - maybe I should check)

thanks Diamonds, I think this job would be rewarding. Emergency room visits are stressful for me and a PCA changed my attitude one time, I want to help other people conquer their difficulties or struggles while learning to cope with mine. They also give you training and benefits, so I really, really want this job. I wonder if I fail the test if they say perhaps in a few months if I'm able to pass a test that they'd still be interested in hiring me. However, you don't need a license or degree for this job, so it's also very likely they could find someone else. Maybe quit and apply at different hospitals when I'm clean?

uber finally starts here on July 1st so I'm cleaning my car to the bone and going to make use of this app until I can find a substantial job.

Ah, I see. Yeah if you test positive it would be difficult to get hired although that happened to my friend for a job at a dealership (since they are always driving high end cars, they are regularly drug tested). Although, he was re- tested about a week later due to "One stupid night" sort of thing. But he also has amazing experience/references and literally killed it at the job interview.