• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Sub to H & Back - Takes longer and longer

darky185

Greenlighter
Haven't posted on here in quite awhile... been doing mostly good but you know how it is to be an H addict.

So I've been on/off subs for years, when I was younger I'd wait till I was sick, take my subs and feel better, now subs do almost nothing for me a few days. At first I figured this was just due to tolerance as I was shooting 2g's or so a day of dope at the end of my latest run, took me 5 days to feel better. Now I've just done a short run of a week, never at more than 1g/day and I still had the same trouble.

Not only do I find that I have to wait longer, i.e. after 36 hours taking sub still made me feel bad vs good, not precip bad but certainly not good, but I do find it takes several times as long to be back to "normal" on sub, i.e 2-3 days. I remember someone on opiophile(RIP) saying the more they switched back and forth the harder it was and that it'd take them a weekend to do the switch.

Have you guys found this to be true? The most often/longer you've been on subs the harder it is to go back, or is just a function of tolerance now that mine is so jacked up I cannot easily go back to sub and it takes a few days to drop down enough for the sub to help.

correct me if i'm wrong but isn't it known as kindling? or is that more to do with wd's as opposed to just swapping from one to the other?
oh, and welcome back to brown town

Not sure what "kindling" is, been away from the boards for years. This is year 8 for me in the opiate game, I've been on and off sub for at least the last 5.

It's the wd's that are the issue, even after 36 hours from my last shot of dope, even if it's weak, sub does fuck all and continues like that for a few days. Seems to get harder to switch back to sub every time I try it. I'm curious if this is just a function of tolerance or what?

yeah that's kindling man. i'm not totally clue'd up on what it is exactly, in fact its kinda just one of those phenomena that no one's 100% on.
in a nutshell, each rattle (detox) gets harder than the one previous - just a cumulative suck.
small sticks make the fire grow bigger? sorry i don't feel like i'm making an awful lot of sense :D maybe check out this thread on kindling man.

yeah that's kindling man. i'm not totally clue'd up on what it is exactly, in fact its kinda just one of those phenomena that no one's 100% on.
in a nutshell, each rattle (detox) gets harder than the one previous - just a cumulative suck.
small sticks make the fire grow bigger? sorry i don't feel like i'm making an awful lot of sense :D maybe check out this thread on kindling man.

An excellent link, thank you. While I certainly do agree with it, as I'm not actually going through withdrawals I cannot say if they're getting worse, simply that the transition to Bupe is getting worse and worse. I do feel my wd takes longer to start now, at least physically for whatever reason.

its probably down to going from an IR substance (heroin) to an ER (bupe), must be pretty confusing for your body? plus the amount of time you've been taking the subs? who knows man aha

I agree 100%. I?m telling you that it?s the fetanyl in the dope now a days. The fet is so strong that the bupe barely touches it for a few days. I litterally feel like shit up until day 4 where I start to feel somewhat normal again

I agree 100%. I?m telling you that it?s the fetanyl in the dope now a days. The fet is so strong that the bupe barely touches it for a few days. I litterally feel like shit up until day 4 where I start to feel somewhat normal again

That's really shitty. They need to make heroin great again

Replying to original post - my experience has been the same; if expect to feel crappy swapping to subs for quite a few days