• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Cassandra Sainsbury's cocaine smuggling case 'could be closed in 90 days if she admit

Cassie Sainsbury's fiance says the accused cocaine mule will 'admit to smuggling charges' before her case is heard in Colombian court

Cassandra Sainsbury is expected to confess to acting as cocaine mule based on tell all TV confessions from her family and fiance.
In a soon to air interview with Channel 7, the 22-year-old's partner Scott Broadbridge has reportedly conceded Sainsbury will admit her role in an international drug syndicate- before the case is heard in court, The Daily Telegraph reported.
Sainsbury, who is still behind bars in Columbia, is understood to have given her partner permission to sell his side of the story.

In a promo for the Channel 7 interview Broadbridge says his partner's flight to Columbia was a surprise to him.
Broadbridge is expected to explain what he knows about the syndicate behind the cocaine deal.
Sainsbury's mother Lisa Evans and sister Khala Sainsbury reportedly sold their story to the Channel Nine program for approximately $1million.

Ms Sainsbury's mother and sister travelled to Colombia this week for the first time since her arrest on April 11.
She was caught with 5.8kg of cocaine in her suitcase at El Dorado International Airport.
Last week Sainsbury expressed concern with her family's attempt to sell her story. She urged them to wait until her trial was finished.
'Once I've been sentenced I'm happy to talk about what happened because my case isn't in jeopardy then,' she said.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ss-based-family-interviews.html#ixzz4hT4zzMJA

I wonder if that's her novia

Sounds like she was deffo living a double life. She happens to visit chi a a d her ticket is purchased in HK?

You don't just waltz into Bogota and happen to get over ten lbs of coke packed to transport. She got caught muling. It's sad but I'm willing to bet she knows other ppl who maybe have done something similar. That coke was going to so.eone, I doubt she would be able to shift that much weight. What would that fetch in Australia? 5.8 kg

Let's just say lots.
Coke is embarassingly expensive here. Among the most per gram in the world.
I think you're right about the circumstances. Her headphones story would be laughable, were it not so sad.

I read the follow up book to "Hotel K" which interviewed drug smugglers in Bali. The mark up from Colombia to Australia is unfathomable. 1 gram in Australia pretty much equals the cost of 5 kilos there. :\

60 Minutes claim ‘Cocaine Cassie’s fiancee Scott Broadbridge is “person of interest” in drugs case

CASSIE Sainsbury’s fiancee Scott Broadbridge is a person of interest to Colombian prosecutors investigating the Adelaide woman’s drug case, 60 Minutes will claim tonight.
Sainsbury and her mother Lisa Evans hadn’t spoken for up to five months before the 22-year-old was arrested on April 12 when police found 5.8kg of cocaine in her luggage.
Evans and Sainsbury’s sister Khala, who travelled to Bogota at Channel 9’s expense, claim Sainsbury doesn’t fully understand her predicament.

a05446dac2e8cfe42e5803abb8a2317f

“She tends to be up and frivolous one day and down and quite depressed the next,” reporter Liam Bartlett said.
“I’m not totally convinced that the gravitas of the situation has hit home to her personally yet.
“Just the things she has said, for a person in her position, appear flippant and not grounded in reality. Her legal team tell us she is very fearful.

“This 22-year-old is facing a minimum of 21 years and four months (if found guilty) — the same amount of time she’s spent on earth.”
Seven’s Sunday Night is also in Bogota with Broadbridge, who has suggested Sainsbury is likely to plead guilty to being a drug mule for a mystery international syndicate, despite continuing to protest her innocence.

CONT -

http://www.news.com.au/national/60-...e/news-story/5e494c4ea496c0767321e49a0e96aca2

THE reggae music was pumping, crowds of young people chattered in jeans and stylish tops and our group of Aussies and Europeans were sat at a bar table drinking rum and cokes.
But this wasn’t quite like a night out anywhere else: someone was openly rolling and smoking a joint right next to us.

what?!
sounds like a totally normal night out to me...

Yep true. Maybe it'll come out in time how she met or found the connection to go there and get hooked up etc.

I can see a book being published in the future, perhaps even a locked up abroad episode being made.

