• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Circumcision

I couldn't care about that. It looks better, 9/10 blow jobs agree

Pretty sure that by the time you reach the point where she can tell if you're circumcised or not, it's not going to make a difference :/ Realistically, how often do you think chicks get to the point where they're willing to go down on a guy, pull his junk out, then go "oh gross, he has a foreskin" and run off?

As for the health argument - well, if someone needs to be circumcised to prevent their dick becoming infected, then they should probably evaluate their wider hygiene and overall lifestyle.

Instead of chopping up someone's dick, you could always say "hey son, when you're in the shower pull the foreskin back for a few seconds." Seems a tad more humane, no?

Pretty sure that by the time you reach the point where she can tell if you're circumcised or not, it's not going to make a difference :/ Realistically, how often do you think chicks get to the point where they're willing to go down on a guy, pull his junk out, then go "oh gross, he has a foreskin" and run off?

I've known lots of people who abandon giving a blowjob for all kinds of reasons. If they're grossed out they're not going to continue.

As for the health argument - well, if someone needs to be circumcised to prevent their dick becoming infected, then they should probably evaluate their wider hygiene and overall lifestyle.

Instead of chopping up someone's dick, you could always say "hey son, when you're in the shower pull the foreskin back for a few seconds." Seems a tad more humane, no?

Even with education, the infection rates are highest in kids. It's not just because of poor hygiene but also because of developing immune systems. Some foreskins are naturally tighter and trap more within them. It's important to remember that infection itself can damage the penis and cause chronic inflammation. Yeah it's not super common but it does happen.

Also some young men suffer from foreskin strictures. As they hit puberty and their penis gets bigger, the foreskin does not adapt and has to be circumcised anyway.

I'm not saying I support circumcision... I'd prefer not to get it done on my kid. I'm just pointing out that it's not a black and white issue.

It's a necessity in my religion, but I'm glad I've had it done, my kids will as well.

...Yeah it's not super common but it does happen...

So because it happens to some slight percentage of the male population, all males need to be routinely circumcised as infants "just in case"? Don't you see how ridiculous that sounds? Might as well cut anything off that may cause problems later in life. Don't you think it would be a better practice to cut things off when it's actually necessary, not trying to prevent something that is fairly unlikely to happen at the cost of subjecting the individual to unnecessary suffering?

as someone who suffered from said condition, I had a simple operation to loosen foreskin slightly. now am fine. 10/10 would not be circumcised again.

Pin their ears, fracture the palatial sutures to widen their maxilla, orthognatic surgery to fracture their mandible and and advance their lower jaw, cleft lips, extraction of teeth. I perform these daily purely for cosmetic reason.

The study you cited is over 8 yr old, an eternity in the medical community

Here is one from last year
http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/pa...n/news-story/c47339e787d393e247777ab3b543ff5c

Ok, but where do you draw the line? What about say deliberately inflicting facial scars, as is done in some cultures? Would you object to performing something like that or is it all fair game, as long as there is a culture behind it, that considers the outcome as more beautiful? If a culture, that finds the modifications beautiful, is all that is needed to legitimise the practice, can we even criticise the dreaded female 'circumcision'?

Has that particular study been refuted? If not I don't see why it should matter that it is eight years old. I have definitely come across the very argument that circumcision could reduce the spreading of HIV, which seems to have been debunked (not that I am an expert on the topic, if you know better please enlighten me), which was my whole point.

From the article you posted:
The study by researchers at the University Sydney, the University of New South Wales and several teaching hospitals reports that uncircumcised males face an 80 per cent risk of developing a foreskin-related condition requiring medical attention.

Obviously the conditions they are referring to can't be all that serious, otherwise I don't see why masses of adult males are not getting circumcised on their own volition to prevent these horrible diseases. The Royal Australasian College of Physicians, according to that article, makes it clear that any advantages are so miniscule that they cannot justify circumcision as a standard procedure.

