• 8. D's

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 9. alasdairm

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hydroazuanacaine

bluelighter
This round's theme is Travel / Vacation, suggested by animal_cookie.

Congrats to the winner of round 389, malakaix!

LAVA Photo Contest Rules
  1. This contest is open to everyone, regardless of equipment and skill level.
  2. Submissions will be taken until May 19.
  3. Voting will be open from May 20 - May 27.
  4. Photograph or variation of a photograph cannot be recycled from previous rounds.
  5. Photographs must be your original work.
  6. Only one photograph may be entered per contest per member.
  7. Post your photo in the the form of an image, not a link to click on.
    • To insert an image, host the image on a 3rd party site and post it using the picture button or this code [IMG]...[/IMG].
    • Those who wish to participate in sharing full versions of their entries may do so by providing a link to the full sized version in the same post as their entry.
    • Please be sure the dimensions of your photo are not obtrusive when displayed.
  8. This month, the winner shall be crowned and known throughout the land (of BL) henceforth as Travelshotmeister.
  9. Don't be a dummy! Vote and don't vote for your own photo. Make it fun and pick a favorite from your worthy competition.
Next Round's Theme: who knows. make a suggestion here.

Thank you and have fun!

VOTE NOW!
Voting is open until 23:59 May 27

Finalists:

1. thujone:

2. herbavore:

3. sigmond:

4. animal_cookie:

17862799_10104935968197084_2980298161474675785_n.jpg

5. Ovidio:

IMG_0382.jpg

6. malakaix:

qswFBrG.jpg

7. The Hypnotist:

8. D's:

4611_1077679185349_1327330659_30222.jpg

9. alasdairm:

LAVA Mod Team PSA: In honor and celebration of our dear comrade hydroazuanacaine, a decision has been made to award the winner with their own custom title. See the new rule, #8.

Last edited by a moderator:

I was madly taking pictures with just my phone through the (dirty!)window of the plane from Ecuador to Peru. Mostly I got clouds but occasionally they would thin and I would get something surprising. In the Andes people truly believe, as they have for centuries, that their mountains have personalities and powers unique to each. The tallest are named and revered as divine despite centuries of Christianity. When I first saw this picture I was excited to see the big lake but on closer inspection I saw the beautiful twin turquoise pools, like a gorgeous pair of eyes looking into the sky. At that elevation these small pools must have had some volcanic activity to remain unfrozen.

Remember, winner gets a title until the next winner is chosen. If you want to keep your title keep hitting us with your amazing photography. <3

Get your pics in before the closing date. Voting will commence then. Looking forward to everyone's stunning entries!

Last edited:
^ gorgeous, nice contrast

great shot of margit hit, malakaix, hate seagulls but they add a sweet dynamism to the pic. looks like they finally updated the streetcars on that line from the third-worldish shit-on-rails that were there before :S

Oh wow that photo is incredible Hypno, I've heard the northern region of the country is known to be called the Jewel of Pakistan.

^ gorgeous, nice contrast

great shot of margit hit, malakaix, hate seagulls but they add a sweet dynamism to the pic. looks like they finally updated the streetcars on that line from the third-worldish shit-on-rails that were there before :S

I think that's the only one though haha. It was the only line I would use because it went around the city in a circle and was in operation 24/7.

The other ones that run through Deak'ter and Kalvin'ter still look like old rusted tinbox's, although I haven't been back since 2014 so maybe they've been upgraded too. They had just finished the 4th underground line before I left which looks super modern and sleek.

Last edited:
I've heard the northern region of the country is known to be called the Jewel of Pakistan.
Never heard it called like that though it sounds about right. I have been in India and Nepal mountains too and for me Pakistan is the most beautiful place. Another great advantage of Pakistan is that there is almost not tourism at all because of its perceived danger, so you can be in breathtaking places just by yourself. That photo is the best for my taste of a long trek crossing North Pakistan from east to west linking different treks. I don't have any photography knowledge and was made with a cheap chinesse automatic camera. So what you see is what was there...just add the sound of the wind and distant avalanches and you can feel there.

Sorry folks, just caught the typo/error with the dates. Fixed now.

Submissions accepted until May 19th w/ voting happening from May 20th-27th.

peritomoreno03.jpg

taken atop the perito moreno glacier in los glaciers national park, argentina.

alasdair

Those definitely beat out the glaciers I've experienced in the high sierras in pure awesomeness. Pretty cool!