Although she is unlucky to be in this predicament at least she didn't try this stunt in Asia. If she was to plead guilty in Indonesia or Thailand to a similar drug charge she would be looking at a hell of a lot longer jail sentence than 4 years that's for sure.

I read the follow up book to "Hotel K" which interviewed drug smugglers in Bali. The mark up from Colombia to Australia is unfathomable. 1 gram in Australia pretty much equals the cost of 5 kilos there. :\

Yeah i read that book too, it was titled "Snowing in Bali" and i must say it was a great read and very insightful into the workings of international drug smuggling.

I believe the Author also wrote a book on Schapelle Corby

Yeah true, Asian places would be heaps worse to get caught for this kind of thing.

I think she will be facing a fair bit more than 4 years though, that last article I posted says -

This 22-year-old is facing a minimum of 21 years and four months (if found guilty)

Last edited:
Cassie Sainsbury lawyers seek an injunction to block Channel 7’s Sunday Night program

CHANNEL 7 have fought off an urgent injunction order sought by the Australian lawyers acting for drug accused Cassie Sainsbury in an attempt to block the broadcast of tonight’s Sunday Night program with her fiance, Scott Broadbridge.
Lawyers for the TV network won the right to air their star witness story, which has promised to reveal details of ‘Cocaine Cassie’s’ arrest, as well as backgrounding by Broadbridge on how and why she came to be in Bogotá, the capital of Colombia.
NSW Supreme Court Justice John Sackar dismissed the application from Sainsbury’s lawyers after the court was closed to the media to hear evidence.
“I dismiss the plaintiff’s application and there is no restraint on Channel Seven in relation to their Sunday program this evening,” he said in court.
Sainsbury’s lawyers had also sort to enforce an injunction against News Corp from publishing as well but this was dropped before the bid against Channel 7 was defeated.

Cont -

http://www.news.com.au/national/cas...SF&utm_source=News.com.au&utm_medium=Facebook

Cassie Sainsbury’s uncle denies he ever employed her in a cleaning business

THE uncle of alleged drug mule Cassie Sainsbury has denied he employed his niece in a cleaning business which she said regularly flew her to Sydney and around the world — eventually landing her in Bogota and a Colombian jail cell.

Neil Sainsbury and Cassie’s father Stuart both accused the 22-year-old of lying about how she came to be arrested at El Dorado airport, with 5.8 kilograms of cocaine hidden in 18 sets of headphones she said she’d bought as gifts for her upcoming wedding party.

Her uncle, who described himself as a former military investigator, told Seven’s Sunday Night he had never owned a business or employed Cassie — despite the fact she had told her fiance, Scott Broadbridge the job required her to fly to Sydney, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles and most recently to Colombia this year.

In a bizarre story, presented by reporter Denham Hitchcock, Broadbridge said a mystery couple who bought the cleaning company from Neil Sainsbury had paid her $1800 each month to fly to Sydney — payments he confirmed to have seen in her bank account.

The couple, identified to Broadbridge as “Karen and June Dolsholt,” could not be found by Seven on the Australian electoral roll, or in any other identity or business record searches.

But Broadbridge denied his bride-to-be was lying, telling Seven: “I know she’s not an accused drug smuggler ... all that matters to me is that I’m with her and that trumps all these negative stories and what people think.

Asked if they kept secrets from each other, he said: “no, not at all, we tell each other everything,” but later conceded: “I’m getting the suspicion that possibly fake names were given” regarding the cleaning cover story.

Mr Broadbridge said he would wait for Cassie — even if she was jailed for 20 years — but at one point he admitted the odds were stacked against the couple.

“Everything is telling me I should just walk away,’ he told the program.

In another shock revelation, Nine News has claimed Cassie previously worked as a prostitute at a western Sydney brothel. Nine reported the Adelaide woman previously worked at Club 220 Gentleman’s Club in Penrith in the months leading up to her trip to Colombia.

Meanwhile, court documents lodged by Cassie’s Australian lawyers claim she was forced to act as a cocaine mule after she was threatened by a mystery international drugs syndicate.

