• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Gaming Anyone still playing Counter Strike Source in 2017?

For the first time in ages last night I reinstalled it, but I'm pretty shit. Was never that into it and kept getting killed. Think I lasted about five minutes.

Replaying episode two though. Has anyone played hl2 to in the synergy co-op mod? Got to love half life.

Why not CS:GO?

I devoted a significant portion of my preteen years to Counter Strike. When I first began playing, it was a beta and still had Escape missions (which should still be in the game, IMO). On my 56k modem.

Devoted hours, days, months and years, and still I'm fucking terrible at the game. Had to give it up, some things just cannot be.

But seriously, why Source and not GO? I remember sticking to 1.6 because I disliked Source so much, while I felt that GO was awesome during the brief time I spent on it.

Plus, it still receives developer support, which is a must in gaming today (unless you are a Smash: Melee player and your gods have abandoned you).

I thought Source evolved into GO? Man I'm so out of the loop these days.

I played the hell out of CS between 1.1-1.6. I can't believe I use to play it on a 56k modem.. I got really into it with clanning and scrim matches between other clans for tournaments. I was even designing my own maps with Hammer World Editor. It still amazes me that a modification of Half-Life had such a monumental impact on the FPS scene.

The reason I never got into CS: Source much is because 3 weeks after it's release WoW was released and that consumed the next 3 years of my life.

Steam was also a nightmare of messy code back then which was required to run source IIRC.

I host a listen server on occasion that just runs aim maps and headshot game modes. I've moved recently, but if someone else is actually willing to dick around in game I'd get my router set up sometime soon.

I'd play CS:GO, but don't they make you pay for server hosting if I'm correct? The goldsource/source engines were always more user-friendly for people wanting to run listen servers and not dedicated ones.

dont really like go tried it but prefer the feel and simplicity of css lol

I play some zm mod sometimes. Its really fun. Kind of like a zombie escape/survive.
I would be down to play some css if anyone is else up to it, just add me on steam.

I would do 1.6 again

But I like GO better

I didn’t think I was going to but look at how plebe I am

I never got into source