PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides The Big & Dandy ALD-52 Thread - Part 2 "Aciityl Aciiiid"

Solipsis

Bluelight Crew
ALD-52 or 1-acetyl-LSD

160px-ALD-52_image.svg.png

iupac = (6aR,9R)-4-acetyl-N,N-diethyl-7-methyl-4,6,6a,7,8,9-hexahydroindolo[4,3-fg]quinoline-9-carboxamide

- David Nichols supposedly said that 1-substituted LSD analogues like these have no activity at 5-HT2A themselves
- But, it does get broken down to LSD in the body, ALD-52 most likely more rapidly even than 1P-LSD. So at the very least you have the effects from the metabolized LSD.
- However like with psilocin esters, the kinetics alone could make a subjective difference, but since subjectivity is so hard to qualify, we don't know how different it is from LSD
- The safety is also unknown but I am not aware of any evidence suggesting that it isn't every bit as safe as LSD
- In any case, it's damn good for people who are unable to find LSD to have a "legal" substitute.
- There are some arguments like the high potency of ALD-52 or 1P-LSD not explaining the relatively limited LSD metabolite found, but I am skeptical of that since LSD potency is much more overstated whereas ALD-52 and 1P-LSD potencies advertised seem to on average be much more honest, coming from one major source and distribution chain. Also, there are pharmacological reasons why the threshold for these compounds is quite low, so the actual significance of these pro-drugs has not truly been demonstrated as far as I'm concerned. But there may be more to it of course!

s.

LINK TO PREVIOUS THREAD

posts from the previous thread:

Our research has indicated that if the Ehrlich Reagent testing environment's temperature conditions are increased to around 90F, the reaction strength of ALD-52 is greatly increased and the time to reaction in such a test is greatly decreased.

Here's a 125mcg sample of ALD-52 from a popular European vendor tested over a 20 minute time period at 90F in a standard NIK D Ehrlich Reagent pouch (the same type most commonly used by law enforcement agencies).
USR_ALD_125_90F_ERtest-Sept20169341f.md.jpg

And here's a 100mcg sample of ALD-52 from a popular Canadian vendor tested over a 20 minute time period in the same testing environment using the same model testing kit as above.
LY_100_90F_ERtest-May2016a6305.md.jpg

For contrast, here is a 25mcg sample and a 100mcg sample after 12 hours at room temperature in the same model testing kit as above. [Note: The reaction isn't nearly as strong and (obviously) quick.]
HS_ALD_25100_90F_ERtest-June2016b5abc.md.jpg

Hope this info helps expand the knowledge base.

More testing to come with more compounds as increased access allows.

ALD-52 (like other lysergamides) contains an indole at the bottom of the molecule. This is why it reacts (albeit slowly at room temperature) in an Ehrlich Reagent test.

indole.gif

Lysergamides:
Figure-1-Chemical-structures-of-lysergamides-d-LSD-1-acetyl-LSD-ALD-52-and_big.png

No, I meant that these substances are stronger when the weather is really hot. Like drinking alcohol and smoking weed under the sun. It definitely hits harder.

Yes. I just read an article about alcohol. It says that the bodycells are containing less fluid at higher temperatures and therefore the alcohol in the body is more concentrated. Therefore the impact is stronger and it sets in faster. Doesn't have to mean it's the same with Lsd, but with Thc I definitely feel the same. It always hits me stronger when I'm sitting under the sun.

My personal response to the above discussion:

Alcohol metabolism requires a lot of water and if already dehydrated for example as result of the heat, it indeed tends to have a heavier impact. THC is also quite hygroscopic and dehydrating at least in some ways, though I don't think the metabolism requires water, nor do I know any hangover to be in majority a function of how well you can keep compensating with hydration.

LSD does not dehydrate you and the rate of reaction of Ehrlich's reagent with it has absolutely nothing to do with the human body.

What's left though is that exhaustion makes you much more sensitive, both body and mind are highly connected in this. There are various ways of course to get exhausted, from your activity alone or lack of rest after activity or insufficient nutrition or hydration are main examples. These should still be factors that determine your set, and influence the outcome of a trip, but I don't see a reason why that should be more than for LSD or other psychedelics.
That means that in some sense I agree that there are comparisons with alcohol, which regardless of its further metabolism can hit harder when you are exhausted. But it should not go beyond that, as was partially suggested.

Last edited:
With any luck, I'll be getting to try this soon. I'm looking forward to it. I don't know if this is true or not, but I read that a lot of the "orange sunshine" acid from the late 60s was actually ALD-52.

^^ Very common myth, not urban legend-style myth though, the producers of orange sunshine claimed it was ALD-52, but it was because they were trying to avoid prosecution by the DEA (one of them many years later admitted it was just high-dose LSD). But yeah, ALD-52 is amazing. :)

While you are right, there's no reason that some blotters distributed on the black market since the '60ies couldn't have been ALD-52. I've seen pictures of Hoffman blotters with the ALD-52 molecule printed on the back. Not that it means anything, I know. But it's not really implausible, since if you have a lab that can make LSD, it can also make ALD-52. Now why would they? Because they can :) Why wouldn't they just have sold it legally as an RC then? Because they are a unlicensed clandestine lab already making LSD, and they already have distribution channels.

Of cause it's just speculation, but to me it seems extremely unlikely that at least some ALD-52 has been produced and distributed on the black market before.

For me ald is much more potent than 1p at least in my body but it seems to have on consensus on this.
Compared to lsd, it seems slightly more potent if i compare a tab of street lsd to a 100µg tab of ald. But I can't compare the potency because street tabs dosage are difficult to evaluate.
However the prodrug route might increase the potency with a better bio availability.