Foreigner, I am not disputing at all that there are legitimate cases where circumcision is medically necessary and that parents have the right make that decision for their kid. I just don't think, as belligerent drunk pointed out, that it is common enough to legitimise circumcision as a standard practice 'just in case'.

There's a whole community of men trying to regrow their foreskins. Not for aesthetic reasons, but because the removal of up to 40,000 nerve endings in the foreskin destroyed their sexual enjoyment

I think that has to be overstating it. I'm circumcised and I love the fucking shit out of sex. :D I don't think anyone really knows. Not even those who were genitally flayed later in life, if it "destroyed" their enjoyment I'd wager a psychological factor is at play.

I'm dead curious. The foreskin 'decloaks' to reveal the glans penis and its cluster of pleasure nerves. What role does the foreskin actually play in sexual pleasure, given that its actively pushed out of the way by the part that distinctly does play a role?

Wouldn't having an extra layer of skin reduce friction and thus sexual pleasure?

The foreskin protects the delicate penis (in what sense) but so do clothes and stuff. Men tend to focus on their dick as solely a sexual organ but we also excrete waste products through it, arguably its primary function, at least the function it is most used for. Any outlet is also an inlet. It just seems much more likely that its simply a sheath of flappy skin that is totally secondary to the main event.

I hear a lot of uncut guys wank with the foreskin as a sort of in-built fleshlight. I wonder if it gives you a bias? ;)

I've done no research on the subject so please forgive my speculation. :)

I've done no research on the subject so please forgive my speculation. :)

Yeeeeeas, I can see ;)

The foreskin isn't just some random lump of skin that gets in the way of sex lol. It evolved for a reason. All the way down to the frenulum, it's carpeted in a very dense network of pleasure sensors/nerves. They contribute majorly to sexual pleasure (for men and women). The foreskin isn't 'blocking' the fun, it contributes to it, and also aids lubrication, which improves sensation. As said, you wouldn't know what you're missing if you never had one, would you? It doesn't mean you don't still find sex amazingly awesome tho :)

Anyway aside from that, men who are circumcised after about 12 months in life can develop an issue whereby the nerve connection between foreskin (with its thousands of nerves) and brain has largely matured. But when you then remove the foreskin, the area of the brain dedicated to sensing those nerves is still there, however many of the nerves that generate the 'nice' feeling have been chopped. The remaining nerves on the head of the glans compensate and can become hyperstimulated/painful for a lot of men as a result - imagine fingernails down a blackboard, or continuing to j/o immediately after an orgasm. It's completely ruined a lot of men's sex lives.

^If I'm not prying too much (though surely am) what was your reasoning?

Fucking ouch.

You could have avoided rough sex but yeah fuck that entirely ;)

My opinion on the matter is I am circumcised and I dont care. Would I have it done to my son should i ever have kids, sure. Why would I do it? Because it never effected me, I have had sex with females and had no issues, if i ever met someone who took an issue id tell them to fuck off and be ashamed of who they are because they cannot make me ashamed of who i am.

I dont see how someone who loves themselves can ever have an issue with something that happened when they were too young to remember it. I never tied it to a religion or anything I honestly love the way I look in all regards, if i had foreskin i would still love myself but as that is not me, it simply would not be me.

Why would you do it to your son unless there's a medical need? That doesn't make any logical sense. If he wants it, he can always choose to do it as an adult. You're taking that option away from him.

Why would you do it to your son unless there's a medical need? That doesn't make any logical sense. If he wants it, he can always choose to do it as an adult. You're taking that option away from him.

I dont view it like that I never correlated it with a medical need. Again as it has never done me wrong, I am not comparing my sex life to others, and I have never cared what others think. For those reasons why would I do the opposite? That sounds like not trusting my own experiences as being accurate.

I replied because my cousin was going on some insane rant about how he feels mutilated to which I said "I could never think of that part of me as "mutilated" sounds like some kind of body issue or self worth thing to me" no offense but thats how i see it. Because i am 100% happy with being me I wouldnt change any of that especially something so benign and non-issue. I would have the procedure done on my son for those reasons.

