• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

June Getting/Staying Clean/Sober Thread vs. "Summer Solstice Pagan Rites"

I celebrate my 10 months clean and sober today! 10 months ago, i washed up in detox, here i am today!

Congrats man. I just celebrated 8 months yesterday. Hard to believe how much better shit gets. Seriously though. 10 months is a big accomplishment.

Grats you guys, on your clean time!

Thank you to everyone here for your support. Today was day 1 in my outpatient program. It was weird. The UA bathrooms have mirrors everywhere and I wasn't expecting that. I think the tests are a decent way to keep me honest with my program however. It's going to be a long process I can tell. One day at a time.

One day at a time.

Thank you to everyone here for your support. Today was day 1 in my outpatient program. It was weird. The UA bathrooms have mirrors everywhere and I wasn't expecting that. I think the tests are a decent way to keep me honest with my program however. It's going to be a long process I can tell. One day at a time.

One day at a time.

Yep. For sure.
Good luck, you'll be fine..;)

One day at a time.

Drug tests administered by my friend have been a big part of my recovery. It's kind of invasive. But it's worked for me. Good luck, man!

I hate to bring politics to SL, but this has implications for many of us, so I'm gonna speak up. I just finished enrolling me and my wife in healthcare through healthcare.gov (Obamacare). I've never bought health insurance on the private market, and never could in the past due to pre-existing conditions. The process was a breeze. I'm just fucking blown away by the mean-spiritedness of the Republican healthcare bills currently going through the US Congress. I can't believe they intend to tear down this program. Breaks my heart.

Almost finished my Tramadol taper.. just a few more days and I am out..
This time I am really motivated to stop this shit forever.
I realized this by reading all of my journals that I saved in txt files whenever I tried to get sober. So much written pain in the last few years. The pattern of the journal is always the same: getting off the tramadol, staying clean for 10 to max 30 days and start over again. But this time I put all of my energy in this process to get out of this abyss.

Have a nice day guys... Reading the sober living forum helps me a lot.

∆Nice work.. Find what you need to break that cycle and have it in place before it gets you. Round and round and round we all go until we find an exit.

I headed up for a recovery raft float.. But its pissing cold rain.. So I'm kicking it by a north woods fire and going to read and chill. Hit up the river tomorrow weather willing.

I hate to bring politics to SL, but this has implications for many of us, so I'm gonna speak up. I just finished enrolling me and my wife in healthcare through healthcare.gov (Obamacare). I've never bought health insurance on the private market, and never could in the past due to pre-existing conditions. The process was a breeze. I'm just fucking blown away by the mean-spiritedness of the Republican healthcare bills currently going through the US Congress. I can't believe they intend to tear down this program. Breaks my heart.

It beats me.

It beats me.

Well, one, because our federal government has a massive deficit. That would be the first and foremost reason.

If you were an individual with the relative finances of the US federal government, you wouldn't be buying everyone health care. You'd be filing for bankruptcy and hoping to god that the judge gives you a favorable payment plan.

There'll be a day when we've ruined our economy beyond repair, and taxing people who don't have jobs a greater amount won't bring in more money. U.S. will then default on its loans to foreign governments. Then we'll really be in the shit.

Both the R's and D's want to run us into the ground financially and make a fortune in their political careers along the way. D's want to at least give people some basic benefits, which is a good thing. The R's want to see the world go up in flames from missiles and war. Will mean the same thing when we're all broke and starving in 100-200 years.

^^
So long as the plan involves tax breaks on investment income for the richest Americans it's hard for me to buy this as an austerity measure.

Well, one, because our federal government has a massive deficit. That would be the first and foremost reason.

If you were an individual with the relative finances of the US federal government, you wouldn't be buying everyone health care. You'd be filing for bankruptcy and hoping to god that the judge gives you a favorable payment plan.

There'll be a day when we've ruined our economy beyond repair, and taxing people who don't have jobs a greater amount won't bring in more money. U.S. will then default on its loans to foreign governments. Then we'll really be in the shit.

Both the R's and D's want to run us into the ground financially and make a fortune in their political careers along the way. D's want to at least give people some basic benefits, which is a good thing. The R's want to see the world go up in flames from missiles and war. Will mean the same thing when we're all broke and starving in 100-200 years.

Thanks for this CH.