Broadbridge and Cassie had begun dating soon after they met in an Adelaide nightclub two years ago, with Broadbridge proposing marriage when they were on a holiday cruise in Vanuatu last October.

The wedding date was set for February 10 next year, apparently discussing what gifts they would buy their bridal party before Sainsbury took off for her latest trip.

But her claim the headphones seized by immigration officials were bought to give their wedding attendants has also been tested — with Seven suggesting the brand are only sold in one electrical store in Bogota and sales records show no bulk purchases during the time of her visit.

When a personal training business she set up in Adelaide’s Yorke Town failed last year, Sainsbury then told Broadbridge she had been given a job in the cleaning company she said was owned by her uncle.

However, Neil Sainsbury “categorically denied” her version of events.

“I think it needs to be made perfectly clear that my niece Cassie has never been employed by me, has never been employed by anybody I know and like I said, I’ve never owned a business whatsoever.”

He added: “I believe Cassie has a bit of a history of skipping from one place to the next when things get a bit tough. I just don’t honestly believe that she was naive. I think, perhaps she may have had knowledge of what she was doing. Complete knowledge.”

Defending his fiancee, Broadbridge would claim “I don’t know if the business she worked for set her up or it was directly straight from Colombia but I believe she was, I guess, set up as a drug mule without her knowledge.”

6765de2ae08a1cf1cc55077bb55929dc

Cassie’s father Stuart was more direct: “I can’t sit here and lie and say innocent, guilty, there’s just 68 different stories. I would like for the truth to come out.”

Her dad claimed both Cassie and Scott had been planning a trip to Colombia as early as January and “I said to her do you know what sort of country that was ... don’t go. It’s exactly what I said to her. Don’t be stupid. Now I thought with the big blow up I had with Cassie over that ... and I saw her again after that ... she said ‘we’re not going Dad’ well, okay, thank you.”

In yet another twist to the story, Seven claimed Broadbridge was also being investigated by Australian police for his ties to the alleged drug dealing activities of a former partner.

Cassie’s father said: “now Scott needs to get his story right, don’t he, because I’m not sitting around and watching this crap anymore.”

Source: http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...s/news-story/0e464858c18089e4232e5bc868fe94b5

It always was, really.
Fucking tabloid media in this cuntry are a disgrace. Dragging her through so much shit.
These ambulance-chasing scum love a good life-ruined-overseas-with-drugs story.

'She would cry in the corner eating chips and gravy': Brothel madam says 'Cocaine Cassie' Sainsbury claimed to be broke, have cancer and 'wasn't popular because she was a bit tubby'

4099D9AB00000578-4531086-It_has_been_revealed_Sainsbury_22_worked_as_a_prostitute_at_220_-a-22_1495470556018.jpg

Brothel madam claims Cassie Sainsbury forced into sex work to make ends meet
Pamela Feranchi said she wasn't very popular because she was 'a bit tubby'
Sainsbury allegedly told Ms Feranchi she had cancer and was in financial ruin
'She was a complete mess, you could tell she did not want to be there,' she said
Sainsbury worked as a prostitute at 220 Gentleman's Club in Penrith, Sydney
Reportedly promoted herself as '19 years old... classy, fun and ready to please'

A Sydney brothel madam has claimed Cassie Sainsbury was forced into sex work to make ends meet but wasn't popular with clients because she was 'a bit tubby'.
It has been revealed Sainsbury, 22, worked as a prostitute at 220 Gentleman's Club in the city's west before she was allegedly caught with 5.8kg of cocaine in Colombia.
Advertising her services under the name 'Claudia', she promoted herself as '19 years old... classy, fun and ready to please.'
But Pamela Feranchi, who employed Sainsbury in the months leading to her arrest, painted a far different picture of her time at the brothel - claiming she was 'depressed.'

'Sometimes she would cry in the corner eating pizza, chips and gravy. She wasn't the most popular girl, God love her, she was a bit tubby, even though she was a personal trainer,' Ms Feranchi told The Daily Telegraph.
Sainsbury allegedly told Ms Feranchi she had cancer and was forced to become a prostitute because she was drowning in debt.
'She was a complete mess, you could tell she did not want to be there but she had big money problems,' she said.
'She told some of the other girls her mother was no longer alive and me that she had been diagnosed with cancer, she broke my heart.'