But they are your reasons, not your sons reasons. Don't you think your son should have the right to choose for himself what he wants to happen when he's 18? You're saying you're going to choose for him.

But they are your reasons, not your sons reasons. Don't you think your son should have the right to choose for himself what he wants to happen when he's 18? You're saying you're going to choose for him.

Again I dont view it as "removing the option" I see it as "its a nonissue so he wont care" much like myself. If he did care id tell him to love himself more and be the change he wants to see in the world (i dont plan on having kids)

I think I'd be kinda pissed if it hadn't been done to me as a baby because most women I've had this sort of discussion with say they much prefer a circumcized penis (of course in America it's really common which is probably why). It seems like doing it when you're an adult is far more likely to lead to complications and be really painful and more difficult to recover from (no erections as a baby). I have never met anyone complaining about lack of enjoyment in sex because of it, I enjoy sex a ton, in fact it's taken me a lot of experience over the years to not feel like it's too intense and ejaculate too early. I mean I know that I don't have any experience with foreskin, but then again most people who have it also have no experience without it. The only people who can really legitimately comment on that aspect of it, IMO, are people who were sexually active before circumcision and then got circumcized, and are able to compare experientially.

I've never been upset about it or suffered from it a day in my life. If someone had started telling me about how mutilated I was when I was young and impressionable, I might have been impacted, I dunno. I honestly didn't even know that it was a thing until I was sexually active. I mean I knew the word and knew it had been done to me, but I didn't even know that penises come naturally with skin at the top. I guess I didn't really know what it was as a kid.

I'm not citing anyone in particular, but what I appear to be reading a lot of in this thread is (mostly men who've been circumcised) getting a bit defensive about their cocks, projecting their own insecurities and saying "I've been circumcised, I'm fine, all girls tell me its great, it's clean, and sex is amazing," and using this to justify genital mutilation for minors who have no choice or understanding of the matter.

I've already mentioned that there are potentially serious consequences for some children and adult men who are circumcised (on top of the more immediate failures that occur during the procedure). Thus if you don't need to perform the operation, it is not logical to submit yourself or your child to the risk, no matter how small. That should be patently obvious, especially to any caring parent who's thinking more about their child than their own ego.

Over in Europe, Asia, South America, Southern Africa and Oceania (ie most of planet Earth) the majority of men are not circumcised. They are not rushing out to randomly chop their or their children's naturally-evolved foreskins off for no medical reason whatsoever. Most women are not asking for men with circumcised penises, and meanwhile the foreskin enhances a women's clitoral stimulation during sex.

Infant male circumcision is genital mutilation

Men should have the right to choose circumcision, not have the choice forced upon them. Infant circumcision without consent or immediate medical justification is an unjustified violation of basic human rights, that shares more in common with ancient coming-of-age rituals than responsible medical practice

https://www.theguardian.com/science/the-lay-scientist/2011/dec/06/1

I think another distinction your failing to realize too is that some people just dont care. I do understand where your coming from as far as "if i dont care why would i have it done" because that assumes i view what happened to me as bad, which it is not. I do not know anyone who has had complication from this in my entire life and i have known plenty of males in that time frame. What I am literally saying is "why would i make my child different from me if i have no reason not to other then theoretical reasons posted on the internet, the one thing i know for sure is its a nonissue to me."

If you are circumcised and feel you were wrong then I think you need to work on self acceptance. I think its cool if its unique i like the way i look and the fewer that are like me the better.

That doesn't seem very logically consistent. If you don't care, then why go that extra step and have it done in the first place? And if this isn't about you, then why are you referring to your child being different from yourself as part of your reasoning for having it done?

Yes of course because i am happy with myself and would want my child to be. Your insinuating that it is bad and my thoughts need to be grounded in logic rather then experience. If I dont care then why not get it done so my child and myself are similar?

You seem to be of the belief it is somehow bad, i do not share that belief and feel it is neutral. I ask again why would i make my kid different then me for the sake of something i dont care about?