• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Glaucine hbr, 150 mg - went through almost 2 grams in the course of a month.

throatgorge

Bluelighter
I recently gave Glaucine, a dissociative derived from the yellow horned poppy a spin around the block-- quite a number of times, and it exceeded my expectations. As you would expect from a poppy based dissociative, the feeling is rather like DXM, but with fewer unpleasant side effects, although some people have experienced disphoria. I find it very euphoric. It has a number of characteristics not present with DXM, though.
For one, I find it both seriously introspective and empathogenic. It is a strong tranquilizer, but fairly weak as a psychedelic, especially in terms of both OEV and CEV, although some people report colorful hallucinations. It did seem to alter my vision and it did generate a higher complexity of phosphens than normal. The main psychedelic effect was the ride it takes your mind on, the altered state of consciousness that makes you very introspective and destroys stress and anger.
It is definitely a major cause of couchplant, with some thought deceleration to the point where ordinary tasks seem very hard to engage in. That is one downside, but the high is both strong and pleasant. Curiously, the body high is very similar to that of mushrooms-- I felt very weak and wobbly in a pleasant way, and had the same kind of frequent yawning that occurs on a mushroom trip. Very interesting stuff.
It also has a strong aphrodisiac quality, in that I get very horny each time I take it, although it tends to reduce the firmness of my erection and delay orgasm significantly.
It seems to want to make you expel a lot of body waste and body fluids; I shit and piss a lot on it, and the sense of horniness is coupled with the feeling that I really want to ejeculate while on it. No doubt at higher doses nausea and vomiting would be likely.
It also had a surprising appetite suppressant effect on me. Eating is a chore on this stuff; a few bites is all I have the will to eat.
Combines very nicely with kava, with ONLY a very small amounts of alcohol (too much will produce nausea).
When combined with phenibut, the aphrodisiac effect is powerful, and erections were not an issue.
Combined with phenibut and adderall, produces effects on par with MDMA, the mushroom feeling becomes more of a rolling effect, and the empathogenic factor is increased.
I think how you respond to this substance is effected by what else you have been taking; my wife had a horrible time on it, but she had picked the lock where I keep her adderall, to prevent her from doing too much of it, and she went through all of her prescription in a week, consequently she was experiencing withdrawal from the stuff when she took it and it made her highly dysphoric, and actually paranoid. When I got out of the bathroom and went to feed my kids, she thought I was making a shit sandwich for them to eat.
"I'm not touching this stuff again, it was horrible."
I tend to not take it a lot, the introspection makes me feel like laying around all day makes me no better than a heroin addict. It could have some minor anti-addictive properties in that regard.
As to addictive potential, it is said to not be addictive or build tolerance, but this is too new a substance to tell; for years GHB was said to be non addictive, and consequently I experience with drug addiction after going through 20 liters of BDO in three years-- really it was hell when I ran out.
So be cautious with it.
I see this as an easily every day or every other day mild psychedelic, like marijuana can be (I don't smoke weed very often, although I enjoy it when I do).
For me it is extremely enjoyable. To be taken on an empty stomach.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_glaucine
explevel_experienced
explevel_retrospective
exptype_positive
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
I have only read a few reports on glaucine, but yours is the first I've seen that is positive. Interesting, thanks. :)

correction: that was four grams. had another 2 grams this month; learning things. body high/tactile enhancement are incredible. I find that 50 milligrams is just as strong as the higher doses. The acuity of visual field is absolutely not all in my head or placebo, although it is subtle. I discovered this by lying on my back and staring at the ceiling. It was at this time that I noticed that objects in my peripheral vision were as vividly defined as objects strait ahead. I could read all the icons on my bedside monitor without moving my eyes. I read that this can cause spontaneous orgasms in females-- as a male, I can see how this works. Nearly every erotic thought seems to be felt physically by the body. I became sensitive to my own galvanic responses almost as though they were being externally stimulated. I think there are two main reasons this stuff has been received so negatively-- 1. people take a higher dose than is needed, which can be uncomfortable at times. more side effects. 2. people aren't expecting such a strong reaction to a cheap, natural, and legal high, and therefore are not prepared

I didn't really find enough interesting things about glaucine to warrant a proper trip report but I'll chime in with a quick couple observations. 1) I found it certainly active but not distinctly pleasurable or euphoric, just "there". I count this as a positive because it didn't really come with any negative aspects and I like altered states. 2) I found it mildly dissociative not like traditional NDMA antagonists but more that I cared less to think about things and cared less to engage with things. Just a chill and watch things kind of mood. 3) I once took WAY too much (safety profile seems decent at least) and for about 5 minutes I felt like I was about to enter a massive mushroom high, and then just ended up with slight dis-coordination, heightened visual acuity (which I would say lead to colour appreciation when thereafter watching Lord of the Rings) and lots of yawning/strange but not awful body load.

All in all, if you are someone who likes substances to really enhance your experiences or to escape reality with comfort, this probably isn't going to be a favourite. If you are like me and often indulge in things just to experience the world through a different state (I once threw something out like 60 uses in because it literally took me that long to figure out I wasn't having a good time nearly any time I took it, just not bad enough of a time to discount the experience), it is pretty cheap, seems to not prove much of a health risk and unless you take 200 or 300 mg you aren't really going to be in a state you might have to ride out other than not operating motor vehicles or whatnot. I would say higher doses change the experience, but I agree with many that lower doses provide as much as or more of what one is probably interested in.

Trip safe!

Loved glaucine, it's basically Ketamine lite. Mild visuals and dissociative thought patterns. High doses make you feel sick. Last time I had it, I felt like I was literally in a dream. Like weird speed. It also keeps me up for hours, even when the high has worn off. Worth a try but not exactly a must unless you like to try everything.

I found it interesting back when I took it probably 10 years ago but I don't remember a dosage and I couldn't see that I posted about it here. I just noticed it has the diarylethylamine structure hidden in it (think diphenidine).

I always figured this stuff would be unpleasant, as a dopamine antagonist. There aren't a lot of reports on it though, apparently there are at least a few positive ones. I've also read some negative reports.

I noticed interesting alterations of color and a bit of a serenity with it, just need a refresher. I am already taking a dopamine antagonist so I doubt it can be much worse than how I feel everyday.

i went through one gram and didnt found it to be very interesting, only thing i remember is that when you take a little too much then it makes you very stimulated, but not in a good way.