CONT - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-popular-prostitute-tubby.html#ixzz4hqH1JPgc

Cassandra Sainsbury risks same 60 Minutes fate as Schapelle Corby

Six days from freedom, many years later and a million years wiser, you could easily imagine what Schapelle Corby was thinking if she had a 60 Minutes live stream in Bali on Sunday night.

Just who got their money's worth here?

Answer: Not the woman behind bars. And probably not the program waving the big bucks.

Almost 13 years to the day after the Corby family pocketed its first alleged Channel Nine cheque to tell the alleged story of an alleged innocent waif abroad caught up in an alleged drug-smuggling sting, the family of alleged Colombian jailbird Cassandra Sainsbury took the same alleged time-honoured route to … what?

What – allegedly – indeed?

It's hard to know what anyone is thinking when these cluster-farts of media hysteria and foreign judicial systems collide in an explosion of moral outrage and moral confusion, breathlessly presented to a national audience over Sunday night dessert.

But once again on 60 Minutes – direct from the streets of Bogota, Colombia and the red-lit doorways of Sydney – came a tale of moral turpitude and questionable ethics, most of it related to the program delivering the story.

Here were some of the opening lines from a program Nine flagged as a "special edition".

If only there had been anything special about it; alas, it was entirely predictable.

"The most extraordinary development…."!

"But that's not all about Cassandra's secret past…"!

"Her life as a prostitute…"!

"An admission she did it…"!

"Her lawyer tells us she…"!

"Our investigation…"!

The latter line – "our investigation" – should be treated with caution when dealing with a program whose investigative techniques have sometimes amounted to throwing large sums of money in the direction of people who'll talk to them.

In 2004, it was 60 Minutes and Nine who did more than most to forge the national belief that Schapelle Corby came from a Brady Bunch-like clan from the classier areas of the Gold Coast, and that her unjust incarceration deprived the nation of a young heroine's wisdom on eyebrow maintenance. And when Corby went down in 2005, it was 60 Minutes who paid their way into both the courtroom and the family's post-conviction Bali villa.

Cassandra – Schapelle for a new generation? Please, no! – risks the same fate, at least as the subject of gratuitous media carry-on.

One wonders what Sainsbury's mother, Lisa Evans, and sister, Khala, are thinking this morning, after viewing Sunday night's chequebook-laden tale. It came complete with staged jail phone calls and pointless but camera-friendly hollering outside the prison walls – juxtaposed with a second story reported from Sydney.

In this back-after-the-break knees-up, the harbour city's allegedly long-dead nightlife was given an alleged new lease on life: "This is Australia's party strip, the notorious Kings Cross in Sydney's eastern suburbs".

One imagines the only people cheering were the city's tourism chiefs, relieved to finally have someone painting the area allegedly known as "the notorious Kings Cross" as still breathing, let alone notorious.

60 Minutes' endeavours to convince us that it, too, is still breathing consisted of interviews with Cassandra's mother and sister, conducted in environs ranging from the back of a cab, to a park bench, to the aforementioned hollering outside prison walls, to breast-laden pictorial renditions of Sainsbury's alleged previous life as a Sydney sex worker. (Corby-case aficionados will recall that Schapelle's downfall included allegations that she had taken a similar path in Japan, prior to her alleged Bali misfortune.)

On 60 Minutes, the story of Sainsbury's alleged previous life was delivered with the implication from an alleged former colleague that Cassandra's alleged life was (take your pick) illegal, immoral or that she-got-what-she-allegedly deserved: "I can guarantee you 100 per cent that is her body, that is her in that profile".

This was a judgment no doubt encouraged by the 60 Minutes promise to the woman making it: "We have agreed to conceal her identity and change her voice."

The main alleged conclusion to draw from it all?

That 60 Minutes may be willing to conceal the identity and change the voice of the people it pays for stories … but none of it conceals the modern identity of the program itself.

You can pay for anything – but you can't buy credibility. Allegedly? No, you can bank on that.

http://www.smh.com.au/

Fuck the drug war man.
This girl is fucking fucked. No dignity - everyone revelling in her dirty laundry. She's a newspaper hack's dream come true.