While you are right, there's no reason that some blotters distributed on the black market since the '60ies couldn't have been ALD-52. I've seen pictures of Hoffman blotters with the ALD-52 molecule printed on the back. Not that it means anything, I know. But it's not really implausible, since if you have a lab that can make LSD, it can also make ALD-52. Now why would they? Because they can :) Why wouldn't they just have sold it legally as an RC then? Because they are a unlicensed clandestine lab already making LSD, and they already have distribution channels.

Of cause it's just speculation, but to me it seems extremely unlikely that at least some ALD-52 has been produced and distributed on the black market before.
Ald might have been produced decades ago but, as said Xorkoth, the orange sunshine being ald is an old myth that was spread at the origin for legal reasons. It has been clarified years after the prosecution.

I'm sure random chemist produced it for himself at some point in the past; cause why not? How would we know?

What I don't believe is that it was ever sold to large numbers of people because chances are someone would have talked about it.

Just my opinion

The only way I can see it being feasible is if someone was doing it, but not telling anyone it was ALD, because they wanted to produce and sell LSD, and people wanted LSD, not to be told it was a different chemical, but perhaps they would have had a legal out if they were caught. Basically if the orange sunshine myth actually did happen at some point, but by someone else, and they never got busted so never revealed it. But if I had to guess, I'd guess that it's never been available to the masses until now.

We don't even know how significantly a random tripper would be able to differentiate between ALD-52 and LSD, let's start with that. Or if not yet right now, be cool about the theories that build on that difference. ;)

I had the idea of calling this thread "2 Much Like Acid" or something like that, but your name is apt Solipsis :)

Hi everyone. First time poster, very long time lurker. I've been following the ALD thread nearly since its inception and I am incredibly intrigued. LSD is hands down my favorite substance, and its become nearly impossible to find in my locality.

ALD is so promising, I finally ordered some, perhaps jumping the gun at 100 blotters :)

There will be many sampling this product for the first time and I am excited given its track record thus far.

Hey there, glad you finally joined then. :) I can't imagine you will regret your purchase if you love LSD.

Hey there, glad you finally joined then. :) I can't imagine you will regret your purchase if you love LSD.

Sorry if this is straying off topic, I am just curious if others have similar LSD experiences. I've dosed a total of maybe 20 times in my life, highest I've done is 4 blotters. However I've never felt anxiety or any "bodyload" people often describe. Never even felt nauseous on any part of it. Yet I get terrible anxiety smoking weed.

Have you heard of others having similar experiences?

I think a lot of us here have had the same experience, having little problem with psychedelics but having anxiety and over-thinking manifest with weed. It's a relatively if not very common occurrence from everything I've gathered online and in talking to friends in person.

Sorry if this is straying off topic, I am just curious if others have similar LSD experiences. I've dosed a total of maybe 20 times in my life, highest I've done is 4 blotters. However I've never felt anxiety or any "bodyload" people often describe. Never even felt nauseous on any part of it. Yet I get terrible anxiety smoking weed.

Have you heard of others having similar experiences?

Early in my psychedelic "career" I used to get bodyloads and anxiety. Actually I've never gotten a bodyload from LSD but I have had anxiety. These days, psychedelics hardly ever give me any anxiety or bodyload, even ones that used to make me feel really sick for the first couple of hours. I don't get much anxiety from weed either but I get it more from weed than any other drug I actually like to do. I often smoke weed during psychedelics but I usually wait until after the peak these days.

Early in my psychedelic "career" I used to get bodyloads and anxiety. Actually I've never gotten a bodyload from LSD but I have had anxiety. These days, psychedelics hardly ever give me any anxiety or bodyload, even ones that used to make me feel really sick for the first couple of hours. I don't get much anxiety from weed either but I get it more from weed than any other drug I actually like to do. I often smoke weed during psychedelics but I usually wait until after the peak these days.

Back to the topic : ALD :)

I should be receiving the compound this week. I will first test it with ehrlichs for my peace of mind, and will administer a half a blotter Friday evening after punching out at work (I car pool so I will not be driving no worries there) to test the waters. If all goes as I assume it will, I will administer a whole tab Saturday evening and will report back here after.

On a side note, will the half tab Friday effect potency of the whole tab Saturday?

In the past I've done 1 tab of LSD 2 nights in a row and not noticed a "tolerance" however I haven't done that in years so not sure if my memory is just getting the best of me here.

There will be a fairly significant tolerance developed from half a tab unfortunately. For what reason do you hope to test the waters with a half tab first?

For what reason do you hope to test the waters with a half tab first?

Mostly out of principal I suppose, when ingesting a new substance I like testing the temperature of the water before diving in so I don't end up getting hypothermia!

Maybe that's a lame analogy... But I may just do the whole tab since the consensus is that it will be indescernable from L, and then 2 the second evening :)

What causes the rapid tolerance? Are the receptors that lysergamids bind too easily depleted? I am admittedly ignorant to the biochemistry of how this works.

Last edited:
I think the receptors actually become consumed after they are used and they need to be replenished/rebuilt, and that takes some time
lower doses consume fewer of the receptors than high doses.

all the receptors get replaced in about 10-20 days, but if you dose low, like a half blotter or less, then within 3 days the number of available receptors has been adequately replaced to repeat the general effect.

some of the consumed receptors are in unique areas of the brain, and those areas may not be activated at all when dosing without enough time to regenerate all of the bits and pieces that are used up.

@Solipsis

But I wonder why Lsd makes me and sooo many other users pee so often during the experience. Last time me and a friend took Al-lad, it got to a point where we steadily had to get up like 10-15 minutes after taking a few sips of water. So for me and many other users it is definitely dehydrating.

@phoenixkill Welcome to the funhouse :)