Poly drug needs to be talked about

This tool,the tool that posted the OP? it wouldn't surprise me one bit if, in some sackcloth and with their faces, arms and legs covered in ashes,following alcohol shoppers around, wagging their finger and hectoring people buying cigarettes,booze, contraception, and generally seems to be the kind who would stick a handful of pamphlets in your face and start yabbering on about jesus.

I haven't read every post in the thread but i agree with luckys1evin statment "Actually using Downers to help deal with the "Comedown" effects of speed, is kinda clever. Know Your body , know your dose."

Being a sensible poly drug users comes down to knowing the safe and beneficial combos as well as being aware of the right amount of time to give between doses of different types of drugs to get the most enjoyment out of the substances.

For example using heroin at the exact same time as meth is a massive waste as each drug cancels each other out, whereas using heroin 12 to 16 hours after using meth will very much ease the comedown of the meth high. Same thing goes for mixing cystal methapemhine and benzo's. It's completely pointless and counter-productive swallowing a couple of xanax bars 2 mins after you puff a point or two of ice at night time. But Xanax is great for the day after the overnight ice high as wore off.

But you don't want to mix heroin or any opiate with benzo type drugs, it's very important to do your research about possible dangerous drug combinations. A sure fire way to stop breathing is to first pop 50 mg of diazapam and then have a IV shot of China white heroin, but if you were a heroin addict and had a shot of China white and then 24 hours later when you entered heroin withdrawals tried taking 50 mg of diazapam that would help with the detox symptoms

I just took my morning methadone and Valium. I'm going down 10 a week from 115. Sometimes poly drugs are needed or I'd be killing my neighbor with a shovel

I thought it would be dangerous to mix a benzo medication like Valium with a form of opiate like when taking a dose of methadone at the same time

Worth thinking about how many case studies of fatalities and hospitalisations report poly drug use, which should just be a reminder as others have already said about learning limits when mixing. The amounts of different substances detected in some cases studies is scary

As someone who has mixed drugs of all types for a long time, it is a fatal mistake. You can try to balance yourself out with uppers and downers but it doesn?t take long before your stuck taking drugs to get up and get down and you feel worse than being sober. I went in a decade ago looking for a cure, and came out cursed.

It just depends on your brain chemistry. Some people love the feeling of benzos/opiates together despite that combo being potentially deadly, but I find benzos to cancel out the effects of any other drug for the most part.

As long as you research which interactions are dangerous and use caution from that point you should be fine. It's helpful to have a friend around that knows you're a wreckless idiot sometimes and have him/her come over if you think something has gone terribly wrong. Alot of people hide their drug use from the rest of the world (for obvious reasons) but that ends up making alot of situations far more dangerous if no one can obseve your usage at all at any given point