This story's got it all from a tabloid perspective - sex, drugs and fucking misery. I feel really sorry for anyone desperate and broken enough to br a (really amateurish) drug mule.
Tuck - bad enough being a prostitute. Then being a mule is a further indicator of desperation (or at least serious trouble).

Getting caught and facing decades in a columbian prison is just a further descent into hell. Horrible.

Revealed: 'Cocaine Cassie' Sainsbury, 22, told to dob in members of drug syndicate and spend the rest of her life in witness protection - or languish for 30 YEARS in a Colombian jail

Prosecution deal for accused cocaine smuggler Cassie Sainsbury is revealed
She will have to name members of a drug syndicate to reduce possible jail time
The move will also mean she will have to go into hiding under witness protection
Without supplying the details, she may languish in a Colombian jail for 30 years

Cassie Sainsbury will have to reveal the names of drug syndicate members who allegedly supplied her with the cocaine found in her suitcase or risk languishing in a Colombian jail for 30 years.
The 22-year-old Australian woman will need to hand over the vital details to authorities under a mooted prosecution plea deal which would cut short any jail sentence she may receive.
But the move will also mean Sainsbury would have to go into hiding under witness protection for her own safety, The Advertiser reported.

Colombian authorities are desperate to know how and why the drugs came to be in her possession and will not budge on a plea bargain without the information.
They are also keen to find out just who was the mystery person who purchased a plane ticket on Sainsbury's behalf from China to Colombia.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...dob-members-drug-syndicate.html#ixzz4ngqTxPqO

Revealed: 'Cocaine Cassie' Sainsbury, 22, told to dob in members of drug syndicate and spend the rest of her life in witness protection - or languish for 30 YEARS in a Colombian jail

Cassie Sainsbury will have to reveal the names of drug syndicate members who allegedly supplied her with the cocaine found in her suitcase or risk languishing in a Colombian jail for 30 years.
The 22-year-old Australian woman will need to hand over the vital details to authorities under a mooted prosecution plea deal which would cut short any jail sentence she may receive.
But the move will also mean Sainsbury would have to go into hiding under witness protection for her own safety, The Advertiser reported.

Colombian authorities are desperate to know how and why the drugs came to be in her possession and will not budge on a plea bargain without the information.
They are also keen to find out just who was the mystery person who purchased a plane ticket on Sainsbury's behalf from China to Colombia.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...dob-members-drug-syndicate.html#ixzz4ngqTxPqO

Hso either get killed by a drug trafficker or spend 30 years in a 3rd world prison. Ouch.

Cassie Sainsbury: Will the truth ever be heard?

For over three months, Cassie Sainsbury has been locked up in a prison in Bogota, Colombia.

She has been in there holding onto the most important factor in this whole saga - the truth.

Is Cassie Sainsbury the victim of a ruthlessly evil drug cartel?

Or is she a young woman whose greed led her to make the worst decision of her life?

So far, we've heard an array of accounts regarding Cassie.

The first version came from "Camp Sainsbury" itself and emerged when news of her arrest broke in Australia in April, when her family launched a crowdfunding campaign to pay for her legal fees.

"She's been setup by a corrupt country" they said.

Cassie had told relatives she'd been shopping in Bogota to find gifts to give to her wedding party when she struck a deal for 18 pairs of headphones.

She claims she got the headphones from a tour guide-cum-electronics broker named Angelo.

Unfortunately for her, the headphones turned out to be full of 5.8kg cocaine and Angelo disappeared.

This version seemed odd from the beginning, not least because it was based on the idea that a newlywed couple should shower their guests with presents, instead of the other way around.

Weeks later, Cassie's fiancé Scott Broadridge tried to explain why she'd made the week-long trip to Colombia in the first place.

According to Mr Broadridge, Cassie was working for a cleaning company and received $1800 a week in cash from the owners, Karen and June Dolshol.

Continued -

http://www.9news.com.au/world/2017/07/25/06/57/cassie-sainsbury-trial-to-continue?ocid=Social-9News