• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

June Getting/Staying Clean/Sober Thread vs. "Summer Solstice Pagan Rites"

Getting the vivitrol shot tomorrow evening since I got a new car recently and I can't stay sober on my own. I got high today but I don't think my habit is big enough to have real bad PWD.

YES IT MIGHT BE. Please reschedule. Getting high within that short period of time, even if it's just once, is a recipe for pain and suffering. Just my 2 cents. Not worth it if you go through precipitated withdrawal.

Using antagonists is an acceptable protocol, though I wouldn't recommend it personally, but you want to be sober on your own for at least 1-2 weeks.

Please reconsider. It's your life but I don't want you suffering needlessly.

I've gotten the shot with opiates still in my system before with a way more intense habit and it was really only that first 12hr period that really sucked

as much as it would be nice to reschedule, my family would give me a pile of shit for not getting it. I knew what I was getting into when I got high today, now I just have to take it on the chin and keep it pushin

I've gotten the shot with opiates still in my system before with a way more intense habit and it was really only that first 12hr period that really sucked

as much as it would be nice to reschedule, my family would give me a pile of shit for not getting it. I knew what I was getting into when I got high today, now I just have to take it on the chin and keep it pushin

Glad to hear you have previous experience. I think you should be fine.

Im excited about this 'float for recovery' thats coming up. Its cool that sober activities like this excite me,while back in the day i could have really gave 2 shits about doing fun things sober.
What makes it cool is that i will be volunteering at this float recovery, so it will make it all worth while.

Does anyone else get involved with recovery-related activities?

That sounds fun D's, I'm glad you're getting time in with your community. I look at it like this:

I try to make my like as much as recovery-related activity as possible (the more one "does recovery" the easier it gets, after all). Personally, I tend to dislike formal events organized by the recovery community, for a handful of reasons actually. But otherwise I'm all about recovery-related activities and integrating them as habits into my life. Just because some people wouldn't think to use the word recovery to describe a lot of what I do doesn't mean those activities don't share a similar purpose (promoting wellbeing, etc).

In other news, I thought four day weeks were weird. I'm discovering that the week after a four day week is even weirder.

Im excited about this 'float for recovery' thats coming up. Its cool that sober activities like this excite me,while back in the day i could have really gave 2 shits about doing fun things sober.
What makes it cool is that i will be volunteering at this float recovery, so it will make it all worth while.

Hey D's... yes... I have registered for an NA retreat scheduled for the end of August... it is on a ranch in the mountains of Colorado and the location is beautiful... I am looking forward to it!

Not really. I do a lot of things on my own.

Glad to hear you're having a great time though D's, you sound like a true inspiration to so many people in your local community :)

How does everyone here deal with boredom, especially at work? I currently work from home and my job has a lot of downtime. I have a strong work ethic but I've become used to only really working maybe 3 hours out of the 8 I'm scheduled. I do get short bursts of energy throughout the day where I feel mindful and in the zone, but when there's no work to be done, I find myself browsing the internet, snacking or watching TV/movies. I'm getting really sick of feeling like I've done nothing all day. I have plenty of recreational activities to do when I'm not working, but the boredom and periods of inactivity do affect areas of my life where I need to be motivated and productive.

What would you guys do in my situation? I think getting a new job would be ideal, but pretend like it's not an option right now (because it's not a priority for me).

Sometimes we think that things will get better if we move but that does not work from my experience. We just carry our problems elsewhere..
Try to see what it is that is taking the pleasure out of your daily activities. Try new things, new perspectives. Change routines.
Good luck! :)

Nice work! Two years is awesome. Going to do anything to celebrate/reward yourself for reaching this milestone?

I feel like i'm slipping, been catching myself worrying about the future to much. My friends are dating, and it bothers me.
I'm doing what i know is right,staying out of relationships until i have something to offer because right now i still dont have anything to bring,except myself.
Maybe i am jealous, and theres some envy involved, i want what they have,which is a girlfriend.
I know what i am doing is right, i just dont want it to fester into a resentment..
God please remove these difficulties that i am experiencing. Replace them with unconditional love of others.

I feel like i'm slipping, been catching myself worrying about the future to much. My friends are dating, and it bothers me.
I'm doing what i know is right,staying out of relationships until i have something to offer because right now i still dont have anything to bring,except myself.
Maybe i am jealous, and theres some envy involved, i want what they have,which is a girlfriend.
I know what i am doing is right, i just dont want it to fester into a resentment..
God please remove these difficulties that i am experiencing. Replace them with unconditional love of others.

It's natural to want more than you have in life. Acceptance is a great thing to work on.

A lot of relationships get really bad anyways. Being single is a really great thing that people take for granted and don't appreciate correctly.

You're doing the right thing by staying single and working on yourself.

^ So true.

When we stop thinking about it, it happens. Let it take its own course.
You'll be fine!

Thanks for the responses, I'm really taking a look at what made me feel that way. I wanted that girl as my girlfriend,my motives were selfish.
It still bothers me when i see others in sobriety think that they are 'greater than you', still working on controlling that anger because anger is a dubious luxury that i do not have.
I'm just really grateful today that i woke up clean and sober this morning,and didn't have to 'come to'.

Glad to be able to participate and be involved with the community i live in. Feels good to wear that shirt that says volunteer.

I'm just really grateful today that i woke up clean and sober this morning,and didn't have to 'come to'.

Glad to be able to participate and be involved with the community i live in. Feels good to wear that shirt that says volunteer.

Right on! :)

I am currently looking for self-help daily devotional books that arnt religious, looking for something spiritual, that i can read each day,and may have something in there about a daily goal.
Any ideas?